Search found 1019 matches

by Bandobras Took
30 Jan 2006, 14:53
Forum: News
Topic: What do we want? Heroes V. When do we want it? Later!
Replies: 49
Views: 12080

Re: What do we want? H5. When do we want it? Later!

People on the Heroic Corner forums went as far as claiming that the "Save Heroes" movement is Ubisoft and Nival's PR action. It's true, isn't it, Angelspit? How many $$$ have you received from these corporate *******? ;) Wouldnt surprise me if it was true, money, greed and persuasion are ...
by Bandobras Took
30 Jan 2006, 14:40
Forum: News
Topic: News Supression Pact
Replies: 128
Views: 37247

Re: News Supression Pact

Sometimes its better to just say nothing, now you look like the other 100s of idiots, who thought they made a point by saying this sort of thing. I was just making a point. a bunch of whiners (I have nothing against alternate opinions though) coming from nowhere to criticize. the point was: new mem...
by Bandobras Took
30 Jan 2006, 14:24
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Your Favorite 4th lvl creature
Replies: 72
Views: 23255

Have to agree; I love the Mantis.
by Bandobras Took
30 Jan 2006, 05:21
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes V Impressions: Post yours here
Replies: 90
Views: 40864

Re: Heroes V Impressions: Post yours here

The only line of sight involved is the distance between you and your monitor. *chuckle* This bodes not well. The more I hear about H 3.5, the more apprehensive I am. Praytell, what is the significance of placing your armies on the tactical map, since you cannot hide your more vulnerable stacks from...
by Bandobras Took
30 Jan 2006, 05:11
Topic: very newb question from a IV-er
Replies: 22
Views: 10688

Because allthough HoMM III was a good game, there were things that were done better in HoMM IV. And that's why there are messages that it's bad that HoMM V looks to much like HoMM III. Which is why I've decided to refer to Heroes 5 from now on as Heroes 3.5. :) It looks to me as if they've taken ev...
by Bandobras Took
29 Jan 2006, 15:10
Topic: What's the point of this beta?
Replies: 18
Views: 11288

I won't quote cause this is getting long enough, so just quick comments: 1) They were beta testing (only) multiplayer for months in the closed beta. Am I wrong for having expected mutiplayer to be far more polished? In that case, my only reasonable response is that I'm having no problems with disco...
by Bandobras Took
29 Jan 2006, 03:12
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Solo games in Might and Magic games
Replies: 28
Views: 37545

JurK wrote:every newbie can end mm8 with lvl 1 char ^^

lvl 1, get dragen, quests, more dragon, more quests, more dragon -> win 8D
Out of curiosity, how do you avoid having your entire party paralyzed in the Crystal Tower?
by Bandobras Took
29 Jan 2006, 03:06
Topic: Ubi and Copy Protection
Replies: 225
Views: 68940

So out of curiosity, are those of you suffering from frequent disconnects/crashes in the Beta also those with CD/DVD burners? Would be kind of funny if StarForce were making multiplayer unplayable in the name of copy protection. :) I only ask because people with perfectly acceptable systems seem to ...
by Bandobras Took
29 Jan 2006, 02:49
Topic: 8x10
Replies: 346
Views: 75548

Having now played the Open Beta a while, it's far too hard to maneuver larger creatures when there are obstacles. On the other hand the ReadMe inspires great hope, saying that the Battlefield size and Obstacle Distribution are not final.
by Bandobras Took
29 Jan 2006, 01:22

Takes too long to go around and the long pause before the army moves in exploration mode is laughable. I played 2 turns with my friend, and we simply said forget it, play Duels because it's a less pain in the ass. I had that problem -- when I was running the beta with on 256 Megs of RAM. Then I act...
by Bandobras Took
29 Jan 2006, 01:17
Topic: What's the point of this beta?
Replies: 18
Views: 11288

Re: What's the point of this beta?

As already said, open beta = almost finished product. You don't open a beta for any portion of the game untill you're 90% done with it. Again, what's the point of an open beta if not to polish, and you can't polish if you don't have it implemented. And you're completely wrong about the time investm...
by Bandobras Took
29 Jan 2006, 01:01

Though it is clear that, even though heroes are off the battlefield in H5, a great deal of H4's influence remains. Some skills enable a hero to do a physical attack, others actually affect how swiftly the hero can cast spells -- heroes are treated like another troop stack for purposes of initiative ...
by Bandobras Took
29 Jan 2006, 00:55
Topic: Screenshots from the beta
Replies: 5
Views: 4217

That could potentially be seen as a violation of the Open Beta's NDA. Yes, there is one for the open beta. The ubi website already offers some sylvan screenshots, though. What I've seen in the beta doesn't deviate from those as far as I can tell.
by Bandobras Took
28 Jan 2006, 19:58

There were several worthy features in Heroes 4. Simultaneous retaliation was magnificent. I enjoyed the magic system and the skill system in general. The choice of dwellings was great. But because it was such a significant departure from the rest of the series, it needed more time to be appropriatel...
by Bandobras Took
28 Jan 2006, 19:52
Topic: Creature stats
Replies: 39
Views: 18111

Every time a new dwelling is built shuold be a great event for which the player waits some time, collecting resources and playing the game with weak creatures only . The down side, of course, being absolute boredom. If the default is fast build, there are ways to slow it down -- resource-poor maps,...
by Bandobras Took
28 Jan 2006, 19:25

- Balance, the game is really really unbalanced, not only the economic side but also units, spells, and luck is too poweful.. Specifics are needed. Without too many details (NDA and all), does the Haven have an easier time building its town than the Academy? Which units outclass the others of their...
by Bandobras Took
28 Jan 2006, 17:19

Re: Heroes V Impressions: Post yours here

Again, wow, luck is way too good in this game. It seems like it comes a good 50% of the time with certain heroes, in duel mode anyways. I never found this a problem in the other heroes games. Frankly it should be looked at. (Lucky Meteor Showers are no laughing matter.) I get the impression that ce...
by Bandobras Took
28 Jan 2006, 17:11
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H3: Are certain heroes too good?
Replies: 174
Views: 67286

Re: topic

You are all talking about different maps, hence its improbable that you will agree on that. We might be talking about different maps, but when someone comes with claims such as "build capitol first", "choose experience from chests", wants to take a single creature stack into a p...
by Bandobras Took
28 Jan 2006, 08:28
Topic: When you get the game, which town will you play first?
Replies: 65
Views: 27648

Out of curiosity, now that the beta's open, what did everybody play first?

I did Inferno, as I promised to.
by Bandobras Took
28 Jan 2006, 08:25
Topic: questionable originality of certain HOMM5 creatures
Replies: 25
Views: 13219

And at least pulling the dark elf thing is a departure from previous Heroes games, which featured no such race. MM8 did do a great deal with dark elves, but you could still argue that the Dungeon lineup is original within the limits of the Heroes Games themselves.

Go to advanced search