Search found 187 matches

by pepak
07 Mar 2007, 13:52
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes Of Might and Magic 4? what the hell was that?
Replies: 49
Views: 12576

Re: Answering My Own Questions ( I bought it)

1. With technology always advancing it's always in the best interest of gamers to get the newest graphics. That's a pretty strong claim. There are a number of examples I could cite where it simply isn't true. For example, pretty much every remake is an example to the opposite. I am sure many people...
by pepak
06 Mar 2007, 08:13
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: HoMM IV campaign: A wish to far
Replies: 34
Views: 10150

If you still want a tester (for Champion difficulty), I would be happy to help.
by pepak
28 Feb 2007, 06:58
Topic: What is the easiest campaign in Heroes IV?
Replies: 63
Views: 26164

I love the Tawni campaign so recently I decided to replay it on hard, but gave up on the first map, because the barbarian player was just too strong, despite my having built the dragon cave. Yikes! :S The key to winning the first map of Tawni campaign on Champion is to skip the Asylum and head dire...
by pepak
28 Feb 2007, 06:56
Topic: What is the easiest campaign in Heroes IV?
Replies: 63
Views: 26164

I don't know; I think a case could be made for Academy, as the infamous second map of the Haven campaign has stopped quite a few would-be heroes. But when you think about it, the second map wasn't actually difficult. The reason it stopped so many people was that it played completely differently fro...
by pepak
23 Feb 2007, 06:32
Topic: HOMM4: What do you carry into battle?
Replies: 10
Views: 3378

Well, I only need two: Hideous Mask and Halberd of the Swiftwatch. The others won't really be necessary, but if I really have to take them, it will be Neener's Invulnerable Cloak, Breastplate of Regeneration and Boots of Travel.
by pepak
18 Feb 2007, 15:02
Topic: Heroes Of Might and Magic 4? what the hell was that?
Replies: 49
Views: 12576

Re: Heroes Of Might and Magic 4? what the hell was that?

MoNoXiDeBlue wrote:Was the story line any good?
By far the best in all Heroes games, and one of the best in all strategic games.
by pepak
15 Feb 2007, 11:43
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Alone in the universe?
Replies: 108
Views: 26552

I think it's quite likely there are many forms of intelligent species in the universe, but: 1) I very much doubt we will ever meet simply because the distances are too great. 2) I am not quite sure we would be able to actually recognize intelligent species even if we did meet. We are rather poorly e...
by pepak
22 Jan 2007, 18:54
Topic: HOMM4: Million-GP Auction
Replies: 2676
Views: 407637

Why? The Hideous Mask would allow better, unretaliated melee attacks. Comparing the 2 in different fights to see which one is better: - slow walkers - equal - fast walkers - hideous mask - ranged - halberd - casters - halberd - flyers - hideous mask - undead - halberd - mechanical - halberd - mixed...
by pepak
22 Jan 2007, 06:21
Topic: overlapping artifacts
Replies: 4
Views: 2130

Only the hero with the highest total percentage bonus applies. It does not matter how the bonus is achieved (skills, artifacts, spells?), as long as the total is higher than with other living heroes, that total is applied. So giving your shields to anyone else except your best tactics hero is a wast...
by pepak
19 Jan 2007, 10:26

Hideous Mask - I certainly feel this one overpriced. It's a superb artifact but not the best in the entire game, and there are other ways to beating neutrals. Not the way I see it. Actually, I am quite happy with my selection, although I would have liked to get a Halberd of the Swiftwatch as well. ...
by pepak
19 Jan 2007, 06:22

Well well well. Look at my loot! Apprentice's Handbook, Treasure, Left Hand, 500 At this price, it's a steal. I actually consider this book the best one - it is fairly simple to get enough Basic Magics to make it extremely useful, even for my barbarians. Hideous Mask, Minor, Head, 27310 The best art...
by pepak
16 Jan 2007, 19:45

Let's pool our gold, Kalah. I will donate my 73 GP in exchange for one spell from the book.
by pepak
16 Jan 2007, 12:08
Topic: Favourite Soundtrack
Replies: 39
Views: 15517

Still, the music in most of these games far suprasses that in other games. Well, I do have two gripes with Heroes music in general: 1) I simply hate the "contextual music" of Heroes. I hate it that I hear one theme for a second or two, then move over different terrain or display a town sc...
by pepak
10 Jan 2007, 15:38
Topic: Conceptiually best heroes game?
Replies: 193
Views: 43282

Grandmaster Combat is 5 levels and gives your hero a base defense of 60. Even if you put in a couple levels of MR for good measure that leaves enough levels to excel in one magical area. Combine that with some Life Potions and voila. This is rather basic stuff which should be obvious. No, it is not...
by pepak
10 Jan 2007, 01:50

Simply put, a level 1 unit has no place in your army (except maybe Halflings). This makes one third of your available units a waste (and this is CONCEPTUAL). You know, you might try to state your opinions as opinions and not as facts. Maybe people will be less inclined to disagree with you then. Fo...
by pepak
08 Jan 2007, 19:39
Topic: your avatars
Replies: 70
Views: 17998

12 KB? Maybe I should look into creating an animated avatar for myself. You can guess what the animation would be.
by pepak
08 Jan 2007, 11:18

The poll asks for the "conceptionally" best Heroes game, and I, too, cannot understand why so many people voted H 4: H 4 clearly has the worst concept of them all Clearly any use of the word of "clearly" means that there is no other argument than a subjective one. I think quite ...
by pepak
07 Jan 2007, 09:54
Topic: Hero class specialization
Replies: 9
Views: 3968

Re: Hero class specialization

Is it worth waiting with skills selections to build toward specific classes? It depends. Many advanced classes are pretty much worthless, but some of them have such a nice bonuses it is worth preserving them, even if it means passing up free advancements. Among such classes are Paladin (Life+Combat...
by pepak
05 Jan 2007, 20:13

Poor Kalah! A giant Scarabeus has bitten into his neck!
by pepak
05 Jan 2007, 05:44

Hmm, there seems to be a shortage of items available for 73 GP. I guess I'll have to watch only from now on...

Go to advanced search