Search found 44 matches

by Hambone
13 Aug 2006, 18:48
Forum: News
Topic: Looking Back at the Reviews
Replies: 20
Views: 7672

Looking Back at the Reviews

As I almost exclusively play solo in what passes in this game for the non-campagin "sandbox mode", I frankly am finding HOMMV a little tedious to play against the AI. Ubi should give up making maps and spend more time making the engine accessible by the homebrew community. Anyway, most of ...
by Hambone
06 Jul 2006, 01:35
Topic: OSX Update
Replies: 6
Views: 2911

OSX Update

Look what I have brought you oh wretched peasants of the HOMMiverse! Good tidings from <a href="http://www.freeverse.com">Freeverse</a>, our noble lord of the OSX port! Rejoice and be humble! From on high Vice President Colin Smith has spoken, and he's given we mortals much to ponder. Of g...
by Hambone
07 Jun 2006, 18:11
Topic: Heroes V #3 in the US
Replies: 8
Views: 3153

Heroes V #3 in the US

Now, if they had waited to polish the thing up for another two months, they might have actually expanded the franchise instead of just selling to the established fanbase. As far as I can tell from most internet discussion groups, the game isn't attracting many new players. You can expect that HOMMV ...
by Hambone
06 Jun 2006, 15:32
Topic: New Map: The Quest of Sir Markus
Replies: 12
Views: 4514

New Map: The Quest of Sir Markus

I think it shows the marvels of what a good game can do for the lifespan of a game.
by Hambone
02 Jun 2006, 05:51
Topic: More Eights, and a Beating
Replies: 19
Views: 6468

More Eights, and a Beating

This is the first decent review of HOMMV that I have read in the mainstream game media. It's only fault is that it isn't longer!
by Hambone
30 May 2006, 14:05
Topic: Heroes 5 Cheats Discovered!
Replies: 30
Views: 45835

thanks a lot for this info! its fun to pay HOMM in "sandbox" mode where you can explore all facets of the game quickly and easily. its usually more fun to mess around with the software than most games themselves. ;)
by Hambone
30 May 2006, 02:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Week of...
Replies: 28
Views: 6647

Instead of weeks,random events would be way better.Every day,there could be a chance(lets say 10%)for a random event.Something like lossing half the gold to thiefs,riot in a certain town preventing building for that day,better training gives more recruits,etc. i disagree. the fun thing about "...
by Hambone
30 May 2006, 01:55
Topic: Week of...
Replies: 28
Views: 6647

Instead of weeks,random events would be way better.Every day,there could be a chance(lets say 10%)for a random event.Something like lossing half the gold to thiefs,riot in a certain town preventing building for that day,better training gives more recruits,etc. i disagree. the fun thing about "...
by Hambone
24 May 2006, 18:51
Topic: OSX Port Updates
Replies: 3
Views: 1734

OSX Port Updates

As HOMMV stuffs the greedy, hungry maws of PC gamers everywhere, Mac users are still out in the rain with their noses pressed up against the glass begging for scraps. But since the PC code has gone gold, <a href="http://www.freeverse.com">Freeverse Software</a> has made some progress on th...
by Hambone
23 May 2006, 03:54
Topic: Could someone please tell me if the AI cheats on Normal?
Replies: 12
Views: 4804

frankly i dont mind if the AI gets resource bonuses so long as they present a steady challenge, with a relatively fair degree of balance, and are obligated to achieve the same objectives as the human player and in the same way (for example, taking time to check resources, explore the map, collecting...
by Hambone
28 Apr 2006, 22:11
Topic: HOMMV Invades the MacIntels
Replies: 4
Views: 2196

HOMMV Invades the MacIntels

Great point Malicen. What I was wondering is how Steve Jobs would look with long blonde hair?! OMG HAWT.
by Hambone
28 Apr 2006, 07:43
Topic: HOMMV Invades the MacIntels
Views: 2196

HOMMV Invades the MacIntels

Hail and well met! Hambone here reporting from the trenches -- or should I say BootCamp? I'll be providing the readers of CelestialHeavens.com with a twice-monthly digest on the HOMM franchise from the frontlines of the new reality in Apple computing: the ability to run both OSX and WinXP on the sam...
by Hambone
27 Apr 2006, 23:59
Topic: Heroes V: A Gamble?
Replies: 11
Views: 5052

it is important to differentiate "luck" (which is purely random) from "probability". the ironic thing about your concern is that the combat events you mention are based on probabilities rather than pure chance. and so as probabilties, you should be taking them into account in you...
by Hambone
17 Apr 2006, 06:03
Topic: Heroes in combat charge attacks enemies behind walls..
Replies: 49
Views: 16929

perhaps the hero should only be able to charge a piece of wall until it collapses, and then have the chance to charge into the castle itself. this would still offer charging heros a castle combat benefit, and maintain some semblance of logic.
by Hambone
12 Apr 2006, 07:36
Topic: Heroes V 0.8 Preview
Replies: 13
Views: 4024

Heroes V 0.8 Preview

hmmm... this bodes well for my new purchase... MacBook Pro 1.85GHz dual-core with 1GB RAM and the ATi 128MB x1600 with WinXP / OSX dual-boot... :D

you can't know how incredible it feels as a Mac gamer to walk into any games shop and just buy as many games as you want right off the shelf.
by Hambone
09 Apr 2006, 19:30
Topic: Freeverse at Boot Camp
Views: 3013

Freeverse at Boot Camp

sort of hard to say who is getting screwed really. the "hardcore" love the choice to boot into windows of course, and to be totally honest, paying an extra $100 for an OEM copy of Windows is a fairly low entry price to play a whole new world of games (compared to what other people spend to...
by Hambone
08 Apr 2006, 17:52

Freeverse at Boot Camp

Of course, there is no question that Mac gamers would prefer an OSX port, but there is also no question that the HOMMV Mac port will lose sales to the XP version. This is exasperated by the fact that the PC version will come out months before the Mac version, the fact that "Deluxe" and &qu...
by Hambone
08 Apr 2006, 00:31

Freeverse at Boot Camp

To respond to Corribus: Mac users don't want to turn their Macs into PCs, we just want to play games! Unfortunately, most of those games are only produced for PC because of economies of scale. There is a big difference between choosing to "transform your Mac into a PC" and having to. To re...
by Hambone
04 Mar 2006, 17:00
Forum: Articles
Topic: On the Aesthetics of the Adventure Map
Replies: 7
Views: 4263

On the Aesthetics of the Adventure Map

great piece -- i really enjoyed reading it.
by Hambone
25 Jan 2006, 18:30
Topic: HOMM•V for OSX Community Site
Views: 4244

Interview with Freeverse

HOMM•V for OSX (http://hommv.utopos.net) is proud to present the first interview with Bruce Morrison and Colin Smith of Freeverse since they announced the Mac port. Bruce and Colin discuss how the port deal came about, who takes out the trash at Freeverse HQ, and reveal a love of all things HOMM str...

Go to advanced search