Search found 84 matches

by Boromir
21 Feb 2006, 20:22
Forum: Articles
Topic: Wizard Creatures
Replies: 17
Views: 10213

Wizard Creatures

Aah, Titans in HoMM2 - they look awesome! :) I like the Roc too - it is nicer in H2 than in H3.
by Boromir
19 Feb 2006, 09:52
Topic: Academy Creatures
Replies: 71
Views: 24282

ThunderTitan wrote: How do you know that they weren't just sculpted to look that way?
Yeah, they could have been... But, well, if we go this way, why don't make them look like behemoths or dragons - they might have been scuptured that way... :devil:
by Boromir
15 Feb 2006, 23:07
Topic: Archangels vs. Arch Devils
Replies: 6
Views: 5122

Archangels vs. Arch Devils

In HoMM3 Archangels smash every other unit with one exception though: Ancient Behemoth. And while game goes forward and skills increase, the advantage of Behemoth grows, because for every +1 bonus to defense skill gained by Behemoth, Archangel would get only +0,2 due to Behemoth's special ability. H...
by Boromir
14 Feb 2006, 22:57

The real gargoyles weren't jukeboxes. They were actual statues, not WC3 flying boxes. (...) Yes, that's true, but for example H3 gorgoyles were not statues, but monsters with unnaturally gigantic teeth. All those gorgoyles you have linked are statues - more or less reallistic. In fact, H5 gorgoyles...
by Boromir
14 Feb 2006, 13:46

I tkink the gorgoyles from H5 are great. Maybe I'm alone in my view on this, but still that's what I think. Gorgoyles in previous HoMM games look just like other monsters, sort of demons. And now we have a revolution: gorgoyles are the real gorgoyles, but brought to life by the use of magic. Sure, t...
by Boromir
04 Feb 2006, 10:32
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Music you like...
Replies: 693
Views: 137705

Progressive rock. King Crimson, Yes, Jethro Tull, ELP, Pink Floyd, East of Eden etc. Sometimes jazz and a bit classical either.
by Boromir
04 Feb 2006, 10:30
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Academy Artifact Forging
Replies: 10
Views: 7009

I think the damage bonus is too high, but initiative too low. The first one makes Gremlins and Gorgoyles the best units in Academy and thus makes higher leve units useless. Initiative bonus is lower than luck or or morale, while both of them are rather better than initiative.
by Boromir
03 Feb 2006, 22:24
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: The Titans pwnage appreciation thread!
Replies: 26
Views: 11906

Petition signed. :)
O, Mighty Titans, the Heroes of the Past, we salute you!
Give Titans 250 HPs!!!!!

Edit: check this link. I've posted some of my thoughts on the official forum. Just sign up and write that you agree! :)
by Boromir
03 Feb 2006, 08:22
Topic: Academy Creatures Statistics
Replies: 67
Views: 28984

Generally Academy units' stats are low. Titan should have far more HPs - not only due to balance, but also due to the ultimately high cost of the dwelling and to his appearance (the biggest unit in the game). Rakshasa is the one which I would not change, as its very strong (but slow - that's the pro...
by Boromir
01 Feb 2006, 22:00
Topic: [H2]Your favourite lvl. 6 creature
Replies: 49
Views: 18237

Ah, the mighty Titan is first. :D Yes, that's great. :) I wonder if it is possible that Titan will be the strongest unit in HoMM5? In the beta it is the second weakest 7th level (stronger than Spectral Dragon only) :(. Well, if the Titan is the favourite unit among fans in all the HoMM series (acco...
by Boromir
31 Jan 2006, 09:08
Topic: Haven Creatures Statistics
Replies: 63
Views: 26583

Haven Creatures Statistics

Cleric is a great name - reminds me of clerics from the 'Equilibrium' movie. :-)
by Boromir
31 Jan 2006, 09:04
Topic: Dungeon Creatures Statistics
Replies: 76
Views: 31220

Dungeon Creatures Statistics

Does Matron really have 28 defence skill? Or is it a bug?
by Boromir
31 Jan 2006, 09:01
Topic: Academy Creatures Statistics
Replies: 67
Views: 28984

Academy Creatures Statistics

Yes the Colossus-Titan was cool. Generally they've ****ed up the names; Djinn was far better then Genie, and for Rakshasas: Rani (Hindi: queen, a wife of raja (rajah)) and Raja (Hindi: king) - this was GREAT!!!
by Boromir
30 Jan 2006, 17:15
Topic: Your Favorite 4th lvl creature
Replies: 72
Views: 23013

Always Titan - since H2. :)
by Boromir
30 Jan 2006, 11:20
Topic: Fog of War where are you?
Replies: 56
Views: 21405

I also think it's a must, but Contraband2004 might be right - some time ago it was said that it would be gone. :(
by Boromir
30 Jan 2006, 07:47
Topic: Heroes V Impressions: Post yours here
Replies: 90
Views: 40512

Also when zoomed out, the performance drops alarmingly. This is natural and can't be avoided. Even with dynamic LoD (Level of Detail) implemented, the number of polygons for you graphics accelerator to process increases greatly while the 'camera' covers more land. This might have been avoided to so...
by Boromir
30 Jan 2006, 07:37
Topic: What's the point of this beta?
Replies: 18
Views: 11242

I found one technical bug in the beta: the particle effects on models during battle sometimes cease to work (for example, the flames covering ArchDevil or on Nightmare's spine disappear for some time). Does anyone know, whom should I report this? By the way: yes, the spell effects are fantastic (lik...
by Boromir
29 Jan 2006, 16:45
Topic: What's the point of this beta?
Replies: 18
Views: 11242

My point of view is generally similar to the one presented by Bandobras Tuk. You must takie into consideration that this is beta - not the final version. I had lots of problems while trying to start any game and during first three in a row my partner was kiked off during the first turn. I would not ...
by Boromir
29 Jan 2006, 11:32
Topic: Creature stats
Replies: 39
Views: 18052

ThunderTitan wrote:It would also work if you just make money harder to get
Yes, in some way it's similiar. That's why I mentioned the 4000/2000 gold in cities in HoMM3 as a wrong idea.
by Boromir
29 Jan 2006, 10:46
Topic: Creature stats
Replies: 39
Views: 18052

The down side, of course, being absolute boredom. I guess you should play Master of Magic some time - then you will understand, that the city can be improved 20 times longer than in HoMM with absolutely no boredom. I am also against creating too great a disparity in the creature levels. The practic...

Go to advanced search