Search found 124 matches

by Siegfried
26 Apr 2007, 16:06
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Question about some hidden objects
Replies: 20
Views: 5615

Exactly. Could be extremely useful in campaigns where the caryyover hero gets rewarded with such a flag for passing optional sidequests and carry those flags to the next scenario. So in the next scenario you would have a chance to check which of the optional sidequests the hero passed in the previou...
by Siegfried
26 Apr 2007, 15:30

No, you can't pick them up, but if you want to use them as luck or morale modifiers you can script that. You can also increase a hero's attributes or whatever you like. Yes, i know. But that is not very useful. Using these flags as morale boosters (as stated in the help text of those flags) would b...
by Siegfried
26 Apr 2007, 12:53

If you use individual variables for every flag you've placed on your map, you can have total control over what happens when a player 'picks up' a flag. Exactly that is not possible. These flags can't be picked up. You could blow them by script, but still then they would not appear in the heroes bac...
by Siegfried
26 Apr 2007, 12:10
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Do you want to help the project?
Replies: 61
Views: 102512

Hi, if necessary i could help in translating to german, but only english to german, for i don't know russian. I'm also very experienced in C (about 30 years experience in that), C++, HTML, XML, XSL and some other things, but unfortunately do not have much time. So it probably would not be of great u...
by Siegfried
26 Apr 2007, 10:22
Topic: Ideas for next mods
Replies: 395
Views: 143099

hidden objects

Hi, one more thing i'd urgently recommend: There are some "hidden" objects in H4. They are already there, but some of them do not have any function. Please bring them to function. Mainly these are: A 2-waggon quest hut. Simply make it an usable quest hut 6 "victory flags", one in...
by Siegfried
26 Apr 2007, 05:58

Good to know :)
by Siegfried
25 Apr 2007, 18:20

Ah, i see. Like this the flag would just be a visible marker for the invisible event. Hmmm, not ideal, but in some cases may be useful. BTW, i just tested all those objects. Some of them do indeed have a function. The tome is converted randomly to some tome of whatever, the staff is converted to som...
by Siegfried
25 Apr 2007, 17:12

@Robenhagen: Thanks, I'll try. @Vlaad: That is not a real alternative. O.k., you could possibly remove those flags by script, placing a bomb on it. That removing could be scripted. But it seems not to be possible to check per script if there is any of those flags on the map. At least i don't know ho...
by Siegfried
25 Apr 2007, 15:55

O.k., i just made a test. The object is not pickable. Hovering with the cursor shows the interactivity curser, but no interactivity is possible. Right-clicking on it gives a help message saying something like "This flag raises your morale as long at it is standing". Now there are as many f...
by Siegfried
25 Apr 2007, 12:17

Thanks so far. As far as i do recall there is no option in scripts to do anything with that. But there is, i think, an option to check f.ex. for the Gryphonhearts sword, which is iamong these hidden objects, too, so may be some way... If not, it would be nice if Equilibris mods them to be pickable A...
by Siegfried
25 Apr 2007, 10:02

Question about some hidden objects

Hi, within the hidden objects there are some items, i think they are called "victory flags". They look like artifacts. The question now is: Can they be used like artifacts? Can a hero pick them up? Can i give them to a hero by script? Can i take them from a hero by script? Is it possible t...
by Siegfried
25 Apr 2007, 05:36
Topic: Heroes Of Might and Magic 4? what the hell was that?
Replies: 49
Views: 12357

Or as nature I like dragon+giant strenght on phoenixies with guardian angel - 660 hp phoenixies are something fearsome, mainly if 4 will be ressurected in time:). (as I like it on mantises:)) Hmmm, i already thought of trying this (but on a hero). Do dragon strength and giant strength stack? The re...
by Siegfried
24 Apr 2007, 13:31
Topic: New Faction?
Replies: 58
Views: 31387

So give them some lvl of magic immune, good growth and maybe some building with low lvl spells and thats all. Mostly agreed, except the spell building. Instead of the magic guild they have that magic damper. And that's o.k. Exactly because of that it would be a good idea to give a carefully chosen ...
by Siegfried
24 Apr 2007, 13:22

Dragon Strength = IMBA. and I would not cast it on the behemoths but on the hero... and it gg. Ogre magi shoud NOT have such powerful spells. giant strength ok, maybe... but to give a 3rd level creature a 5th level spell... that's way too much. On strong (high level) barbarian heroes this would ind...
by Siegfried
24 Apr 2007, 13:14

The problem with that is that anti-magic will nullify any beneficial spells as well. Perhaps you were thinking of the magic resistance spell, which only offers a 50% resistance? Indeed? Didn't know that. I thought i had tried it once on a hero and it worked. It prevents beneficial spells as well, t...
by Siegfried
24 Apr 2007, 06:25

A simple (not mass) exorcism spell by still limited spellpoints would be nice and adequate. Spell point draining does not fit well to might. This fits better to necropolis. But making spells cost more could fit. The most important thing would be the general magic resistance of might creatures. But i...
by Siegfried
24 Apr 2007, 06:12
Topic: Heroes Of Might and Magic 4? what the hell was that?
Replies: 49
Views: 12357

The graphics are better in H4. At least most of the graphics. The underground was better in H3. But graphics is a secondary point. The most important point is gameplay. And here H4 is better than H3. It still has some quirks, but it is quite good. I like H3 very much, and most of all WoG. But in som...
by Siegfried
23 Apr 2007, 19:50

They are good rushers. But as the armies get big, barbarians lose their power and mages become much stronger. That's it. To compensate for that they have better creature growth and the magic dumper (increasing magic resistance). Could be still better. The magic guilds are upgradable 4 times. Would ...
by Siegfried
22 Apr 2007, 17:33
Topic: Equilibris and OS-specific issues
Replies: 19
Views: 17569

wine

Equilibris runs quite good on Linux/Wine. For performance you have to do a console login and manually start the X-Server for 16 bit colour mode: startx -- -depth 16 If not H4 is way too slow, even the music most time hangs. But in 16 bit colour mode no problem. Only the intro stumbles from time to t...
by Siegfried
22 Apr 2007, 17:26
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Problem creating first map
Replies: 24
Views: 6603

Pol wrote: It still not allows you to change the hero portrait on these which were already modified?
Yes, still impossible. I tried, both your version and the "map" with all the necro heroes.

BTW, i kept most of your text changes. With one exception better than mine :)

Go to advanced search