Search found 370 matches

by Derek
18 Sep 2008, 02:26
Forum: Campfire
Topic: The Absence Thread
Replies: 2201
Views: 342725

Here's my advice: if someone offers to buy your white rabbit, make sure to go left at the next intersection. This would have solved many, many problems. I think that explains my absence. What's happened between then and now? Have fun in Italy! Curious--two people I know are there now(not counting th...
by Derek
18 Dec 2006, 20:27
Forum: News
Topic: The Dark Misogynist
Replies: 77
Views: 24140

Re: The Dark Misogynist

Sure and batman shows how having a childhood trauma can change your life forever :rolleyes: You know, when I first read this I laughed out loud. I mean, this is such an obvious claim that could be made about Batman(did you even watch Tim Burton's films?). If ThunderTitan or someone else had posted ...
by Derek
16 Dec 2006, 17:22

Of course it can.But the credibility of such statements drops drastically.Again,this is less true for some logical things that are based on fixed laws(determening the number of planets around a star,the size of a distant star,the behaviour of a certain liquid under certain pressure,etc)than for som...
by Derek
16 Dec 2006, 06:16
Topic: The Animated Comedy Series Survey
Replies: 24
Views: 7128

The mod said it was okay V, NoHomers shouldn't lock the thread.

I'll respond to the survey after I wake up from a good sleep.
by Derek
16 Dec 2006, 06:13

No,you can speculate about things you havent experienced yourself.Big difference between speculating something,and saying something thats true.And this is especially true about books,paintings,songs,movies,games,etc. So nothing can be stated a priori ? Yes,the fact that someone stated his oppinion ...
by Derek
16 Dec 2006, 01:05

Yes it is.And no self respecting scientist talking about any aspect of africa would do so without visiting. This claim is something along the lines of an argument from authority, another logical fallacy. In essence it is that we cannot take the opinion of someone simply because they do not meet som...
by Derek
15 Dec 2006, 18:23

Assuming one must have experience before opinion, that one must have been to Africa before one might speak about aspects of the country, is not a valid line of reasoning. Females are not just used as sex objects in the game. According to your own earlier statement you have not played the game. Play ...
by Derek
15 Dec 2006, 17:12
Topic: The Animated Comedy Series Survey
Views: 7128

Have you tried making a thread at NoHomers.net? If you have and it was locked I may be able to convince one of the mods to let you have it there. Then again, it would be a few hours before I was sure or not he'd let you(I'd email you if it would be allowed). I'd respond myself but I have't see enoug...
by Derek
15 Dec 2006, 17:06

The fact is that single player Dark Messiah is filled with monstrous creatures like giant spiders, goblins, trolls, ect rather than humans. Just because a story is set in another realm, fantasy/sci-fi/etc, does not excuse the writers from making simpleminded comments regarding the actual world. You...
by Derek
15 Dec 2006, 02:55

The Dark Misogynist

GOW, Videogames(justifiably) have the stigma of having stories that do not do much to elevate female characters to something more than just a sideshow. Is DM sexist? Possibly, but judging by the apparent fact(I have not played the game) that there are no female characters that are more than just arm...
by Derek
14 Dec 2006, 16:38
Topic: Seen any good movies lately?
Replies: 2813
Views: 363572

Ong-Bak is basically a tongue in cheek look at moralistic action movies. I consider it the most stupidly awesome film ever. I just saw 'Straw Dogs' and I'd love to hear what anyone thinks about it either way(It does seem to be a love/hate movie). If I had to choose now, I'd say its perhaps the best ...
by Derek
13 Dec 2006, 21:39
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Orc Town Suggestion
Replies: 56
Views: 13002

It sure would be great if these town ideas branched further away from the already established...
by Derek
13 Dec 2006, 16:00
Topic: The Pointless but funny links-thread
Replies: 2591
Views: 388009

I loathe bad marketing so much...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJxIWUKM0hQ

Shield your eyes!
by Derek
12 Dec 2006, 17:10
Topic: Acheval vs. MuadDib
Views: 7325

ThunderTitan wrote:@Kalah

1984 baby.
More like "Brazil baby" considering, *ahem*, their skill at delivering quality products and preventing complaints.
by Derek
05 Dec 2006, 21:35
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Worst game you have ever played
Replies: 92
Views: 36193

Indigo Prophecy takes the cake as far as I'm concerned. Try it out sometime, it's very good for a laugh(or horrible banshee scream).
by Derek
05 Dec 2006, 01:08
Topic: Internet Explorer Problem
Replies: 15
Views: 3608

I'm not really online too often, strange considering I have a cable modem and all, so having FireFox over IE doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Some of the other CH members seem to spend all their time online. That's not really my thing, and so it seems like too much of a hassle to change it consid...
by Derek
03 Dec 2006, 03:23
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Which games do you await?
Replies: 68
Views: 22153

God of War 2 is supposed to come out in Febuary or so, I certainly can't wait for it..The first one was one of the best games on the PS2 IMO. Is it for PS3? I, too, enjoyed the first one. It's for the PS2. Apparently, judging by the trailer on Gamespot , you get to ride around and rip the heads off...
by Derek
03 Dec 2006, 03:13
Topic: Pet thread (pics would be nice)
Replies: 414
Views: 72767

^ My cat drinks out of the toilet. Just lazy on her part...could just tell me to clean out the water after all. Either way, here's a new picture of Stinky: http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/ChaosWielder/turban.jpg It really seemed like a good idea at the time to try and put a turban(ball of soc...
by Derek
01 Dec 2006, 01:49

I cannot believe I had to do a system restore over this thing...

Frankly, I'm a bit shocked that an automatic update would kill my computer like that.

Regardless, a mod can delete this thread if they want now(considering its point is now moot).
by Derek
30 Nov 2006, 20:23

Internet Explorer Problem

:ill: Okay, I just "upgraded" one of my comps up to 7.0 explorer and now the entire thing is fried. It does not recognize the default connection, it freezes when I try to change settings and all of this came in an official microsoft package. Aside from jokes about Microsoft, does anyone ha...

Go to advanced search