Search found 84 matches

by Boromir
23 Apr 2006, 08:49
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Glowing in the dark
Replies: 17
Views: 7358

Run for your lives!

Huh, immortal Monty Python. :) But, well, I can't see neither the rabbit-monster nor the French castle here. ;)
Edited on Sun, Apr 23 2006, 02:51 by Boromir
by Boromir
07 Apr 2006, 16:15
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Your Favorite 7th lvl creature
Replies: 59
Views: 31411

I've got to disagree with that. Speaking strictly of L7s, the more advanced the game is, the more likely it is to have two stacks of Archangels that can ressurect each other. Yes, this is true, but one stack of Ancient Behemoths will crash them nonetheless. :) And remember how far cheper AB is than...
by Boromir
07 Apr 2006, 13:32
Topic: Your Favorite 7th lvl creature
Replies: 59
Views: 31411

That's right, Ancient Behemoth defeats every other level 7th creature in hand-to-hand combat. In a "duel", however, he loses against Titan, because the second one is a shooter. Ancient Behemoth is the very best unit from the tactical point of view, especially in case of huge maps. Why? It'...
by Boromir
06 Apr 2006, 18:36
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Collector Edition
Replies: 24
Views: 10979

I wonder if anyone tried to read the creature statistics from this picture. It's quite difficult, but some are quite clear. It seems that Emerald Dragon has 14 initiative now, Colossus has 175 hit points and Titan 190. It's very difficult to read Angel's and Archangel's HPs, but am I right that it i...
by Boromir
04 Apr 2006, 19:58
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes V Music for Download
Replies: 33
Views: 11525

Great piece of music. The Haven main theme is my favourite. :)
by Boromir
31 Mar 2006, 09:14
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Stats Revisions
Views: 12822

The -2 initiative special ability is, IMHO, too powerful. Along with Shadow Dragon's growth rate at 3, its very low cost and incorporeal ability, this makes it the best level 7 unit in the game (from a tactical point of view). Just remember that some units have initiative at the level of 8 (not 10 -...
by Boromir
27 Mar 2006, 12:58
Topic: H3: Favourite 6th level troops
Replies: 35
Views: 17992

I voted for Dread Knights. Naga Queens are probably a bit better, but I don't like the nagas' look in HoMM3 - the "Egyptian" type in HoMM4 looks better. And Dread Knights look really terryfying - my second most favourite necro creature after Power Liches. ;)
by Boromir
24 Mar 2006, 09:59

Well, my aim was not to tell you you're wrong, but just to encourage you to try to get the beta version and play a bit, as even the wisest man cannot be 100% right in his thoughts if he didn't play the game himself. As I wrote before, I agree with 90% of your thoughts. ;) And by the way: yes, this i...
by Boromir
23 Mar 2006, 14:54

Yes, I was beta-testing a lot, a few hot-seat games and lots of duels, particularly with Dungeon, where I lost only once against Inferno and never lost against other factions (not including Dungeon itself) - particularly smashing the Academy was a piece of cake. :) The "dragon-charge" stra...
by Boromir
22 Mar 2006, 08:14

Yes, there's a lot of though given to this and I agree with 90% of this (including Titanus's reply to my last post ;)). However, I think still some points are missed. The point is, that it is difficult to compare creatures only by their statistics. One should play a lot with the unit to know exactly...
by Boromir
20 Mar 2006, 16:27
Topic: Polish to English ( H 3 )
Replies: 6
Views: 5278

Ururam Tururam wrote:That's strange...
I have no problems reading texts in Polish!
Funny, me too. :D
by Boromir
19 Mar 2006, 15:50
Topic: Love/Hate Inferno
Replies: 18
Views: 9350

I like the Inferno in H5, especially because of the graphics. In contrast to H3, where all Inferno units were more or less humanoids, here every demon is unique. And the town graphics is awesome. :)
by Boromir
11 Mar 2006, 10:15

In many cases I do not agree with you. It is obvious that you've given a lot of thought to this, but what you suggest is in many cases making all the creatures more or less the same in terms of stats. For example: you suggest that gorgoyles' damage should be increased, blood witches defense should b...
by Boromir
10 Mar 2006, 12:50
Topic: Your favorite lvl 5 creature
Replies: 38
Views: 23966

I voted for liches. Not because I think they are stronger than others (in fact they are not; gorgons and minotaurs are far stronger), but simply because they look great and I love them. :) I don't quite get the idea of voting for the creature "because it is the strongest one" or "beca...
by Boromir
02 Mar 2006, 08:51
Forum: News
Topic: The Behemoth's Lair Reopens
Replies: 3
Views: 2211

It's great to see Behemoth's Lair once again!
And now the same in Polish:
Świetnie, że znów możemy zobaczyć Jaskinię Behemota!
:)
by Boromir
02 Mar 2006, 08:49
Forum: Campfire
Topic: TV shows (Spoilers!)
Replies: 1438
Views: 262190

It seems that all of us enjoy the 'Lost' series. :) Here, in Poland, the second season has begun several weeks ago. When I try to think of a show which I enjoyed more, just one comes to my mind: Monty Python's Flying Circus - but that's a bit different, isn't it? ;) And, coming back to Lost: my favo...
by Boromir
26 Feb 2006, 09:42
Topic: Heroes III VS Heroes IV
Replies: 152
Views: 59162

My bad. I guess I neglected to read that part of the manual. (...) the AI IS one of the most important aspects of a computer game (...) My bad. I guess I neglected to read that part of the manual. I wonder, if you can just accept that one can have a different opinion than you? I played H3 a lot and...
by Boromir
25 Feb 2006, 19:10

Problem is that H4 can still be an enjoyable MP game, while you can't use a bad-tasting pizza for anything. Thus, the analogy is flawed. Exactly, multiplayer mode is the heart of the game. What's more, yes, AI is worse than in HoMM3 still not terrible to such an extent that playing was only time-wa...
by Boromir
25 Feb 2006, 13:05

Definitely Heroes 4. IMHO, better in every aspect (except for AI), with only some details worse. Heh - that's like saying Restaurant A's pizza is better than Restaurant B's in every aspect (except for the taste), with only some details worse. There's absolutely no sense in this comparison, because ...
by Boromir
24 Feb 2006, 09:00

Definitely Heroes 4. IMHO, better in every aspect (except for AI), with only some details worse.

Go to advanced search