02 Sep 2006, 11:24
Forum: Campfire
Topic: What do you do for a living?
Replies: 148
Views: 39611

ThunderTitan wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote: You mean windows can be opened now :devil:
And it actualy goes away too after a few flushes... :devil:
"Flushing" implies that at least you do not have to use outhouses. :D ;)
by berntie
02 Sep 2006, 11:17
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Inferno Evolution
Replies: 40
Views: 18534

Vote HIII; the HIV necropolis-inferno mixture is a bad joke, and the HV version suffers from the "Tolkienization" syndrome prevalent in HV (Sauron, you should feel at home there). It doesn't look bad, but it belongs to the LotR rather than to Heroes. The HIII inferno is a cool looking, gen...
by berntie
30 Aug 2006, 20:09

Hey, you can expect a tuition fee of $30,000+ per year for a good American university... Hmmm, that must be why you can lock your toilet doors and you don't have to be afraid of the ceiling coming down during the lectures (yes, that really happened in Vienna not long ago) etc. I eat, drink, sleep, ...
by berntie
27 Aug 2006, 20:59
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Dwarfs in First Expansionpack!!!
Replies: 36
Views: 16248

Re: tr.anslation

Units seems to be: 1. Frost Spirit/Ice Spirit 2. Battle Dwarf/Dwarf Veteran 3. Dwarf Trailblazer/Dwarf Trapper 4. Runetracer/Runnist 5. Elder Giant/Giant Gatekeeper 6. Chimera/Chimera Queen 7. Ice Avatar/Crystal Avatar If that's true, I think it's another step in the wrong direction. Yes, I want to...
by berntie
27 Aug 2006, 20:42
Topic: How is your internet connection?
Replies: 115
Views: 19351

Also got my own line: DSL (will switch to cable in one or two months, tough).
by berntie
23 Aug 2006, 16:35
Topic: Dungeon/Asylum Evolution
Replies: 55
Views: 26352

I think you cannot compare HIII and HV with the rest. These are subterrainean town types in contrast to the others.

I think, I won't vote here.

But I have to say that overall, HII is clearly the worst.
by berntie
23 Aug 2006, 16:31
Topic: Genie Evolution
Views: 33491

HI is not a genie, it's a human. No option there. HII and HIII master genie look the same. HIII genie and HIV look the same (HIII is slightly better). And the HV genies seem to have gotten into the path of a titan by accident, judging from their non-existent heads. And those ridiculous hands ... :di...
by berntie
23 Aug 2006, 16:20
Topic: The Joke Thread
Replies: 1541
Views: 245403

O.k., here's another one (not as mean as the last one): A blonde walks down a street and spots a sign saying "Appartments for rent" pinned onto a street light. She thinks to herself: "Cool, I'm looking for an appartment." She knocks on the street light ... (some people say the jo...
by berntie
23 Aug 2006, 12:41
Topic: Dungeon/Asylum Evolution
Views: 26352

Try that instead; AoH don't seem to be up again.
by berntie
21 Aug 2006, 20:22

Oh, and school's free, so I don't have to pay to attend. That makes me envious. Here in Austria we have to pay a tuition fee of nearly 400 bucks per semester. I could accept that, if it would improve our universities' conditions But, na, things always get worse. have to learn abit more english...*s...
by berntie
20 Aug 2006, 18:54

Re: What do you do for a living?

Angelspit wrote:
berntie wrote:I'm wondering, for example, what job would allow AS to maintain a website like CH in his free time? (I guess you do it in your free time, do you, AS?)
Yes, *cough cough*, of course *cough*. Sorry, bad cold.
Hmm, I really don't know what to make of this coughing ... Are you being serious?
by berntie
20 Aug 2006, 01:26

I've been working full time throughout my education Respect. That's one of the things I think I'd never be capable of myself. I am a Production Forklift Operator There's a short (about 9 min; 90MB) German video about a forklift operator's first day at work. Ends up pretty messy ... :D If you're bor...
by berntie
19 Aug 2006, 22:05

What do you do for a living?

Sooo .... I'm curious: What do you do for a living? I mean, we all probably would like to play heroes all day, but that doesn't earn you the necessary money for 3 meals a day. And I can hardly imagine all people on CH being 16 year old students ... I know about some people (Corribus is a professor f...
by berntie
19 Aug 2006, 21:26
Topic: Sounds and Music of Might and Magic (issues and questions)
Replies: 6
Views: 4595

Re: Sounds and Music of Might and Magic (issues and question

Have you played the original or the expansion CDs? I've played both without problems. Have you tried a different CD drive? I'v tried three different CD players (two audio, one multi-session). Problem persisting on all of them, regardless of the CD. However, if you say it works fine with you, I refu...
by berntie
19 Aug 2006, 21:13

He told me that he hates that joke so much that he will restart berntie's post count. No, please. I'm currently experiencing a great feeling of superiority cos my post count is higher than DL's (and also TT's). Quit speaking for me,Im capable of doing it myself :devil: And though quite sick and per...
by berntie
18 Aug 2006, 15:38

For HII: Since the music is on the normal audio track, you can use a program like MusicMatch to rip all tracks to mp3 files. The only problem is: If you play the CD as an audio CD, there are some ugly *kkrrrkkss* sounds between the tracks. That's not an issue of my CDs; I tried it with two differen...
by berntie
18 Aug 2006, 14:28

For each of the HOMM games, how would you go about converting the sound files to MPG or WAV? Hmm, I think you mean "MP3" instead of "MPG", do you? For HI: I don't know. I didn't even manage to play the music folder in Winamp. Does anybody know, how you can listen to the tracks w...
by berntie
18 Aug 2006, 10:53
Topic: The foreign language thread
Replies: 5458
Views: 699816

Wow, mit Kalah (bei dem ich nicht weiss ob er nur sehr gut deutsch spricht, oder auch in D lebt - ist ja eigentlich auch egal) und dir sind wir dann ja schon ganze 3 !!! Plus evtl Milla , die ja auch ein paar Brocken dutsch sprechen kann ! omegaweix ist auch aus Österreich (wie ich). Sind wir also ...
by berntie
17 Aug 2006, 23:43
Topic: The foreign language thread
Replies: 5458
Views: 699816

Apropos Fremdsprache sind hier noch mehr Leute im Forum, die der deutschen Sprache mächtig sind ? Ja! Ich zum Beispiel. :D Bist mir zuvorgekommen. Eigentlich wollt ich das schon lange mal fragen ... Schade, finde es hier irgendwie lustiger Jaa, die Drachenwald-Foren machen auf mich auch nicht einen...
by berntie
17 Aug 2006, 23:28

stefan.urlus wrote:???? 8|
I don't know for sure where your problem lies, but probably that may help you:

Ask yourself: What could the father's "ding-dong" be?

I just couldn't find a better way to paraphrase it.

Go to advanced search