Search found 370 matches

by Derek
Nov 30 2006, 1:25
Forum: News
Topic: Heretics at the Table!
Replies: 13
Views: 3012

Heretics at the Table!

I think this "news" speaks more to a general disappointment with recent heroes games than anything else.
by Derek
Nov 22 2006, 1:31
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Fortress (H3)
Replies: 66
Views: 13415

Maybe we'll do this some other time...

Gah(!), I just never have enough time when I want to do crazy stuff! :D
by Derek
Nov 20 2006, 20:35

Yeah, this would be hard to coordinate(but I think it can be done). Now, you(Banedon) do not necesarily have to have the game installed for this to work. Although ludicrous in the extreme, and I have thought about it, I could pm(or email), because this would take so long through posts, the shots of ...
by Derek
Nov 20 2006, 20:26
Topic: Another Review of Heroes of Might and Magic 5
Replies: 47
Views: 6538

I'll make a longer post later(I'm currently at university), but it is worth considering, if even for a moment, that Daniel is not an idiot. He is noting that HALO 2 is a new version of HALO. Although he may word it oddly, one can see that his point is made nonetheless(those that have played it will ...
by Derek
Nov 20 2006, 15:27

Sure, by all means. Note: I do think Fortress is capable of offering effective resistance to Rampart; I just think Rampart will win more often than not. Rampart will suffer heavy casualties, yes, but Rampart will win. Okay, what hero would you like to have on your(Rampart) side? Fortress will have ...
by Derek
Nov 20 2006, 15:13
Topic: Another Review of Heroes of Might and Magic 5
Replies: 47
Views: 6538

Another Review of Heroes of Might and Magic 5

<a href="/http://www.gamecritics.com/review/hommv/main.php">Game Critics</a> offers a review of Heroes of Might and Magic 5. Daniel gives it a 7.5 overall, though it is worth mentioning that on their scale a 5 is average. The review is interesting in that it begs the question, "Has the series really ...
by Derek
Nov 20 2006, 1:05
Forum: Campfire
Topic: What are you currently reading?
Replies: 614
Views: 121725

by Derek
Nov 20 2006, 0:52

I don't have Heroes 3 installed :( Unless you can test it out hypothetically...? I know. I mean to say that we would have a hypothetical battle where the two sides are with a set amount of forces, stats, etc.(If you've played HOMMV duel mode then you sort of know what I'm talking about). We do not ...
by Derek
Nov 19 2006, 22:02

I'll set up a battle Banedon where we can test this(although I am on your side about the Rampart against Fortress debacle). If you'd like to have such a battle we'd have to have some things agreed to at the start like which heroes, level of heroes, size of army, spells known, etc... If you're intere...
by Derek
Oct 30 2006, 22:43
Topic: The Absence Thread
Replies: 2201
Views: 212639

I'll be drifting back into the nether now but I will admit it was quaint coming back and all.
by Derek
Oct 30 2006, 1:40
Topic: Of Necropolis and "unbeatableness"
Replies: 158
Views: 38233

I may sometime this week, it depends on midterms( :ill: ), go ahead and try the map again on hard to see how good I can do. Does it matter to you Banedon if the level two dwelling is there or not? I seem to recall some contention on the matter when csarmi was still around. Then again I'm not so sure...
by Derek
Oct 29 2006, 22:51
Topic: Seen any good movies lately?
Replies: 2813
Views: 199740

i cant name a single good USA horror movie though. In no particular order, The Shining, Halloween and Halloween H20, The Grudge (I liked the US version better than the original), The Omen, The Exorcist, George Romero's 'Dead' series, The Ring, Poltergeist, Nightmare on Elm Street (featuring Johnny ...
by Derek
Oct 29 2006, 14:21

I saw Flags of our Fathers yesterday...

Now, perhaps it is a bit too long and the editing could have been tighter, but it's an awfully good film that I think people should go see. I look forward to the so-called "companion film" to be released later this year.

Not for the faint-hearted though.
by Derek
Oct 28 2006, 16:22

The (first) Grudge was actually pretty scary. It had some nice new visual and auditory effects that startled me several times. The atmosphere was wonderfully disturbing and there was enough story to keep my interest. And SMG is always good. Is this the only J-Horror film that you've seen? If you wa...
by Derek
Oct 28 2006, 15:34
Topic: Of Necropolis and "unbeatableness"
Replies: 158
Views: 38233

And I thought we had solved this debate months ago. :D

Unless someone, once again, wants to have a "controlled test" about Necro strength then I'm not sure what's left to discuss(however much fun it may be).
by Derek
Oct 28 2006, 14:24

^
The Grudge(Ju-On), if I'm correct, is just a terrible knock-off of Ringu(The Ring). I've watched both Japanese originals and, frankly, they're both so alike it's scary! :scared:
by Derek
Oct 27 2006, 15:39

And there I was about to start a thread just like this. :devil: I haven't seen any new films in quite some time, I will be going to see Flags of our Fathers soon because it is an Eastwood film. Mostly I have been watching older films in an effort to better understand the medium. Here are a few I thi...
by Derek
Oct 27 2006, 15:23
Topic: Gamespot Reviews Dark Messiah
Replies: 22
Views: 3615

Gamespot Reviews Dark Messiah

<a href="/http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/darkmessiahofmightmagic/review.html?sid=6160563&tag=topslot;action;1&om_act=convert&click=topslot">Gamespot</a> reviews Dark Messiah and is less than thrilled about it. Their main complaint stems from glitches and the like. If you would like to take a look ...
by Derek
Oct 26 2006, 15:05
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Neverwinter Nights News
Replies: 442
Views: 56563

They may eventually come out with a utilitiy that allows for conversions of NWN custom content to NWN2. You never know. 7 more days... Grand Blanc huh? Raiders make good Bobcat food from what I hear. They are going to allow for the transfer of conversations and scripts easily, just export then impo...
by Derek
Oct 26 2006, 14:55
Topic: What are you currently reading?
Replies: 614
Views: 121725

I gave up on Illium and started Stephen King's The Dark Tower instead. I'm in the middle of book 2 now. The Dark Tower was great, but fell apart (IMO) at the end. I didn't really like the last two books very much, sadly. The high point was book 4, which could pretty much be read without the others ...

Go to advanced search