Search found 1284 matches

by Thelonious
24 Jul 2009, 13:10
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: V For Vendetta...?
Replies: 26
Views: 7181

@ Marzhin: That you still find TT amazing... ;|

Great finding this tidbit though. Don't think they meant to show that... :devious:
by Thelonious
22 Jul 2009, 19:20
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Monkey Island Remake
Replies: 9
Views: 3645

Talin_Trollbane wrote:its nice but the 3d blaha kinda ruined monkey island for me.
Having played it: the 3D graphics are far better than MI 4. And the game still has the MI style. It good. I want the next episode.
by Thelonious
21 Jul 2009, 13:33
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 310600

That's good to hear!
by Thelonious
21 Jul 2009, 13:30
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 138275

an underwater/air town = nice but brings problems. Main problems are that 'normal' towns cannot reach them without aid. That means that they have an adventage. Furthermore (this is specifically for the underwater town though) any units for the underwater town would look plain silly on dry land. Whic...
by Thelonious
19 Jul 2009, 08:56
Forum: News
Topic: Ubisoft Looking for RPG Developer
Views: 7790

Exactly. Although an modable RPG is not very likely...
by Thelonious
18 Jul 2009, 14:11

Re: Ubisoft Looking for RPG Developer

@JSE About JvC: I doubt that UbiSoft would want to ask JvC for ny involvement fter his first decline. And if JvC is a man of principals he would not want involvement this time. Furthermore UbiSoft has it's own universe now, whether we like it or not. JvC has nothign to do with this one. About RPG th...
by Thelonious
16 Jul 2009, 09:57

Re: Ubisoft Looking for RPG Developer

It really does say that... Quite alarming. Quite alarming? I find it eyebrow raising.. that's all. 1.) Have UbiSoft ever considered (and re-considered!) offering this post to *the series' original creator* before publishing this advertisement? They did, remember? They asked JvC whether or not he wa...
by Thelonious
07 May 2009, 21:29
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 138275

I don't get some people wanting better graphics... I'd want a real story, a good editor and a decent engine and AI to make the game enjoyable to play > forget about the graphics I'd choose a pixalated fun game over a eye pleasing 'do I have to like this for the game or the graphics?' game. So that m...
by Thelonious
07 May 2009, 21:22
Topic: UbiSoft Set To Reveal New Titles
Replies: 24
Views: 8084

Yeah but if that's all after (what was it... 2 years?) so long... it's a little weak

they'll probably announce something soon (tm) :devious:
by Thelonious
02 May 2009, 14:59
Topic: [H4 EDITOR] troubleshooting
Replies: 82
Views: 121915

a) Most of my maps are very story-oriented, and I would like it if I somehow forced all of my storyline heroes to be together in the same party. So does anyone know if I could create a condition like that? I think you can't as scripts on armies rarely work... you'd have to place an event on all the...
by Thelonious
26 Apr 2009, 18:03
Forum: Campfire
Topic: In Memoriam...
Replies: 367
Views: 196595

Storm-giant wrote:fathers
sorry can't help to ask if you actually ment fathers
by Thelonious
21 Mar 2009, 16:00
Topic: Good Bye Nival?
Replies: 192
Views: 50837

Still it wasn't balanced...

Anyway, were going far off topic again.

Right now, I don't think the community cares whether there is a new developer or not, as long as HoMM VI is a good game. (and perhaps a new might and magic game gets made)
by Thelonious
19 Mar 2009, 09:41

No HoMM IV certainly wasn't a recreation, but a lot of people felt HoMM IV was bad because of the story, certain gameplay elements and it not being finished and the change in style (If you look at HoMM I to III the style of the graphics is very much the same, albeit with updated colors increased res...
by Thelonious
18 Mar 2009, 21:10

Re: Good Bye Nival?

At least with 3DO we had H2-H4 and they actually progressed with the map editor and game features. Why was their a delineation in progress with H4 to H5? Alot of the gaming features in H4 were not included in H5 (i.e., certain creature abilities, spells, tactical abilities, etc). Is reinvention the...
by Thelonious
12 Mar 2009, 12:42

Ok those features only seem fair. The thing is that everybody is more content with an easy be it with some 'more advanced' features; the hardcore mapmakers will complain that in some way they can't do everything they'd want, but they can do enough to make good maps so they won't complain that much. ...
by Thelonious
09 Mar 2009, 11:17

Re: Good Bye Nival?

or even if Equilibris got involved with H5 and made the necessary mods. Not likely their not doing anything these days (or so it seems) Just like MMT which is also dying. Fan based stuff is good; but it'll never make a crappy game truely great. Though it can do a LOT of good. As for the editor of H...
by Thelonious
09 Mar 2009, 11:06
Topic: [H4] newbie map editor help
Replies: 6
Views: 3187

Aaah the perils of map making... it's always a joy to find something working after a while...
by Thelonious
06 Mar 2009, 22:33
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Diablo III
Replies: 442
Views: 132306

They gotta leave something for players to look out to the comming 10 years...
by Thelonious
06 Mar 2009, 22:32
Topic: [H4] newbie map editor help
Replies: 6
Views: 3187

Have you tried making some text appear under victorious and defeated? Then you know exactly what triggers... I haven't worked with the editor for some time but a quick search into it made me think: perhaps you could look at your script and make sure the marker and script have the same name; I make t...
by Thelonious
02 Mar 2009, 15:11
Forum: Campfire
Topic: [NSFW] Dream guys thread!
Replies: 280
Views: 71747

Ah yes, Simon Baker. I believe he played a minor part in The Devil Wears Prada. He's not too hot imo. He looks weird...and tired.. I happen to see that movie (the end of it) last night, it was on tv. He ws in it, he screeweda *****, 1 time in bed, and after that, something with him getting a job or...

Go to advanced search