Search found 187 matches

by pepak
19 Nov 2007, 13:01
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Who wrote the original HIV campaigns storyline?
Replies: 31
Views: 10955

Reduced to the pure-plot level, all the H4 stories are pretty straightforward. In fact, there are very few video game storylines that are not dull when reduced down to such a level. I wonder why the emphasis on "video game" - pretty much the same thing could be said about almost all movie...
by pepak
08 Nov 2007, 05:50
Topic: Most important factor in games
Replies: 46
Views: 12864

PhoenixReborn wrote:Do people play with timed turns? That's new to me.
I don't: If I wanted to play an action game, I would start up Unreal Tournament or Warcraft III.
by pepak
06 Nov 2007, 17:54
Topic: Heroes IV Soundtrack CD
Replies: 11
Views: 8601

Yeah, those thieving bastards are insane. I mean, come on, do they really expect people to pay 1 GBP? http://cgi.ebay.com/HEROES-OF-MIGHT-AND-MAGIC-IV-4-Soundtrack-Music-CD_W0QQitemZ300164103946QQihZ020QQcategoryZ11050QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (this item is completed, but H4 appears quit...
by pepak
04 Nov 2007, 13:42

Even in pepak's example the diff in skill are obvious, he was able to get 5 GM heroes while the other guy had what, one? That's like Zergling rushing someone and finding out he only build 2 Probes when you get here... Actually, the player was pretty good. The difference in the strength of the armie...
by pepak
04 Nov 2007, 08:17

But how much faster?! Remember that you can only build once a day... that puts a cap on how many extra resources you'll need. Well, let me cite an example. I was playing Heart of Winter against another player. That player was progressing in the normal fashion, building his towns, buying creatures a...
by pepak
03 Nov 2007, 17:00
Topic: A question about the Nature campaign
Replies: 21
Views: 9287

Trust pepak to come up with insane scores. :) Actually, apart from The True Blade all of these scores come from my first encounter with the game, before I even knew what I am doing. I am sure all of them could get improved by at least 25%. oh no WONDER my scores are so low! i for one am an absolute...
by pepak
03 Nov 2007, 06:15

got any tips people what i usually do is to not hire any heroes other than elwin himself and then have him go around the map all by himself. i usually finish each map in 3-4 months and with armies around the 25+ level 4 creatures range and this is for advanced difficulty. so what do you do? Look at...
by pepak
03 Nov 2007, 06:13

except that i don't like cheating... by the way what are some of the scores that you got on this campaign? The True Blade ... 4530 Glory of Days Past ... 4930 The Price of Peace ... 4370 Elwin and Shaera ... 5020 Half-Dead ... 5465 A Pirate's Daughter ... 5295 Masters of Magic ... 4670 Opposites At...
by pepak
28 Oct 2007, 16:55
Topic: Is this normal? (Two questions in H4)
Replies: 3
Views: 2547

Re: Is this normal? (Two questions in H4)

1. I never seem to get a very high score. Look at the page Banedon supplied. It lists all factors which influence the score. After that, it is just the matter of maximizing your score. You need to check a map carefully and decide, what is reachable (and/or worthwhile) and focusing on that. For exam...
by pepak
24 Oct 2007, 09:50
Topic: Losing heroes of Might and magic savegames
Replies: 18
Views: 6156

That won't help you when (notice: "when", not "if") your harddisk dies. Let's say I don't feel all that comfortable even with RAID5 and two backups (external harddisk and a DVD). I aim for three external harddisks (one at home, one in a bank's security box, one in a different tow...
by pepak
26 Sep 2007, 18:37
Topic: where can i download heroes iv music?
Replies: 4
Views: 2300

I noticed that one of the tracks in H4 is background music from warlords battlecry. I guess ubi wanted cheap music and took it from their other game. :) Well, it's not all that unusual. The most famous and memorable theme from Baldur's Gate is an exact copy of Henry Mancini's Lifeforce. One of the ...
by pepak
30 Aug 2007, 14:37
Topic: Back to H IV
Replies: 53
Views: 13029

Yeah, Sumon Imp seems a bit too strong compared to all other Summon * spells. Nah, the game's single best summon spell is probably Summon Leprechaun, followed closely by Summon Water Elemental :) In terms of usefulness, yes (though I would have reversed them). In terms of "hitpoints per spellp...
by pepak
29 Aug 2007, 05:01
Topic: Back to H IV
Replies: 53
Views: 13029

Yeah, Sumon Imp seems a bit too strong compared to all other Summon * spells.
by pepak
01 Aug 2007, 04:42
Topic: I have a question on "A Pirate's Daughter" campaig
Replies: 6
Views: 3883

If you move faster and/or focus on training Tawni in Combat rather than Scouting, the map (and the whole campaign, in fact) will be much easier.
by pepak
14 Jul 2007, 13:45
Topic: H4: Strategy, tactics and hints
Replies: 52
Views: 14835

Pepak, I'm really interested in how you plan on beating the Wearjak 1st scenario WITHOUT retries or any reloads. So no fixing of what arties and stuff you get, assume the worst case scenario. Probably I won't make it, but I think with the knowledge of game's mechanisms I have today, I can realistic...
by pepak
14 Jul 2007, 13:43
Topic: Draconic walkthrough
Replies: 7
Views: 7889

Re: Is Draconic that fun?

I've played most of the best user-made scenarios on H4. But Draconic stumps me. I'm finding it fairly ok on Advanced, but it's a huge map and there doesn't seem to be any storyline. Pretty much true. Draconic excels in graphic design (both the minimap and the actual adventure map) and contains some...
by pepak
03 Jul 2007, 14:39
Topic: Hero portraits through the games [PICTURES!]
Replies: 78
Views: 19572

Humakt wrote:Town graphics and some unit graphics are lacking, but IMO adventure map graphics are best of the HoMM series.
Same here. I am somewhat of a tree freak and some of the forests in H4 easily beat anything I have seen in any other game.
by pepak
26 Jun 2007, 19:13
Topic: Draconic walkthrough
Replies: 7
Views: 7889

You shouldn't encounter any problems with Draconic. The map is fairly straightforward, you just keep going ahead. It's worth spending gold to upgrade your heroes in the "city area" (to the SE, if I remember correctly).
by pepak
23 Jun 2007, 16:34
Topic: Heroes 4 campaign difficulty question
Replies: 3
Views: 2671

As long as mapmaker doesn't spend extra effort to modify AI behavior, higher difficulty only influences the strength of neutral units (which in effect leads to reduced power of "colored" AI). As far as I know, no 3DO-supplied map makes any allowances for higher difficulties.
by pepak
11 Jun 2007, 09:35
Topic: Looking backward: First impressions on HoMM4
Replies: 318
Views: 107102

gravyluvr wrote:The only place where I like the extra skill is for Necro...
Other than that I try to avoid the last skill like the plague!
Barbarian, too?

Luck is rather useful as well, as long as you consider Tactics useful.

Go to advanced search