Search found 182 matches

by kitcat0
01 Feb 2007, 16:13
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Game: Questions and answers - how well do you know Heroes?
Replies: 200
Views: 48596

well, people are guessing, but i suspect it is difficult to guess that answer. Elitekill, I dont know if anyone has played that map, but it seems that there comes no answer. Can you reveal answer and ask a new one?
by kitcat0
28 Jan 2007, 13:22

EliteKill wrote:
kitcat0 wrote:I can also say that I have no idea. I played Heroes V campaigns a bit, but that was it. I hope someone who knows anything about Heroes V will figure it out.
It's not in a campaign, it's in a single scenario (Like Griffin's Last Flight).
I know, that's why I am totally out.
by kitcat0
27 Jan 2007, 21:11

I can also say that I have no idea. I played Heroes V campaigns a bit, but that was it. I hope someone who knows anything about Heroes V will figure it out.
by kitcat0
22 Jan 2007, 21:29

It is easy to make a screen. It will just say that your forces suffer a bitter defeat. But right after your hero dissapears, dissapears enemy hero too. I actually had a test map where I only had one hero and enemy too. Both died because of armageddon. Then I was eliminated from the game and next mes...
by kitcat0
22 Jan 2007, 18:34
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Favorite Artifact (another non-poll)
Replies: 26
Views: 8951

Titan's Thunder. I just like everything about Titans and that is the ultimate Titan artifact :D I also like the spell it gives (600 damage with no mana... pretty good) Actually by the time you get to assemble that artifact, you are probably so high level and armies are so big that 600 damage lighte...
by kitcat0
22 Jan 2007, 18:26

You meant a draw? Ok. Besides damage spells (armageddon, chain lightening) that hurt your own creatures there are more options of a draw. Very common thing that AI does in Heroes III is winning battle with only summoned creatures left. Which means automatic loss after the battle. Or there are only r...
by kitcat0
22 Jan 2007, 13:08

In what way do H4 battles have more ways to be resolved then in the other games? I am not sure what you mean, so I will just discuss it a bit with myself Outcomes of battles - win, loose, retreat, surrender or both loose. There are different ways of doing those things in H IV, than i Heroes III for...
by kitcat0
21 Jan 2007, 17:51
Topic: Favorite Artifact (another non-poll)
Replies: 26
Views: 8951

I love the speed necklace. It is a minor artifact and easy to find but a very nice one IMO. I also like logistics artifacts.
by kitcat0
20 Jan 2007, 11:50

Got also 19, when you count neutrals also and if you consider "undead" a special (which it is). Not quite sure, which neutrals were in RoE and which came later. EDIT: ok, actually counted 20. That will be my guess for now. pikeman, halberdier, svordsman, gnoll, gnoll marauder, gorgon, imp,...
by kitcat0
19 Jan 2007, 21:42
Topic: The Most balanced Heroes game
Replies: 23
Views: 8095

I was about to vote H IV, but then I noticed that it was about balance between AI and human player. Went with H II, since it is the least tactical of Heroes games that I have played. The more tactical the game the less can AI do against human brain.
by kitcat0
19 Jan 2007, 21:24

Name the "secret" artifacts in Heroes III. Can you read the original post first? You have to answer previous question right and then you get the right to ask a new one. Right now you have to answer the question about dimension door. I have tried that cursed ground thing, I managed to DD m...
by kitcat0
19 Jan 2007, 14:09

It is correct. :) Didnt expect the correct answer so fast.

I dont think so since it is strictly about heroes. But I guess it is up to mods to decide.
by kitcat0
19 Jan 2007, 12:00

Game: Questions and answers - how well do you know Heroes?

I was thinking of making a new topic where one person is asking a question about Heroes that is not a well-known fact and the one that answers right can ask next one. I will start with a question. EDIT: If noone answers the question in 5 days and people are not even close, then the one who asked the...
by kitcat0
18 Jan 2007, 16:29
Topic: Favorite Creature (not an evolution poll)
Replies: 53
Views: 20285

I loved hydras in Homm II. (level 5) Perfect against random dangerous stacks like ghosts and vampire lords. It was so cool to see hydras surrounded by five stacks and attacking all of them at once.
by kitcat0
16 Jan 2007, 10:45
Topic: Favourite Soundtrack
Replies: 39
Views: 15509

H2 for me too. I always loved the sound effects.
by kitcat0
15 Jan 2007, 21:09
Topic: Ogre evolution
Replies: 37
Views: 18951

Heroes III unupgraded. I like heroes I ogre too, but I never played the game so I went with the other one. Ogres are supposed to be strong, but no intelligence creatures IMO, Heroes II looks like a sheep and Heroes IV ogre looks too intelligent for my taste.
by kitcat0
14 Jan 2007, 00:53
Topic: H4: Favourite town music score
Replies: 22
Views: 9849

I went with preserve, just because it is the least annoying for me. It is kinda nice backround music that doesnt add anything, but doesnt get on my nerves either. Others are starting to get on my nerves after a while. Stronghold would be the second place. Haven and Academy are most annoying.
by kitcat0
13 Jan 2007, 12:45
Topic: Conceptiually best heroes game?
Replies: 193
Views: 43262

I have very likely already given my opinion in this thread, but I am not sure and I dont feel like looking it through. For me the best game is Heroes III. I am that kind of person, who appreciates surprise elements and randomness and H III offered a lot of them. I know it can make the game more unba...
by kitcat0
10 Jan 2007, 21:06
Topic: H 3 - Battleground maps thread
Replies: 7
Views: 2605

Ok, after watching Paulus messing around with that map for several days, decided to try myself. Went with Stronghold. Going back all the time to get my spellpoints full added quite some days, but helped preserving the army. Probably could cut 2 days by winning final battle, but I dont feel like repl...
by kitcat0
10 Jan 2007, 16:26
Topic: Favorite Homm 3 Upgraded 7th level creature
Replies: 8
Views: 5887

Archdevil. Fast and no retal. One archdevil can beat much stronger armies as long as they are not especially fast.

Go to advanced search