Search found 132 matches

by Linky
18 May 2006, 19:54
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Dungeon Mission 3: Impossible
Replies: 56
Views: 19015

I did level up my main hero to the maximum level cap I had. There was nothing more I could do except level up the other hero. She ended up about 5 levels under the maximum. I never needed her in the mission, so there wasn't really any way I could've prepared better now was there? It's absolutely rid...
by Linky
18 May 2006, 19:35

So you're telling me that if I don't get both my heroes to max level and choose skills that prevent me from getting the 'ultimate ability' I am not eligible of finishing the game, but that I have to *redo* earlier missions just so that I'd even have a shot at the one I'm playing?
by Linky
18 May 2006, 18:59

Jesus, that's pretty stupid. I didn't cap the female hero and was going for the Warlock ultimate ability with realag so I don't really much in terms of spells. This essentially means that I can't finish this mission . I guess I'll try it with normal and see if I can manage it. I'm not going to start...
by Linky
18 May 2006, 16:36

You've mistaken the Inferno campaign with the Dungeon one here, pal. I've cleared the Haven, Inferno and Necropolis campaigns already.
by Linky
18 May 2006, 16:34
Topic: Slowdown observations
Replies: 3
Views: 2484

Slowdown observations

I tried the game on a very high-end powerhouse: P4 3,8GHz with an NVidia card (GF 7800GTX) and 2gb of RAM. There are a couple of areas where the game demands too much from the PC. First of all, as we all know when you tilt the view down so that you can see far into the distance, the game slows down....
by Linky
18 May 2006, 16:19
Topic: Content of the game
Replies: 161
Views: 90437

dragonn wrote:
Orfinn wrote:Thats great to hear, the Death Knights strikes back :-D
Time for double damage!

Bah, to think that those Wights have taken their place...
Actually I like it more this way. The Death Knights are so damn awesome that they don't need a faction to own the world. They can do it alone!
by Linky
18 May 2006, 15:29

Dungeon Mission 3: Impossible

Okay, I'm trying to finish the Dungeon campaign mission 3, "The Cultists" on hard difficulty level. I can't for the life of it figure a way to clear this map. You start without any castles, the enemy has I think four. I managed to take over the first one near the starting point, but after ...
by Linky
18 May 2006, 10:49
Topic: Is there good news about the AI?
Replies: 30
Views: 11341

Thanks for the great observations -- but I'm still curious about whether anybody has seen evidence of a responsive AI on the adventure map (as opposed to the mistakes it makes) -- because I'm willing to forgive a few glitches in the AI if I at least have some evidence that it will actually react to...
by Linky
17 May 2006, 22:34
Topic: Skill Wheel clarification
Replies: 6
Views: 3089

Skill Wheel clarification

Just so that you know, in order to get two abilities from one skill tree, you need the advanced version of said skill. To unlock the third ability box, you need to have the skill on expert level. This little detail isn't apparent on the Skill Wheel when viewing prerequisites.
by Linky
17 May 2006, 18:55
Topic: Walkthroughs?!
Replies: 28
Views: 8911

I'll save my energy for the map editor. I just finished the Necro campaign with hard difficulty (been playing on Hard from the get-go). Got to say, novice players might have a tough time on some maps - walkthroughs wouldn't be a bad idea.
by Linky
17 May 2006, 08:52
Topic: 7th Race/Faction?
Replies: 154
Views: 41591

They talk about dwarves in the Haven campaign as a faction, so my money goes there.
by Linky
16 May 2006, 20:56

Orfinn wrote:And they kicked ass? I met black dragons in the demo one of my favs, they were, what shall I say? Extremely dangerous! All my poor cavaliers got toasted in a matter of 2 turns :(
Death Knights are hardcore in this game. Very tough.
by Linky
16 May 2006, 16:52
Topic: Bug in the Inferno campaign mission order
Replies: 10
Views: 4327

Bug in the Inferno campaign mission order

To give everyone the heads up, when you finish mission three in the Inferno campaign, it jumps to mission five. If you want to play mission 4, you'll need to go to the campaign menu and select it manually.

At least that's what happened when we finished M3.
by Linky
16 May 2006, 16:04
Topic: What AI level is the computer not getting any advantages?
Replies: 17
Views: 6019

I second that. All the game tells you is that a creature has the "shield bash" ability. Hooray! Now if I only knew what the hell 'shield bash' does.

This isn't something that's easy to miss or anything. I don't understand how this could've gotten by the devs.
by Linky
16 May 2006, 15:58
Topic: Rumor on the street... is it true? (only 6 scenarios)
Replies: 65
Views: 17447

On most maps you reach the level cap just by not rushing the maps. You don't need to clear the whole map to get max lvl. You can finish the maps quicker than he did but he didn't clear everything either. I guess that's about the average speed.
by Linky
16 May 2006, 15:52
Topic: Need help
Replies: 6
Views: 2604

You need to kill every single inferno mob on the map.
by Linky
16 May 2006, 12:50

This game is GOOD. And along the way I discovered that there are some creatures not available for mass production (not in towns). I found a Phoenix. And I found my all time favorite unit DEATH KNIGHT!!! Give this game a chance. Play Heroes 5. It's not that bad as people here are saying it. Most of ...
by Linky
15 May 2006, 22:16
Topic: Register and Win a Bunny!
Replies: 59
Views: 12972

You can find all the bunnies you need here.
by Linky
15 May 2006, 21:32

Yes he said both campaign maps and single player maps are highly scripted, so AI should not be evaluated looking at those. Some people was concerned that this move was taken to hide possible AI flaws, but I'm not pessimistic. Actually, not all the campaign maps are based purely on scripts. About th...
by Linky
15 May 2006, 19:38
Topic: Rumor on the street... is it true? (only 6 scenarios)
Replies: 65
Views: 17447

A friend of mine says the campaign missions get better after the Haven campaign and the couple of first Inferno missions. He's apparently spent about 20 hours on the campaign and is I think on the last inferno map now. He says the missions are quite hard though. That'd mean that it'll take quite a w...

Go to advanced search