Search found 177 matches

by omegaweix
21 Nov 2006, 10:45
Forum: News
Topic: Spin the Skill Wheel Again
Replies: 19
Views: 6188

Spin the Skill Wheel Again

Indeed, I really cannot imagine playing Heroes 5 without this exceptional useful tool anymore, thank you so much, Aurelain!
by omegaweix
17 Nov 2006, 11:29
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: My rushed impressions of Expansion Pack
Replies: 60
Views: 13395

ok, it's looking a bit more promising; it looks like all the the original data paks (patch versions, that is) are duped straight from the original. However, the text paks ARE different. that should mean most of the mods will work without having to change anything, except for the ones like "sev...
by omegaweix
17 Nov 2006, 10:48
Topic: My rushed impressions of Expansion Pack
Replies: 60
Views: 13395

Also, it seems they forgot to add a music track for the new snow terrain. Uh, that's bad! Music/Sound is a major factor for the game experience for me! why, oh why, did they have to duplicate and modify all the original data files, and put them in an entirely NEW directory??? It's gonna take some e...
by omegaweix
13 Nov 2006, 13:22
Topic: Need help with a technical problem!
Replies: 4
Views: 1583

I have to excuse me for my bad english, which seemed to cause a bit of confusion here. What I wanted :D to say in my last post simply was, that the graphic settings were always on the highest mode possible ("very high"). Btw: Yesterday I played around with the shadow quality values on the ...
by omegaweix
13 Nov 2006, 11:42
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Why my Mods don't work?
Replies: 11
Views: 7209

I use winrar to "redate" the mods too... but i don't use a specific program to "update" the mod, i just open the file , change something, press "undo" , save, zip and ".pak" it again (someone here, i think it was theGryphon recommened me this procedure)... ......
by omegaweix
12 Nov 2006, 14:21

Hello omegaweix. Well first of all, shadows realization in H5 sucks anyhow. Yes i know :D But when they are as ugly as you describe, this meens that "Image Quality" option set to below normal. Strange that changing it didnt help. Are you sure that changes to settings were saving all the t...
by omegaweix
11 Nov 2006, 17:11

Need help with a technical problem!

Dear community members, i hope someone of you can help me: Since patch 1.4 the shadows of creatures, castle, ressources and heroes got really strange, pixelated waving triangles that look horrific! I don't know if 1.4 itself is blamable for this but if not, i didn't find out (yet) what may caused th...
by omegaweix
10 Nov 2006, 02:02
Topic: Hammers of Fate Compatibility
Replies: 3
Views: 2879

I mean, like the other expansion of the franchise, where to access the old content (old campaigns & scenarios) you didnt have to exit the expansion and run a different .exe I'd really not want to see such kind of cumbersome implementation of an expansion from a game of 2006... but you never kno...
by omegaweix
10 Nov 2006, 01:53
Topic: 1.4 problems, post yours here!
Replies: 117
Views: 25055

Yes i do have problems with 1.4, sadly, i really thought this time it would be fun right from the start :(. Namely strange graphic behaviour, for example: the shadows that succubi and mistresses cast on themselves now are weird, distorted, wavy and pixelated (always)... after a while of playing my i...
by omegaweix
23 Oct 2006, 10:28
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: do you think they will ever update/improve the editor?
Replies: 22
Views: 9526

Indeed, a "stop animations" and an "undo" button are on top of my wishlist too... and i hope that this will be fixed with the expansion.... I could also look forward to triggers for textboxes...i'm sooo sure that someone from nival could program this in no time, why won't they do...
by omegaweix
18 Oct 2006, 10:25
Topic: Would potions be a good adition to the game ?
Replies: 66
Views: 19495

Sometimes I would put potions on a hero and then dismiss him just to get rid of these things. I just imagined this possible scenario: Dismiss a hero packed with useless potions, the A.I. hires him/her a few turns later and after a few weeks passed you battle this hero and get flooded with your poti...
by omegaweix
13 Oct 2006, 15:10
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Hammers of Fate Boxshot
Replies: 55
Views: 25288

Re: Hammers of Fate Boxshot

Lady Farquad wrote:He looks more like Gimli

Sure this is on purpose.
by omegaweix
10 Oct 2006, 09:58
Forum: News
Topic: Dark Messiah Gold
Replies: 9
Views: 4109

Dark Messiah Gold

Well... what more is there to say?

...That it will be good... hopefully!
by omegaweix
05 Oct 2006, 10:35
Topic: Which way?
Replies: 17
Views: 4593

I'd take Academy units and head south until i reach the sea. The gremlins would heave my throne to the beach and the gargs would swarm to find someone who can mix a good mojito. After sundown one of the gremlins could be grilled over the campfire and when the fire has burnt down i would watch the st...
by omegaweix
28 Sep 2006, 08:18
Topic: Insane wood costs of Sylvan buildings
Replies: 42
Views: 10195

If there wasn't Caradoc's post you'd think that this would get the next whining thread. Have alle of you people here forgotten of how a month ago most people were complaining about how the Sylvans were so strong? Now, when it looks like they are still as strong but have some more difficulties to ge...
by omegaweix
27 Sep 2006, 09:14
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H5 editor performance
Replies: 13
Views: 7966

Voted: "Acceptable on smaller maps, very laggy on larger". Athlon 2800+, 1024 DDRAM, Geforce 6600GT AGP. Really a pity, finished two small maps and was quite surprised when the performance dropped dramatically while working on my first large map. As mentioned before, turning of animations ...
by omegaweix
24 Sep 2006, 19:49
Topic: Someone update Neutral Monster Increaser mod for 1.3 :)))
Replies: 10
Views: 6898

Gaidal Cain wrote:Mod updated. Get it here if you can't wait until Sir_Toejam has updated the mods page.
Again, thank you very much :applause: and maybe even a :hug:
by omegaweix
23 Sep 2006, 11:38

Uh oh, sorry Gaidal, didn't realize that this was actually your mod, thought your retrieved it once somwhere from the net for me!

Do you have any idea why it refuses working with patch 1.3?

BTW, great job with this one, my favorite mod so far...
by omegaweix
22 Sep 2006, 11:38

open the mod (the .pak file) in winzip/winrar. you will see a/some directories. extract those directories into a folder outide of the .pak file. go into the now extracted directories and open each of the files you see with a text editor. once open, save it and it should update the timestamp on the ...
by omegaweix
20 Sep 2006, 21:42

I'm already trying (see: "mod for a mod" thread)... but 'til now i suppose that the mod is incompatible with version 1.3...

...on the other hand i'm far away from being a "modding pro" :D

Go to advanced search