Search found 370 matches

by Derek
Oct 26 2006, 1:42
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Neverwinter Nights News
Replies: 442
Views: 56563

I know with the uncapatibility of NWN2 and NWN, many developers are releasing years long projects intended to go with NWN2 now for NWN. Yeah, I know how that goes. I finally get the writing talent to craft an epic story that is not cliched and then I find it is needed to upgrade my computer. Well, ...
by Derek
Oct 26 2006, 1:24
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes on TV: X-Play Review
Replies: 21
Views: 5295

Heroes on TV: X-Play Review

X-Play is representative of the low nature of gaming journalism, it really is no shock of their foolishness. Truthfully, does anyone know of a good reviewing site for games?
by Derek
Oct 26 2006, 1:20
Forum: Campfire
Topic: It's Halloween at the Round Table!
Replies: 70
Views: 10133

stefan.urlus wrote:shame there's no prize for the "scariest" ;)

I know.
by Derek
Sep 5 2006, 2:16
Topic: The Absence Thread
Replies: 2201
Views: 212639

I'll be taking an extended break from gaming in general. I suppose it would be a difficult thing to try and explain, but I think I have the capability to sum it up quickly enough: too many rushed products are starting to make me think low of the industry as a whole. See you all in a few months(maybe...
by Derek
Aug 29 2006, 16:19
Topic: Pet thread (pics would be nice)
Replies: 414
Views: 46310

Getting pictures of my other pets can be hard due to them getting spooked so easily when I go near them(they like to be alone.) However, I think this one turned out well enough: http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/ChaosWielder/snake2.jpg She enjoys long naps under the sun and seven goldfish a week.
by Derek
Aug 29 2006, 16:07
Topic: Holly wood or holly crap?
Replies: 265
Views: 34597

Ack...insomnia is no fun. :tired: But now that I can form a coherent sentence again...

Hey, I like Blade Runner, but I just figured that I have to raise questions against it. Where's the fun in agreeing about how great certain films are?
by Derek
Aug 25 2006, 19:50
Topic: College is back, and so is the bill...
Replies: 33
Views: 6852

Are you buying your books online? university book stores have a habit of way over charging seeing as they basically have a captive market... Oh, how many books made up this $300 cost? It is 12 books that make up this price. However, 4 of them are under 60 pages and 4 of them are used(beat up badly....
by Derek
Aug 25 2006, 19:13
Topic: College is back, and so is the bill...
Replies: 33
Views: 6852

College is back, and so is the bill...

I just dropped over $300 on books today for my next semeseter at college. I guess the point of this topic is to find out whether or not this amount is: a) Ludicrous b) Really ludicrous It's nice to see that printed on some of my books is: "This book is not returnable if it has been used." Great. Jus...
by Derek
Aug 25 2006, 19:09

"Blade Runner" is a futuristic movie about a not-so-distant past, in which people were being used as slave labourers to do the dirty work and soldiering for those who are higher up on the social ladder. The 'replicants' (man-made humans) raise the issue of Man's godplaying as well as the question o...
by Derek
Aug 24 2006, 0:27

stefan.urlus wrote:i tried to shed some light on it for you Derek, but went off track there

On the upside, I might just check out Total Recall. Maybe in a month or so, Netflix is dreadfully slow, I'll tell you how I felt about it.

"7th seal" anyone? :rip:
by Derek
Aug 24 2006, 0:25
Topic: Nival Answers, Episode IV: A New Hope
Replies: 90
Views: 29564

Nival Answers, Episode IV: A New Hope

@TT
I as well.
by Derek
Aug 23 2006, 20:15

Well...with the thread bumped and all I have to ask a simple(!) question: Why do people love Blade Runner? Because Han Solo is in it? Maybe, but really now...some people claim that its the greatest scifi flick ever made. I don't get it, and I really though that someone might be able to shed some li...
by Derek
Aug 23 2006, 20:10
Topic: Nival Answers, Episode IV: A New Hope
Replies: 90
Views: 29564

Re: Yo guys what's up

if you think even deeper about it, if they did release a perfect game, then eventually you would get bored, but as they add in new elements, it sparks new interest in the game each time, and keeps you excited about the game. This may be the most stupid thing that I've ever read. I will try to think...
by Derek
Aug 23 2006, 1:21

As much as I like Sergio Leone, director of the 'dollars' trilogy, Yojimbo is leaps and bounds better than it(Fistful that is.)

Well...with the thread bumped and all I have to ask a simple(!) question: Why do people love Blade Runner?
by Derek
Aug 21 2006, 0:19
Topic: What do you do for a living?
Replies: 148
Views: 27321

Currently I am studying English at the university(or something like that...who can say for sure really.) And I suppose it's worth noting that I'm 19. It is interesting to note that we seem to have no 'younguns' around here at the RT; perhaps they're turned off by TBS?(this is a call for old codgers ...
by Derek
Aug 19 2006, 16:48

I just finished the module with my Ranger and I have to say that I enjoyed it immensly. It's much more focused on sidequests than a main story, not that it doesn't have one mind you, and this suits my tastes.
by Derek
Aug 16 2006, 23:22

Yep, that module looks to be a good one. Assuming it is a resumable download I'll get my download manager to work on it when I go to bed. GOW Yeah, it's a huge download(over 230 MB.) The tileset that DLA put together for this thing has to be seen to be believed. :hoo: This makes me want to go back ...
by Derek
Aug 16 2006, 22:11

A new cancelled premium module has been released. I haven't gotten aroudn to playing it, but it looks promising judging by the info here.
by Derek
Aug 16 2006, 16:43

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:- A magical golden aura which lights above your character
- Cloth map showing in-game locations
- Book of art, depicting characters and scenes from the game

These are strangely familiar...

But from where?!?

I find it sad that all of these additions would justify to some the added $10.
by Derek
Aug 15 2006, 19:07
Topic: Until death gets you away from the monitor
Replies: 36
Views: 11095

I'd be interested in kowing whether or not many of these gaming binges are regular or if they just show up when a truly great game surfaces. I know that I rarely play a game for hours even if I really like it. It takes a certain type of game to glue me to the screen for hours on end(this is sadly ge...

Go to advanced search