Search found 320 matches

by csarmi
10 Jan 2006, 09:29
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Tactics = IMBA
Replies: 118
Views: 44643

At level 8 there is no mass cancel. You were given cancel and dispel, of course. And it was your army... sorcerers (as you told me), death knight (as you told me), black dragons (as you told me). I even tried placing extra heroes into your army, to no avail. And I placed 9 knights only. The point wa...
by csarmi
10 Jan 2006, 09:26
Topic: HOMM 4: How do I beat my friend online, Life vs Chaos!?
Replies: 61
Views: 35374

You must note that if everyone follows you and places all forms of altars around, every race is equal to everyone else. Not at all. Chaos still has a headstart on pathfinding (he actually starts with scouting and reaches it easier -- with the other having combat already, he shall have bad choices o...
by csarmi
09 Jan 2006, 21:55

Re: +

We don't like rushing eachother and forcing a conflict before we can actually do anything on the map. If that means we're bad players, then fine. You don't have to rush each other. If you play closed style, that's fine. But still, the one to complete its side faster is able to take the centre, that...
by csarmi
09 Jan 2006, 16:21

you
by csarmi
09 Jan 2006, 13:56

+

>Instead of blaming the map, you can (and perhaps should) attribute this >to Chaos's inherent advantage - they can build Thieves, other races >can't. Placing Scouting altars all over evens things, but it also removes >this advantage that Chaos should rightfully hold. No, it doesn't work like that. I...
by csarmi
09 Jan 2006, 09:05

No, if you drop disintegrate, you are going to lose the fight. Especially if I go the old-fashioned way and get two GM life casters instead of a Monk+Pala. And your level 8-9 army is simply a bad one, that's why it loses. Mass chaos casters are not that effective, especially at those levels. My army...
by csarmi
08 Jan 2006, 22:25

answers

always gold from tests (maybe XP if that gives you something crucial, such as GM pathfinding or that expert nature magic you were waiting for to summon waters)

as for your other questions, I am not sure
use the map editor to test it
by csarmi
08 Jan 2006, 20:59

statements

Just keep on with these rediculous statements (build warden, only 3 heroes is reasonable, etc.)...

Sad, because you seem to have some good ideas. But you won't get anywhere with it in serious MP.
by csarmi
08 Jan 2006, 19:25

ToH

If it's from the ToH map page, then probably the little modification I told you will balance it.
by csarmi
08 Jan 2006, 15:04

the last things to add to hero

Warden would look really cool, but you can't afford not to concentrate on combat and resists. The only exception is maybe going for the Crusader cast, since always 10 morale is a huge bonus. So you end up with beastmasters, assasins, fireguards, battle magi and paladins. YEs, beastmaster and battle ...
by csarmi
08 Jan 2006, 13:04

Of course the 4 gm armies defeat me, but not because of the dragons: because of the mass cancel and getting disintegrate is lucky too. Of course I can counter it if my scouts tell me in time, but not with this type of army. I imprison your thieves, that's how I handle it. I don't really understand b...
by csarmi
08 Jan 2006, 11:25

>>That seems odd. If I'm hearing you correctly, you are saying that >>there are many aspects of the game that have -no- usefulness, in any >>situation. I'd be interested to hear what else you think is ignorable. Well, you can make a useless statement like "everything has its usefulness". T...
by csarmi
07 Jan 2006, 16:30

You still fail to see that any XP you take with your non-main heroes is a waste. Now getting to level 7 thief is a huge investment. I will have that xp too, but I shall use it well.
by csarmi
07 Jan 2006, 16:13

Re: res

Resurrection is a waste. First, it costs too much. OK, maybe if you get it absolutely free AFTER your hero is on GM life already, take it. But not before that! It might prevent you (indirectly, by giving you a wrong 3-choice) from getting good skills. So the cost is double: you don't get closer to G...
by csarmi
07 Jan 2006, 10:43

>>I must respectfully disagree. Almost everything in the game has >>usefulness, in one way or another. Not really. >>Besides, you can make a hero focussed on Summoning skill, and have >>another Nature hero for spells. That's just a waste, in my opinion, even in equilibris. It produces a few creature...
by csarmi
07 Jan 2006, 10:38

Getting expert stealth is about the worst thing you can do. You waste a lot of XP for a crappy skill. It will never pay off. With that effort you can get to GM pathfinding which is much better. What I said was that I can go to your BD dwelling with 9-10 knights easily while you have 2 black dragons....
by csarmi
07 Jan 2006, 01:29

Heroes are always good in battle. Usually better than any level 1-3 stack you can have and almost ALWAYS better than any level 1-2 stack. They can do lots of things even if they have no magic: -throw potions -use wands -fire slowing/stunning/whatever arrow -distracting -taking retal and the pathfind...
by csarmi
06 Jan 2006, 13:05
Forum: News
Topic: It's Here: The New Round Table
Replies: 38
Views: 17627

confused

I have only one thing to ask: How on earth should I have learned of this new forum?! I couldn't see it coming, did not see any posts, topics, anything on the other forum informing me of the move. If Banedon did not send me a private message (regarding some posts and giving links), I would have never...
by csarmi
06 Jan 2006, 11:19

Kaezin, you are on the right path. Just try to get even more heroes, at least 4, in most cases 5 (that's in your main army) and of course keep buying more, heroes are always useful. As I get from your messages, you end up with 3 level 16-18 heroes. You could end up with 5 level 12-15 heroes and be m...
by csarmi
06 Jan 2006, 11:13

quick reply

Guardian angel is a level 4 spell in equilibris. You may take a level 15 barbarian with infinite potions and such. Even make me not having dispel. My army easily beats it. Without losses (i have to use up spellpoints though). For blackie/knights number: I just sit my main army on your blackie dwelli...

Go to advanced search