Search found 302 matches

by DaveO
05 Apr 2006, 00:09
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Patch/(es?) for mm7 (xp)
Replies: 5
Views: 4875

I happen to have the patches as well on my Web site. The address is at http://members.cox.net/dave.caspermeyer/ and I have some resources for the older M&M games as well(at least MM3 thru the Xeen games).
by DaveO
04 Apr 2006, 20:31
Forum: Campfire
Topic: So what type are you then
Replies: 21
Views: 12433

I usually play a ranged bow-using character, though I tend to play characters with at least some magic capability. Pure fighters tend to get a bit too bland and boring. :devil:
by DaveO
04 Apr 2006, 20:28
Topic: Might and magic: Dark Messiah, better than earlier titles?
Replies: 22
Views: 13753

I expect Dark Messiah to be the equivalent of 3DO's release of Crusaders of M&M. I would *hope* that the title is far better than 3DO's action release, but there are no guarantees. It's always possible that Dark Messiah might be a Rune type of hack and slash game or possibly Rune+Arx Fatalis.
by DaveO
04 Apr 2006, 20:19
Topic: Flying controls on laptop in mm6
Replies: 18
Views: 15220

I pointed Pitsu to a different M&M board where I've been a regular participant for years. I'll let him make the decision of whether the flying controls are a piracy concern or not. P.S. - To Pitsu: I never was a moderator on any message board. The closest I came was being considered for the old ...
by DaveO
02 Apr 2006, 01:32
Topic: Flying controls on laptop in mm6
Replies: 18
Views: 15220

This is a common pirate copy question. I would appreciate that further posts with this question being ignored and not replied to.
by DaveO
02 Apr 2006, 01:06
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: my grandson wants me to play online help
Replies: 11
Views: 6626

There are RPG games out that offer multiplayer capability. Unfortunately a good percentage of those are the action oriented RPG-lite titles. I do know that the Baldur's Gate series and possibly Icewind Dale series offer multiplayer. The most recent RPG title I can think of with many options for mult...
by DaveO
28 Mar 2006, 17:31
Topic: What spells do you use in Might and Magic?
Replies: 30
Views: 16691

It depends on which M&M games you're referring to. For MM3 thru MM5, Mega Volts and Incinerate are good against tough monsters. Dancing Sword, Implosion, Fiery Flail were good single monster spells. Jump has been in MM3 up to MM8. Shrapmetal was in Xeen, but a very weak spell compared to MM6 thr...
by DaveO
28 Mar 2006, 17:13
Topic: Oblivion- Bane or boon to M&M
Replies: 7
Views: 5840

Oblivion may be a different RPG than the M&M series, but I was only trying to post possible outcomes due to Oblivion's sales or popularity. Imitation is a form of flattery oft-repeated with RPG designs.
by DaveO
26 Mar 2006, 14:19
Topic: Oblivion- Bane or boon to M&M
Replies: 7
Views: 5840

Oblivion- Bane or boon to M&M

I thought I'd post some possible outcomes from Oblivion's release that may influence the next Might and Magic game if Ubisoft decides to produce it. Possible bane effects: 1. System requirements go thru the roof compared to previous M&M titles and force many to upgrade or pass on the title. 2. G...
by DaveO
16 Mar 2006, 00:49
Topic: Which M&M do you like best?
Replies: 48
Views: 28401

I'll post my vote for Worlds of Xeen. The ending is still in the top 10 as far as RPGs go that I've played. There is another ending of the game that's pretty nifty, and the intro is pretty good. Of course, this was back in the days when inventory space mattered, games were released fairly bug-free, ...
by DaveO
16 Mar 2006, 00:38
Topic: Swords of Xeen
Views: 6874

I'll admit that Swords of Xeen is by far the hardest Might and Magic title I played to completion. Unfortunately, you can tell the title was not professionally designed due to bugs, map balance issues, and other design flaws. It's a passable title, but don't expect the same thing compared to MM3 and...
by DaveO
16 Mar 2006, 00:32
Topic: Will MM3,4 and 5 play on XP ???
Views: 5113

XP for the older M&M games

I've been able to run MM3 and Xeen using Dosbox without problems. If you're wanting to purchase the games that much, don't let your fears overrule your decision. Expect to spend a month or two on MM3 and Xeen at a minimum.
by DaveO
15 Mar 2006, 09:34
Topic: Might and Magic 3 HELP
Replies: 14
Views: 9244

So by the replies, I'm guessing the original poster got what they needed. So if somebody posts a question on how to fly in MM6, you're going to answer them too? I await your reply...
by DaveO
14 Mar 2006, 16:58

The .pdf file is for copy protection. Helping people thru areas of the game is not the same thing as providing a way to play the game. Sure it's an old game, but nobody has the right to make it easier for people to get past the copy protection. Until Ubisoft publishes a notice saying that the older ...
by DaveO
14 Mar 2006, 05:15

MM3 keywords

I think the original poster needs to find the .pdf file themselves. If it's a legitimate copy of MM3, the CD will have the necessary file for copy protection. I'd recommend that nobody email, pm, or thru other means supply the poster with this information. My reason for my request is to keep this fo...
by DaveO
28 Feb 2006, 04:19
Topic: jeweled egg!
Views: 11578

I definitely don't promote or advertise my Web page. It has been a LONG time since I updated it. I know I'm limited on space for the site, but I should have enough space to add MM3 and Xeen map coordinates. I was thinking of adding the Eternal Dagger manual, but it's a VERY old 8-bit game. The only ...
by DaveO
18 Feb 2006, 01:13
Topic: World of Xeen Party
Replies: 6
Views: 8975

I remember the different choices having different resistances. They also had certain benefits and drawbacks. I'm pretty certain that http://www.rpgclassics.com/ has information on the different characters, classes and professions. It should be a good resource on picking the characters.
by DaveO
18 Feb 2006, 01:10

I apologize if I hurt your feelings in pointing out that version 1.2 had the bugs on the Jeweled Egg and the other area. I'll wait to see if there is any reason to host the version 1.1 .EXE file on my site. I'm waiting to hear if Mok's patch 'breaks' another area of the game. If I don't hear anythin...
by DaveO
11 Feb 2006, 01:47

Actually the Kriegspire door and the dungeon with the doors you open using the spacebar(I forget the map name since it's been too long since I've played) got bugged in version 1.2 and NOT 1.1. It's why I still offer the 1.1 .EXE file on my Web page.
by DaveO
01 Feb 2006, 03:20
Topic: CRPGs need a new MnM game!
Replies: 15
Views: 12447

All I was trying to say is that there are many different designs available for RPGs. Just because one formula is currently dominating the market does not make it the only formula worth pursuing. Game creation nowadays is all about getting money. One dominant formula will encourage others to copycat,...

Go to advanced search