Search found 1019 matches

by Bandobras Took
28 Jan 2006, 08:22
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Creature stats
Replies: 39
Views: 18141

Where getting H3 with newer graphics. Didn't they stress that enough already? What I don't get is why people are stressing over this. H3 was H2 with newer graphics and upgrades for everybody, if you wish to pare it down that far. Simply from the perspective of program an AI, Heroes 3 is a lot simpl...
by Bandobras Took
28 Jan 2006, 08:02
Topic: Heroes V Impressions: Post yours here
Replies: 90
Views: 40977

Further Impressions: Just finished (essentially) a full game; 1 vs 1 map, Inferno vs. Inferno. I upgraded my RAM to match the system requirements. No slowdowns, no disconnections. I won, we clashed in the middle in army vs. army -- no siege combat. His Land Mines and his Balors were particularly nas...
by Bandobras Took
27 Jan 2006, 23:36
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: CRPGs need a new MnM game!
Replies: 15
Views: 12537

The true point of NWN was the toolset. The official campaigns were secondary; I could pull better writing from in between my toes.

What NWN allowed you to do was design your own RPGs. Much like the Heroes strategy games, fan-made adventures are what keeps it alive.
by Bandobras Took
27 Jan 2006, 23:32

Re: Heroes V Impressions: Post yours here

I have played one map thus far, more like part of one as I was kicked out. The best thing that I could notice about the game, in the time that I played, were the graphics. Wow, they are very good. I can only hope that the finished product fixes some stuff, like the slowness, but the little touches ...
by Bandobras Took
27 Jan 2006, 22:36
Topic: What's the point of this beta?
Replies: 18
Views: 11303

Re: What's the point of this beta?

Has anyone even suceeded in finishing a game? All my games and everyone elses I have talked to disconnected rather early into the game. Whats the point of having a open multiplayer only beta when nothing can be tested (and it is already painfull enough to test it in multiplayer). Got the beta last ...
by Bandobras Took
27 Jan 2006, 14:13

My impression: The beta seems to work well, given that I'm using it with only half the required RAM. Played the Inferno, got pasted when I attacked some creatures that turned out to be incorporeal (did anybody else notice that's a feature kept from Heroes IV?) I can't comment on lag or slowness beca...
by Bandobras Took
25 Jan 2006, 14:53
Forum: News
Topic: Please Save Heroes V
Views: 40680

For example, Neverwinter Nights was pushed back by a few years . But when it released, it did what it set out to do -- give players a set of tools so they could build their own RPGs. And whatever one thinks about Blizzard, they tend to release stable, completed games. I was astonished when I first p...
by Bandobras Took
25 Jan 2006, 00:43
Topic: AOH Petition!
Replies: 15
Views: 9102

And this after the other thread complaining about the phrase on Ubi's website: "get your hands on the game months before release."

There's a plural there, the only question is whether that's marketing hype or factual accuracy.
by Bandobras Took
25 Jan 2006, 00:39
Topic: Gamespy preview!
Replies: 28
Views: 12165

Now Id like to read a review from someone that will actually rate the gameplay and compare it objectively to all of the previous HoMM games. That'll probably be impossible until we see some of examples of the strategic AI. Which, as I understand it, isn't in the open beta. About all you could do in...
by Bandobras Took
24 Jan 2006, 14:23
Topic: The place for betaplayers to share info with the masses.
Replies: 49
Views: 14187

Does anybody find it weird that, no matter what the game/developer/reviewer, there are always conspiracy theorists? :) Personally, it sounds like the open beta is already providing valuable information for them -- if it's crashing left and right, hopefully they'll have time to release a finished pro...
by Bandobras Took
23 Jan 2006, 14:53
Topic: System requirements
Replies: 76
Views: 43572

Well, I was going to get more memory for Civ4 anyway . . .
by Bandobras Took
23 Jan 2006, 05:51
Topic: When you get the game, which town will you play first?
Replies: 65
Views: 27677

Re: a55a55in

Hey a55a55in did you know that assassin comes from the word hashishan? THC mon, DMT - look it up on the net its soooooo coooooooool!!!!! - iTeotwawki-sVc Um . . . did you know that off topic comments to a specific person are better limited to PMs? At any rate, the names may need a little definition...
by Bandobras Took
20 Jan 2006, 14:34
Topic: Which M&M do you like best?
Replies: 48
Views: 28733

Seven Forever. The only one I've seen where my choices made a significant difference.
by Bandobras Took
20 Jan 2006, 03:12
Topic: Solo games in Might and Magic games
Replies: 28
Views: 37606

I guess I don't see the point in imposing these restrictions on yourself, when you have to exploit every known trick as well as save/reload in order to complete it. It's simply the knowledge you've done it. That you know the game so well that you can win with a situation the designers thought impos...
by Bandobras Took
17 Jan 2006, 05:16
Topic: Might & Magic X all but assured
Replies: 30
Views: 18839

DaemianLucifer wrote:I thought that dark mesiah was supposed to replace MM.
I thought it was suppposed to replace Crusaders. :)
by Bandobras Took
14 Jan 2006, 16:18
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H3: Are certain heroes too good?
Replies: 174
Views: 67394

Though I've often heard that heroes that start out with diplomacy are also banned:

Ryland, Adela, and Cyra fit under that list, I believe.
by Bandobras Took
14 Jan 2006, 05:14
Topic: Open Beta 19th January!
Replies: 61
Views: 30283

Call me ignorant but... Why would they have copy-protection in an open beta? There's also the point that hackers can use an open beta as a "model" to help them hack into the commercial release. Oh, and as for the original topic, I'm not just excited -- I'm ecstatic! Inferno town, here I c...
by Bandobras Took
11 Jan 2006, 06:28
Topic: When you get the game, which town will you play first?
Replies: 65
Views: 27677

It seems I am once again on the side of the least popular town. Oh, well. Maybe in actual gameplay the Inferno will come out as a winner. I'm definitely going to start with them, though.
by Bandobras Took
09 Jan 2006, 14:56
Topic: Might & Magic "bible" for the new series
Replies: 12
Views: 10612

A Bible? sounds like a fun read, hopefully it will be more fun to read than a normal bible! :proud: "And Moses said unto the Lord: Lord, wherefore hast thou afflicted thy servant? And wherefore have I not found favor in thy sight, that thou layest the burden of all this people on me? Have I co...

Go to advanced search