Search found 302 matches

by DaveO
06 Dec 2008, 12:10
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Hmm dragon qeastion
Replies: 13
Views: 4197

I voted yes since you could just make a dragon hybrid or something. Then it can't use the fire attack often. Or you could just give it only the Dragon Fire Blast ability and not its normal attack. That would rebalance the character enough for me.
by DaveO
29 Nov 2008, 11:58
Topic: New Sorpigal with Source
Replies: 24
Views: 7559

I voted no mainly since I'm not convinced Source could handle more than a few monsters at a time. The M&M series has been known for hordes of monsters from MM1 to MM8.
by DaveO
22 Nov 2008, 20:42
Topic: Is the "Flute Quest" real or what???
Replies: 12
Views: 17776

No, the GWF had nothing to do with any terrorist attack on the USA.

I was the primary person running the GWF site, and things were pretty much dying down for participation. The 9/11 attacks were just the final nail in the coffin to my work on the site for me.
by DaveO
22 Nov 2008, 13:57
Topic: Is the "Flute Quest" real or what???
Views: 17776

After my direct involvement with the Lord Brinne tribute in MM8, the GWF lasted a while until around 2001. I stopped my direct involvement with the site after the 9/11 attack.
by DaveO
16 Nov 2008, 15:35
Topic: [QUESTIONS] Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen
Replies: 2
Views: 2334

About the only thing I can think of with Hart is to eliminate all of the monsters, with those sprites causing the Stone condition being often overlooked. As far as Impery goes, I can't recall anything specifically. You really don't get much for money or gems by going thru the game from my recollecti...
by DaveO
03 Oct 2008, 11:42
Topic: MM 1-5 on DOSBOX
Replies: 9
Views: 3640

Vector is right, just mount the directory where you installed the M&M classics. Configure sound and graphics to your preferences, although I know there is an option for the best music experience you'll have.
by DaveO
02 Oct 2008, 11:02
Topic: MM 1-5 on DOSBOX
Replies: 9
Views: 3640

Mount i i:\ -t cdrom. My I drive was my cdrom that I used to play another game that needed access to it.
by DaveO
26 Sep 2008, 10:49
Topic: Might and Magic 8 music problem!
Replies: 8
Views: 7574

You should not have to go thru adding the Sounds folder. I don't have it for MM8, and my music works fine. I'm thinking it's something else, and expect the Miles sound files to be the culprit. Below is something I copied directly from the Troubleshooting section of the Readme. Although that section ...
by DaveO
30 Aug 2008, 15:46
Topic: cant get m&m 7 or 8 to run
Replies: 5
Views: 3224

I found the latest Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit at the below link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=24DA89E9-B581-47B0-B45E-492DD6DA2971&displaylang=en It says it's supposed to be able to run on XP. If the link does not work, a search at Microsoft.com shoul...
by DaveO
25 Aug 2008, 10:10
Topic: MM VI - Problems
Views: 3595

Nope, that's correct. The Seer is the trigger to activate all the shrines. Still, he has some strange stuff going on so I think he's going to be stuck with the uninstall/reinstall option.
by DaveO
24 Aug 2008, 23:32

The AI is a little better in MM7 in my opinion, but MM8 is so unbalanced that it's too easy to get powerful characters early in the game. And don't even get me started on Dragons in MM8... What patch are you running in MM6? If you have version 1.2, it is the only one I can seriously recommend. Mok's...
by DaveO
24 Aug 2008, 23:24
Topic: Musing/Rant on the future
Views: 4340

The first rule of any game studio is to establish your brand first, and then start taking risks. Both Ironlore and especially Flagship Studios forgot this lesson and look at the results: both are out of business. The risks of the RPG market is EXACTLY why everything is pretty much action RPG with fe...
by DaveO
24 Aug 2008, 23:17

Unfortunately, there is no way to update the AI that I know of. It may be fixed if any of those modders do anything for MM6.
by DaveO
24 Aug 2008, 23:15
Topic: Installing MM3, 4, and 5
Replies: 1
Views: 1245

Try just copying the files and then run each install individually. That should do the trick.
by DaveO
02 Aug 2008, 12:03
Topic: Musing/Rant on the future
Views: 4340

Here are the primary challenges for Ubi making a MMX... 1. Game development takes $20 million or more just to release a title 2. Single player RPGs are a dead genre that no company has released a title for in a LONG time. Action RPGs do NOT count 3. Fan base is practically nonexistent and has long a...
by DaveO
13 Jul 2008, 12:32
Topic: Favorite Monster of Might and Magic
Replies: 34
Views: 12941

I'm surprised that there has been no mention of the really memorable monsters.

The most memorable for me will always be the Megadragon. Honorable mentions go to the MM3 Terminators, and the various Golems in Xeen.
by DaveO
02 Jul 2008, 02:47
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Diablo III
Replies: 442
Views: 130316

I wasn't impressed with Diablo 3 stuff, since it seemed more like Diablo 2.5 with an evolution and not a revolution like the difference between Diablo and Diablo 2. Even with the announcement, all the fanboys have to wait 3-6 years before release...
by DaveO
10 May 2008, 00:27
Topic: Weird thing in MM games
Replies: 1
Views: 1412

I don't know why the 'accelerated' mode is worse in comparison to software mode. But M&M never really was a graphics oriented type of series.
by DaveO
29 Apr 2008, 01:07
Topic: Sound problems in MM7
Views: 7558

Disc reading issues may be fixed by firmware upgrades of the drive. The manufacturer may have an update. I hope to see those Blu-Ray drives come to the market soon since they seem to be a LOT more durable than CDs/DVDs are and can store quite a bit of data.
by DaveO
26 Apr 2008, 03:21
Topic: Sound problems in MM7
Views: 7558

If the update is the only change that has been done, have you tried using System Restore if you have Windows XP? Perhaps there may be some details on what the update did if it was from Microsoft. Or you could try a search on their site for it.

Go to advanced search