Search found 320 matches

by csarmi
12 Jul 2006, 12:24
Forum: Articles
Topic: Infiltrate the Dungeon Campaign
Replies: 34
Views: 16249

The Warlock → The Clanlord

I'm building a renegade warlock as well. Logistics, attack, defense, summoning, sorcery :)
by csarmi
12 Jul 2006, 07:22
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: druids, magi (waters, pits)
Replies: 9
Views: 3226

druids, magi (waters, pits)

I guess the question should be obvious.

You spot lots of druids/elders/magi/archmagi.

Under what circumstances would you attack them confidently? What kind of heroes? What kind of armies? How to fight?

How to fight water elementals/pit fiends/pit lords? What's the difference?
by csarmi
12 Jul 2006, 06:12
Topic: The little things you miss from previous HOMM games
Replies: 104
Views: 25748

you can say what you will, but H4 was a disaster. ok, the graphics was nice (even nicer imho than H5). but to change the rules in that way was like... i can't explain the foolishness. imagine changing movement rules for peons in chess, a total disaster. H3 was a true STRATEGY. there were legitimate...
by csarmi
12 Jul 2006, 05:46

I only talked on-topic in this thread. I think I'm still going to get most of the mines and resources, probably even the druid elders will be killed (I have tactics + grim raiders + blood furies). I cannot afford castle or Citadel though. I can build it, but then I won't be able to buy the creatures...
by csarmi
11 Jul 2006, 20:24

I hate this map. :(

Archers are everywhere where tehy shouldn't be.. and of course the gold mine is guarded by lots of elder druids, which are close to impossible to fight. Actually, I have 3 stacks of elder druids, 1 stack of magi and 1 stack of liches ...

it's like game over I guess
by csarmi
11 Jul 2006, 09:19

Actually, the Blood Maiden dwelling can't be taken too fast... it is guarded by horde of steel golems and lots of minotaurs (both have to be defeated)... okay blood furies might help here (the golems can be hit and run)... Okay I took it fast by abusing Blood Furies and the scout dwelling too. The g...
by csarmi
11 Jul 2006, 07:47

I'm not about to play any heroes game without logistics. Speed is everything.
by csarmi
11 Jul 2006, 01:17
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: [HOMM4] Beasts of The Nature: Strategies and Tactics
Replies: 40
Views: 15498

Mantises are usually more practical, but yes, waters let you win fights insane odds. On campaign maps I won countless of fights by just having the summon waters spell... or some maps just having some waters, low level hero and sprites by massing quicksand. Flyers can be stopped by bind flyer and som...
by csarmi
11 Jul 2006, 01:04
Topic: Sigh (Tieru)
Views: 9751

Sorry, not getting more memory. In the meantime, I read into the text files in the pak... But I could only find some of the texts. Usually the startup texts and the conversations during the map. Where can I find the rest? For carryover I was asking cause I finally just downloaded a save... and since...
by csarmi
10 Jul 2006, 14:14
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Attn: Modders
Replies: 16
Views: 8325

I think Gargoyles rock as well.
by csarmi
10 Jul 2006, 13:27
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: question to modders - performance
Replies: 3
Views: 3491

question to modders - performance

Hi all! I'm playing the game on 256mb memory and it won't change anytime soon. So I often get crappy framerates, save and load takes forever, going into castles takes long and sometimes switching between heroes too (because the game tries to move the camera between the two hero positions smoothly). ...
by csarmi
10 Jul 2006, 13:08
Topic: Is there any way to remove 'Week of The .....' feature ?
Replies: 38
Views: 9695

Wow this PAK files are full of treasures :)

Actually, I can continue my campaign now, i only have to modifiy the weeks and reload my save rom last week.

But I can change much more... it's a huge work though.
by csarmi
10 Jul 2006, 12:10

There is: you backup it (I'd never change game files without backing them up unless I know for 100% what works and how).
by csarmi
10 Jul 2006, 11:40
Topic: Heroes III: Monster vs Monster
Replies: 12
Views: 8155

Level 7: 10 vs 10, heroes have 0 attack 0 defense and both sides play to their best Arch Angels kill everything (behemoths sometimes close fight) Arch Devils kill everything but Archangel (close fight with Blackies) Blackies, Behemoths, Titans and and Gold Dragons pretty close to each other Chaos Hy...
by csarmi
10 Jul 2006, 11:19
Topic: Balance Between Factions In HoMM 2-4?
Replies: 83
Views: 29085

In heroes 3 necro and conflux are overpowered (a lot)... usually no one can compete with them. The rest are okay. In heroes 4 (original) death is insanely overpowered. So much overpowered it's not funny. No one can compete with them unless playing on special maps with special rules. They raise vampi...
by csarmi
10 Jul 2006, 11:12
Topic: [HOMM4] Beasts of The Nature: Strategies and Tactics
Replies: 40
Views: 15498

Re: [HOMM4] Beasts of The Nature: Strategies and Tactics

This discussion thread is dedicated to HOMM4 game-play - specifically in the Nature town. This is for those who either still play HOMM4, are just getting into it thanks to the inclusion of your recent HOMM5 version, or all-time fans. Note: Please use EQ if you are taking about Equilibris (HOMM4 pla...
by csarmi
10 Jul 2006, 11:05

Sikon, is it enough to place a file into the data directory, or have to change the file in the PAK file directly?
by csarmi
09 Jul 2006, 22:14
Topic: Sigh (Tieru)
Views: 9751

Well since it's full of spoilers already, can someone tell me what happens at the end of this campaign (meeting Tieru?) and tell me what kind of heroes carry over to what campaigns, etc... can do it in email or pm even. I'm playing on 256mb memory and cutscenes take ages to load and such so I never ...
by csarmi
09 Jul 2006, 19:15
Topic: Things less known
Replies: 21
Views: 8918

Actually, any 4/5 moving creature can be hit and run provided you have enough initiative advantage and time. And that the opponent can't get morale, or at least won't get it too often. It doesn't really matter how many groups they have. Or at least not much. Just use more than 1 fodder for safety an...
by csarmi
09 Jul 2006, 17:44

I got week of the festival with 1610 gold left on week 3 on the 4th inferno map. Okay, I'll still win since I captured all the green castles on the surface (except the ultimate one), but this is not funny at all. That's 77k gold and 14 of all precious resources right out the window. It killed all th...

Go to advanced search