Search found 70 matches

by cuc
03 Feb 2012, 09:46
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes I-IV Edition Guide / Autorun Screen Gallery
Replies: 58
Views: 77649

This makes me wonder, do the expansions check for Bink files? If I was to add the missing Bink files to the resource files, would the game use those, or would it use the Smacker ones regardless? No, I've tried this. Which videos to play isn't defined in any of the .txt files, so it's hardcoded in t...
by cuc
31 Jan 2012, 15:36

A reminder: RSBinkPlayer doesn't play EVIL2D.BIK (RoE Necromancer, fourth cutscene) and H3X2_UAM.BIK (SoD ending) perfectly. ============== First of all, to state the obvious in case anyone doesn't remember what PCs were like in 1999: The original purpose of H3's video quality option was to improve ...
by cuc
30 Jan 2012, 14:25

I haven't tested with RoE in a long time, and can't do it now. I do have kept notes of changes in H3 VIDEO.VID cutscenes, and will post it to this thread when I have the time. Before that, you can test using two verifiable examples: -The Bink NWC logo is actually at a lower resolution than the Smack...
by cuc
30 Jan 2012, 09:13

Heroes 3's Bink files are in an obsolete beta version format, unsupported by the current RAD Game Tools. You can play them using Grayface's RSBinkPlayer.

http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/wog
or
http://wog.celestialheavens.com/en/download/utilities/
by cuc
13 Dec 2011, 16:03
Forum: News
Topic: Romero Concert in Hungary
Replies: 7
Views: 5013

Romero Concert in Hungary

From the game manual:

Classical Guitar: Frank Simes

Harpiscord: Paul Romero

So it's not all MIDI.
by cuc
11 Dec 2011, 13:30
Forum: News
Topic: Romero Concert in Hungary
Replies: 7
Views: 5013

Romero Concert in Hungary

>I loved hearing the Barbarian's Song from one on something other than a midi :-)

If I understand it correctly that song in H1, at least the main harpiscord component, is not MIDI, but played by Paul himself.
by cuc
10 Dec 2011, 06:21
Topic: H4: Is this possible?
Replies: 46
Views: 54117

Good job, AKuHAK! You solved all the music problems in one swoop! Admins, would you host AKuHAK's small mod file on CH itself? Files uploaded to Depositfiles are not permanent, and I think he has made a valuable contribution. Step 3 Return into hex editor and add such 13 bytes into beginning of file...
by cuc
10 Dec 2011, 05:28

Audiere.dll? Oh, you are talking about a fan patch made using an open-source API, but not everyone has heard of it. For example, I only vaguely remember seeing two such patches before. Would you write a full guide on this patch, including where to find it and how to configure it, preferably in anoth...
by cuc
02 Dec 2011, 11:49

Bersaglio wrote:Are you sure that this is not a Soldout 2001 version?
I'm completely sure this is a 3DO release.
by cuc
02 Dec 2011, 10:27

There is a v1.1 official release of Heroes II TSW. Its main difference from the first release is it contains a demo version for 3DO's game cheating app. I wouldn't be surprised if such official re-releases of base games exist. Heroes III Complete at least one map from the original game is missing, f...
by cuc
30 Oct 2011, 18:00
Topic: The creature upgrades in Heroes II are not chaotic
Replies: 2
Views: 2187

The creature upgrades in Heroes II are not chaotic

People often mention "chaotic unit upgrades" as one of the interesting features of H2. But when I actually put my thought to it a few years ago, I realized there is definitely a logic (other than that of game balance) behind H2's choice of unit upgrades. First of all, set aside the two obv...
by cuc
22 Jul 2011, 05:39
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Clash of Heroes HD coming to PC
Replies: 38
Views: 17333

Clash of Heroes HD coming to PC

That's great news, because now even people without consoles can play it (I understand that there are many on the Round Table forum), and it still is a brilliant game, the overall best game set in Ashan so far. This is a straight port of the console downloadable version, which improved upon the DS ve...
by cuc
11 Jul 2011, 00:24
Topic: Strange discoveries about Heroes IV OST CD and Heroes II
Replies: 21
Views: 24939

"Wandering" is actually in the installed game files: you can extract it with ResEdit. It's just unused due to mangled programming. What? That's quite the news to me. I'm very sure there's no "Wandering" in music.h4r. Do you mean it's in another data file? and as far as I know, t...
by cuc
07 Jul 2011, 08:12
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: AI in Heroes IV
Replies: 20
Views: 21091

The rights to the source code is in the hands of Ubisoft (whether they actually have it is another matter). People have tried to ask Ubisoft to release the source code of their Jade Engine (used by Beyond Good and Evil, Sands of Time etc), and Ubisoft said they would not consider releasing any sourc...
by cuc
07 Jul 2011, 06:19
Topic: Heroes Chronicles added on Good Old Games.com!
Replies: 40
Views: 19086

The manual comes from Clash of the Dragons and in very poor quality.
Is it the same scan as seen on Replacement Docs here?
http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.6825
by cuc
07 Jul 2011, 06:15
Topic: Heroes live action fan video
Replies: 0
Views: 1104

Heroes live action fan video

I haven't had time to watch it, but people say for a fan video, it's not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1TC28zZ11A
by cuc
03 Jul 2011, 01:22
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Any programmer interested in decrypting the .orc files?
Replies: 4
Views: 4213

Any programmer interested in decrypting the .orc files?

Now that people have got their beta clients, we can see the game data files are in .orc packs. Previous Black Hole games' data files are .ork packs, for which the extraction tool orkdec can be found here . In this format, each file is encrypted using its own file name as key, and a list of all file ...
by cuc
20 Jun 2011, 17:24
Topic: Looking for specific peice of music from homm3 / mm6
Replies: 9
Views: 5347

Got it. The piano part at the beginning of TSW's Knight theme comes from the first variation in Bach's Goldberg Variations, Variatio 1. a 1 Clav. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdVw9OOw04s&feature=BFa&list=PLB7AE736D681ADF98&index=2 EDIT: People already mentioned it on this forum: https:...
by cuc
20 Jun 2011, 14:00

Here's a full list of MIDI files in HEROES2.AGG. You can see how messed up it is. File Name Should be... Actually is... ============================================== MIDI0002.XMI Combat music CD Track 4, combat music MIDI0003.XMI Combat music Same as above MIDI0004.XMI Combat music CD Track 3, comb...
by cuc
20 Jun 2011, 13:35

Re: Copy Protection

Dispelling the myths about the copy protection. Thank you for this detailed info! I will update the article when I have time. questions H1DOS music files are in the same format as H1 and H2's sound effect files: PCM raw data. They can be opened using any audio tools. I can't tell if there's any rea...

Go to advanced search