Search found 40 matches

by Friend_of_Gunnar
26 Jan 2006, 20:30
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Whatever happened to Mr. Mullich?
Replies: 3
Views: 3580

Whatever happened to Mr. Mullich?

You know the guy who's portrait we all wished to see in the HOMM3 tavern? Has he had anything to do with HOMM recently?
by Friend_of_Gunnar
24 Jan 2006, 19:18
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Teach me to love HOMM4
Replies: 18
Views: 11640

Dude, I'm so good that the game just crashes on day one because the AI is so terrified of me. The game actually freezes in fear. Ahh, maybe this is why Microsoft Windows crashes so often, because it's afraid of me. Maybe I should learn some gentle words and play some soft music and stop threatening...
by Friend_of_Gunnar
24 Jan 2006, 05:58
Topic: Teach me to love HOMM4
Replies: 18
Views: 11640

Teach me to love HOMM4

I put off getting it for such a long time because of what everybody said about it (also I dislike RPG so that was strike 2). So now I have it and I just can't get into it. I'm not going to list reasons because this is not a "bitch about HOMM4 thread". I am only going to ask your opinion ab...
by Friend_of_Gunnar
23 Jan 2006, 23:45
Topic: Map testers wanted (H3 map)
Replies: 20
Views: 13354

is this multiplayer style or rpg style?
by Friend_of_Gunnar
23 Jan 2006, 06:02
Topic: The Star Wars thread
Replies: 83
Views: 29523

One of my favorite websites is the comedy/satire website pointless waste of time He just posted an article on the best 10 science fiction movies that were never made that makes some references to Star Wars. It's some pretty funny stuff... (I warn you though the rest of the website can get a little r...
by Friend_of_Gunnar
22 Jan 2006, 04:46
Topic: English
Replies: 67
Views: 24024

charleswatkins wrote:If it looks like we are going bankrupt, we can always sell off some of our smaller states. I bet the Japanese would pay a good price for Hawaii.
What do you mean 'would'? Didn't we already sell it to them?
by Friend_of_Gunnar
21 Jan 2006, 15:06

ThunderTitan wrote: And then seeing cheese on TV will be an event worthy of writing a song about.
It always comes back to cheese with you, doesn't it?
by Friend_of_Gunnar
21 Jan 2006, 05:52

Think about it, if China calls in all the money the US owes it, we're doomed and China owns us. Actually it's worse. We are doomed just if they stop loaning money to us every day. For you non-americans I will explain the situation. We have the two parties in America, the Democrats and the Republica...
by Friend_of_Gunnar
19 Jan 2006, 19:03
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: 8x10
Replies: 346
Views: 75677

I give up
9 pages is too long for me.

oh wait though, I never actually voted...
I'll do that now.

I actually don't care about 8X10 so much but I'm going to vote

ImageLike It!!Image
by Friend_of_Gunnar
19 Jan 2006, 00:46

Hmmm... Sticking my armies together like the romans do. What a wonderful idea! Next, how about I place my armies in gift-wrap and put a label on them saying, "To my wonderful foe's DRAGON " Or even a Hydra could take advantage of that, to a degree. When I say a "group" I don't m...
by Friend_of_Gunnar
18 Jan 2006, 20:40

Sometimes, simpler is better. Two examples: Mancala is the cup and stone game that is so popular in Africa. It has simple rules but is infinitely difficult to understand. On the other hand, the video game Alpha Centauri has one billion rules. I counted. And it was zzzzzz...boring. Ok now the origin...
by Friend_of_Gunnar
16 Jan 2006, 13:46

Go play Starcraft already. Or Age of Empires/Mythology whatever... No I will go play Heroes of Might and Magic 3. This is because HOMM1-3 are different visions of the same idea and HOMM3/WOG is the final product of that idea. You can add ideas but that is only twitching. HOMM5 creatures and strateg...
by Friend_of_Gunnar
16 Jan 2006, 06:26

I have to say that I have thought about this new battle style of Nival. Firstly, this was playtested and they said that 8X10 was best. Why is this so? I can imagine why. Here's the reasons: This new battle style is much more similar to reality than the old HOMM style which was basically only a strat...
by Friend_of_Gunnar
13 Jan 2006, 05:17
Forum: News
Topic: Tiscali Games Screenshots
Replies: 10
Views: 4220

wow, I just made that necro town into my new wallpaper.
by Friend_of_Gunnar
12 Jan 2006, 16:50
Topic: Has anybody made a map of the world of HOMM5?
Replies: 6
Views: 5136

Has anybody made a map of the world of HOMM5?

I'm making a faction idea for the contest and I see that there is no map anywhere. Will I be the to first person to make it?

maybe some beta people can supply it if they have it or is that not allowed? :|
by Friend_of_Gunnar
07 Jan 2006, 05:28

Yes I think so but it is difficult to say the difference of the two. Many times when an Eastern European is writing a post I hear a combination of words that is different to my sense of language. When I first came to the boards it was interesting to hear the messages but also to hear how the message...
by Friend_of_Gunnar
07 Jan 2006, 05:08
Topic: How would you rate the new forums?
Replies: 133
Views: 52417

Ashashin, er...I mean A55a55in! What was all that talk about you leaving? oh that was off-topic, sorry What could be done is a single sticky topic with a list of links to "favourite topics" for most commonly repeated subjects or "hall of fame" for most valuable (quality) topics. ...
by Friend_of_Gunnar
07 Jan 2006, 04:48
Topic: Silly names in HoMMV! ...and alternatives to them!
Replies: 312
Views: 70852

I have the idea to do the opposite of the post. You take a good name and make it into a foolish one. For example: Succubus will become "Flame Girls" Inquisitors will become "Holy Curmudgeons" Vampires will become "Screaming Anemics" War Dancer will become "Michael ...
by Friend_of_Gunnar
06 Jan 2006, 19:03

English

Someone recently made a post where they had a link to a site where you could mark the location of where you live. Lo! America is beat by both Europe and China. I realize that English is such an international language now. My own English is wild and furry, it is full of slang and idioms, creativity a...
by Friend_of_Gunnar
06 Jan 2006, 18:53
Topic: How would you rate the new forums?
Replies: 133
Views: 52417

the active topics function was all I ever used ... ditto! Do we have a chance of getting that back? Also, I have a suggestion. Many new users come to this forum like I did, after playing too much of their lives on HOMM and then they want to have some place to discuss it. Usually they have the same ...

Go to advanced search