Search found 302 matches

by DaveO
29 Mar 2010, 00:03
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Your thoughts on M&M 8 and 9
Replies: 34
Views: 11618

I like to start the bounty quests almost from the beginning. It certainly offers an opportunity to be profitable, and the last reward provides very good experience for any party members. Doing the bounties, quests, and ridding each area of enemies(except the starting island) will certainly keep you ...
by DaveO
24 Mar 2010, 13:52
Topic: Your thoughts on M&M 8 and 9
Replies: 34
Views: 11618

I'll ignore the part where you admitted you pirated the game. :devil: In regards to MM8, I've played thru it multiple times and I think if you avoid the balance issues mentioned it's still an OK. I'll be posting an MM8 character creation video soon where I'll discuss the game a bit and have a planne...
by DaveO
20 Mar 2010, 19:50
Topic: Equipment with useless specials
Replies: 15
Views: 5412

Anything with a bonus to Diplomacy(unless you're using the BDJ Chaos Conspiracy mod).
by DaveO
19 Mar 2010, 16:33
Topic: Might and Magic Fan!
Replies: 36
Views: 8441

I'm sure I'll catch flak for saying this, but Might & Magic needs to stay dead as an RPG series. The reason I'm saying this is due to the fact that nobody has a budget besides Bethesda or possibly Stardock to take the time to make a return worth the effort. The emphasis is now on very high end g...
by DaveO
30 Jan 2010, 03:22
Topic: Lookin' for a new home ...
Replies: 17
Views: 6348

Have you tried working with the TELP Taverns? Working with any other site bears the risk of it going out of action. I wish I could help, but I reached the limit for size on my Web page a long time ago.
by DaveO
09 Dec 2009, 03:15
Topic: Crusaders of M&M - worth play?
Replies: 16
Views: 4790

HodgePodge hated this game. I can't think of a real reason to buy it unless there is absolutely nothing else worth playing(and even then, a replay of a classic would likely be a much better choice).
by DaveO
09 Nov 2009, 12:01
Topic: Imagine your perfect M&M game
Replies: 42
Views: 11132

Let's look at the reality for a moment before asking for a new M&M title. There are RPGs out there that are quite good for graphics and gameplay. I don't see how M&M could compete with them in it's M&M 6-8 state. Let's not forget that Diablo 3 is in progress, so I think it's very smart t...
by DaveO
05 Sep 2009, 00:50
Topic: GoG release of MM6 Limited Edition
Replies: 1
Views: 1276

Ok, I got confirmation that the GoG version is 1.2, but it still may need the Mok patch to truly fix. Version 1.2 of MM6 introduces door bugs in the dungeons of Castle Kriegspire and one other place.
by DaveO
04 Sep 2009, 01:52
Topic: GoG release of MM6 Limited Edition
Replies: 1
Views: 1276

GoG release of MM6 Limited Edition

It's the Limited Edition, which needs its own special patching procedure. Check the MM6.EXE file to determine if it's version 1.0 before patching. See my site at http://members.cox.net/dave.caspermeyer/ for the 1.1 to 1.2 upgrades(if you want them) and please follow the recommended patching. I check...
by DaveO
27 Jun 2009, 01:47
Topic: Error while loading saved game in MM6
Replies: 8
Views: 3287

I did some digging on the error, and it was reported but not solved on IGN's boards. So, more investigation revealed the possible culprit. Assertion Failed is usually caused by a corrupt registry entry. The most common reason is caused when new programs are installed over all old ones that are not c...
by DaveO
14 May 2009, 11:47
Topic: New "Might and Magic" annouced.
Replies: 11
Views: 5253

The 3DO-ization begins. That sure did not take long. Coming soon, 'Crusaders of HoMM, Legends of HoMM, Army Men of HoMM, etc'.
by DaveO
18 Apr 2009, 18:31
Topic: Solo games in Might and Magic games
Replies: 28
Views: 37606

I did a few solo runs in MM8, since it was the one that seemed quickest to do those runs. I did Minotaur, Troll, and Cleric solo runs. I can't recall any others, and I doubt I'll feel in a replay mood for the series any time soon.
by DaveO
28 Mar 2009, 08:56
Topic: Did I just get tricked??
Replies: 27
Views: 6744

I don't see why not. Otherwise, Amazon is losing money on a potential transaction.
by DaveO
26 Mar 2009, 03:26

It's my fault for reading too much into the initial post. I'm staying out of any buyer/seller dispute.
by DaveO
25 Mar 2009, 11:48

Yes, you should have gotten a cloth map. I'm sorry that you got robbed for what you should have received. I just hope you did not pay too much for what you got, although it's hard to top $10 at a swap meet a long time ago.
by DaveO
25 Mar 2009, 00:51

Pulls out my copy of the Limited Edition and...

One cloth map of Enroth, but the other ones are photo paper. You should also have a mini strategy guide for MM6, and the CD should have a holograph quality dragon on the top.
by DaveO
19 Feb 2009, 13:23
Topic: LOOK HERE!
Replies: 4
Views: 2025

I have a spare MM6 CD for what it's worth...
by DaveO
19 Feb 2009, 13:20
Topic: Cant get mm7 to run. Tried all guides i know of!
Replies: 10
Views: 5365

Try running just the executable file(mm7.exe) without compatibility. I wonder if the setup program is causing issues.
by DaveO
06 Feb 2009, 03:10
Topic: MM6 help Transfering Savegames
Replies: 16
Views: 8622

All save files should be in the Saves folder. IIRC, a new Saves folder is created once a new party is created. Just copy the files from the Saves folder onto your new machine, and you should be good to go. Let us know if you still have problems. Your hopefully helpful Minotaur.
by DaveO
07 Dec 2008, 15:46
Topic: MM6 Charecter question
Replies: 8
Views: 3125

Nope, I just checked my Prima guide. No gender or class discrimination with items there.

Go to advanced search