Search found 177 matches

by omegaweix
20 Sep 2006, 13:39
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: mod for a mod (please help)
Replies: 9
Views: 6204

Thanks Marzhin, this did the trick, it really was a pak.rar type.... corrected this but....

now the game won't start anymore (when the neutrals.pak file is in the data folder)...

....another problem or could this mod be incompatible with 1.3?
A pity if it was :(
by omegaweix
20 Sep 2006, 11:43

Strange. Are you sure you didn't rename it ".pak.zip" (could happen if the extensions are hidden in Windows)... It's normal that a pak file bahave like a zip file (I can unpack them with Winrar too) Hmmm, I'm rather sure that it's only a .pak now... silly question, where could i disable h...
by omegaweix
20 Sep 2006, 10:30

Aaaaaaalright, so patch 1.3 is out and i tried to update the mod myself this time... ....i renamed the .pak to .zip, opened the file and chanded/undid something then zipped it again... ....my problem is.... after renaming the .zip to .pak again it still "behaves" like a .zip file (so the f...
by omegaweix
05 Sep 2006, 11:08
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Where's the Map Editor
Replies: 56
Views: 13737

Judging since when these files were available on elrath.com why did no one here on HRT or CH inform us? To discourage people from trying it? Or not to lose the benevolent attitute from Ubi/Nival towards this site(s)? Beeecause for people who waited sooooo bl***y long for the editor, this possible tr...
by omegaweix
03 Sep 2006, 13:29
Topic: Where's the Map Editor
Replies: 56
Views: 13737

Re: Warper of Nival

I have recently contacted warper who is a moderator of the Nival forums site, he has assured me that the map editor along with the 1.3 patch is in it's final testing stages and that it will be released sometime in September. Sometime in September? Damn, i caught myself (again) hoping that the godam...
by omegaweix
02 Sep 2006, 10:34
Topic: We want nagas,but how?
Replies: 48
Views: 12654

I would prefer a whole race of them (in a swamp town) in the 2nd expansion....
.... with a Naga on level 7 looking like those in H3 (maybe Naga princess/queen?... as tier 7 the "queen" suffix would finally make sense)...

...Medusas and stuff would better fit as a shooter IMHO
by omegaweix
02 Sep 2006, 08:13
Topic: Expansion HOMM 5
Replies: 525
Views: 134677

theres no chimera that i know of except in a creature listing that was supposedly leaked from ubi but actually had all the wrong creatures. Oh i see, didn't have internet access for nearly two weeks so i rather rushingly scanned over the new infos and posts... and why would you want mountain goats?...
by omegaweix
01 Sep 2006, 17:38

Oh my goodness... I've only been off the forums for one and a half week (silently hoped the editor was launched meanwhile but...nah) and the white snowy hell broke loose! amazing! I was 99,998% sure that a dwarven theme would never be able to please me (cause i dislike dwarves in nearly every fantas...
by omegaweix
23 Aug 2006, 18:22
Forum: News
Topic: Nival Answers, Episode IV: A New Hope
Replies: 90
Views: 41428

Re: Nival Answers, Episode IV: A New Hope

Positive information in this post: -The map editor does exist and may be released..... sometimes! The rest rather sounds like "We have no time/ressources and/or simply don't want to" .... I could have done without this! Negative information contained: the Skill Wheel won't be placed into t...
by omegaweix
18 Aug 2006, 21:47
Topic: New town proposal- Hive
Replies: 16
Views: 4845

Sounds very zerg-ish to me!
Therefore, in a Heroes game?
No, thanks, not for me.
by omegaweix
11 Aug 2006, 19:52

Yes indeed, some of the neutrals sound pretty interesting! But.... skellie archers immune to ranged attacks?.... NO WAY 8| !!! I think they are strong enough by now..... and also some others of the upgrades should get more balance too. But your "dwarven" proposal is the first i actually li...
by omegaweix
09 Aug 2006, 13:58
Forum: News
Topic: Operation Patch
Replies: 6
Views: 2710

Operation Patch

Good news!

Esepcially because the german version could need a lift to 1.021 too.

but one question.... is such an "inofficial" patch from third parties compatible with future official patches?

If not then an uninstaller would be a good idea too.
by omegaweix
09 Aug 2006, 11:50
Topic: How do you play H5
Replies: 17
Views: 4672

i'm sure he meant it (somewhat) ironically Ah, well, at least somebody got it. Both parts! (The somewhat and the ironically!!) That somewhat restores my karma. I can look rrriiight into your brain muhuarhar :devil: !!!! But don't rely too much on karma, reincarnation can be a nasty thing!
by omegaweix
08 Aug 2006, 21:08

[...].And i dont need the ego trip that advice lives off of. I am sure i will be accused of making this political or whatever but it would seem telling someone that they shouldn't touch something that they dont like is just fine and dandy but saying that you dont mind them playing the game with wha...
by omegaweix
08 Aug 2006, 20:55
Topic: "Slow" spell doesn't seem to do anything.
Replies: 18
Views: 6545

Re: "Slow" spell doesn't seem to do anything.

You guys wanna know what's cool? Having blood maidens and "Tactics." Those ***** can do damage on the first turn and then run back to where they started from. That's just awesome! Thanks. Yeah but if the enemy's got turn first and has a shooter with him they die like flies! And mentioning...
by omegaweix
08 Aug 2006, 17:38
Topic: Why is no one OUTRAGED with the artifact situation?
Replies: 54
Views: 12588

Though i agree that there are very few artifacts (i know the "5 clovers of luck scenario in the inventory" very well) and the amount should be increased visibly not later than the first expansion, IMHO there are far more important issues to get fixed first ( bug corrections, map editor, AT...
by omegaweix
08 Aug 2006, 11:07

It was always convenient playing a Heroes game cause it can be played mostly with the mouse... so the other hand is free to grab some drink, a "thinking stick" (nice paraphrase, Bonzer :) ) or something to nibble! During enemies turn you can either visit the loo, head to the kitchen to ret...
by omegaweix
06 Aug 2006, 14:03
Topic: Ubisoft poll, build it and they will come. Well, fill it in
Replies: 33
Views: 7768

place a number 1-10, 1 you dont care at all, 10, its vital Being able to choose more options on single player maps- 6 An engrossing and rich storyline- 5 Top class graphics- 6 Super sounds- 9 Re-playability- 9 Multi-player- 6 Random Yes/No Questions: Should summon creatures stack? yes Should flagged...
by omegaweix
06 Aug 2006, 13:26

Ah, i would have nearly asked how you did it, seems you could read my mind :-D, thanks!

If it's that easy as you described it, i'm looking forward to tinker around myself after the release of 1.3 :hoo:
by omegaweix
05 Aug 2006, 23:23

Just perfect, tried it out, the mod works as it should!

Thank you so much.... especially for the very quick help!

Go to advanced search