Search found 187 matches

by pepak
May 25 2007, 15:59
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Looking backward: First impressions on HoMM4
Replies: 318
Views: 73568

Re: Order of the day: up to the alliance

I think that one hero, alone, no matter how strong, should not be able to take out 100 hydra by himself (and yes, I did this, although it may only have been 80 - there were 4 stacks of between 20 and 30 each; 100 is the average) Wait till you get Poison spell - L2 Necromancers rule the game :-) The...
by pepak
May 18 2007, 17:52

Re: Order of the day (Order map 1)

But it wastes one of your turns in combat, potions don't. Divine Intervention is more useful imo. Still a better-spent resource than five level upgrades wasted on Resurrection, whose only purpose is to recover one half of creatures that died because you didn't invest those same five level ups into ...
by pepak
May 17 2007, 12:05

Sauron wrote:You learn new things about this game every day, don't you HP?

I bet that there are still many of those who don't know that they can change the names of heroes in taverns :)

Was just about to mention it :-)
by pepak
May 15 2007, 5:22

Re: No update yet...

HodgePodge wrote:Except in Heroes IV there isn't anyway to dismiss a Hero.

Did you actually read my post at the top of this page?
by pepak
May 13 2007, 18:16

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:So, a hero in a garrison (or otherwise not in one of the active armies) doesn't count? That's good to know. I forget if previous Heroes games count them.

I never said that. I said a dismissed hero doesn't count, a hero in sanctuary doesn't count and possibly hero in a mine doesn't count.
by pepak
May 12 2007, 20:02

However, this does pose the question: which hero is considered strongest in H4? Highest level? highest stats? most skills? most advanced class? Depends on who does the considering, the map, the purpose of the hero etc. The game only considers level. However, should I dismiss extra heroes (if possib...
by pepak
May 6 2007, 15:32
Topic: H4: Strategy, tactics and hints
Replies: 52
Views: 8620

Re: The true blade

2. What is to be done to get the heroes to the maximum level allowed? Use the available enhancers wisely (I don't quite recall if there are any Trees of Knowledge in the first scenario, but if they are, don't use them before you are at level (18-number of trees)). I've never found one in the first ...
by pepak
May 3 2007, 21:08

Good idea about skipping the Chaos town and heading straight for the barbarian town. I guess I hadn't thought of doing that because I expected that town to be too strong for my starting army. The same trick applies to the Winds of War Barbarian campaign. (and no access to lvl 3 troops in the first ...
by pepak
May 3 2007, 19:31

You did? However did you conquer the first town? My sad little array of pirates and rogues, as well as two weakling heroes, was quickly trodden down into the dirt by a strong defense of minotaurs, orcs and rogues. That's quite easy! Just skip the neutral town and go directly for the opponent's Barb...
by pepak
May 3 2007, 13:51

I have no problem on default difficlty and one more, but with the highest two levels i have serious problems. In the semi-highest i sometimes get through, sometimes not, in the highest difficulty level never. Although of course it would be possible to wait some time to accumulate enough moncs and c...
by pepak
May 3 2007, 13:09

Nightmares won't cast Terror on Proetho because Proetho has GM Resistance, and even if he doesn't, he is hidden behind the Efreeti so the Nightmares don't have a line-of-sight on him. Huh? Where do you get efreeti from? (You could block line of sight with a few of the recruitable creatures on the m...
by pepak
May 3 2007, 12:48

Well, i think, it would be possible to beat those stacks. But you need much potion of immortality and luck. Not really. You just need a good tactics. For example, you can simply keep shooting them while Proetho keeps them neutralized with a Song of Peace. The effreeti attack and kill Lysander. Lysa...
by pepak
May 2 2007, 18:29

I started several campaigns but never get interested enough to continue. On the other hand custom maps are ideal choice. These got me :D The campaigns (all supplied maps, in fact) are pretty poor from gameplay point of view, but the campaigns in the basic game have excellent storylines. I just love...
by pepak
May 2 2007, 18:25

There is no potion of imortality in that scenario, Yes, there is. Keep restarting the scenario until the Blacksmith gives you a PoI instead of a less useful potion... and i got there several stacks of water elementals of which each of them killed a hero right away in the first strike, each of them ...
by pepak
May 2 2007, 18:22

Over time those stacks grow. Does such a grown stack give more XP? Yes, of course, At a given difficulty, each creature gives you a fixed amount of experience points. If a stack grows, so does the experience gained. Which is why My Brother's Keeper is so much more difficult on Advanced difficulty t...
by pepak
May 2 2007, 18:17

1. For what purpose is the purple keymaster tent found behind the quest quard which lets only Lysander and Proetho together pass? To force the player to play the scenario in a given order - first defeat the Venom Spawn, then release Proetho, then continue with other quests. 2. What is to be done to...
by pepak
Apr 25 2007, 9:51
Topic: Heroes Of Might and Magic 4? what the hell was that?
Replies: 49
Views: 7734

Metathron wrote:They do indeed stack and the result is indeed awesome. :-D Dragon Strength is one of my favourite level 5 spells, it's just so much fun!

Especially if your opponent is a Level 1 Necromancer with Cancellation :-)
by pepak
Apr 24 2007, 17:34

And I seriously can't understand how you can like the HIV graphics better then those of Heroes II, III or V. It's completely mindboggling. Could it be that I have different preferences than you do? Am I a sicko or what? Since you like heroes in combat I suppose you're a fan of the M&M series an...
by pepak
Apr 23 2007, 19:58

The graphics was ugly and the first thing I thought of when I saw it was 'plastic toy'. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I liked H4 graphics more than any other Heroes'. The animations was laughably bad which worsened the combat. Couldn't care less, really. I grew up on games where "animation"...
by pepak
Mar 19 2007, 21:55
Topic: HOMM4: What do you carry into battle?
Replies: 10
Views: 2176

gravyluvr wrote:My five items are likely...

Halberd of the Swiftwatch
Hideous Mask
Ring of Permanency
Boots of Travel
Amulet of Fear

AFAIK Halberd of the Swiftwatch and Hideous Mask each grant you the bonus an Amulet of Fear gives, so AoF seems a waste of a slot to me.

Go to advanced search