Search found 935 matches

by Yurian Stonebow
Dec 7 2007, 19:14
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Evil Eye Evolution
Replies: 22
Views: 11346

Help me, Rhonda! I can't decide! Oh well, the Evil Eyes from Heroes III are so Fun Fun Fun that I give them my vote. On a related note, Mr. Mussolini believed that the unlucky King of Spain, Alfonso XIII had the evil eye and even refused to meet him in person when the Spanish King visited Italy in t...
by Yurian Stonebow
Dec 7 2007, 19:02
Topic: Five new maps coming up - testers needed
Replies: 57
Views: 7212

December 7th, 2007 I'm proud to announce that "Dark Elves!" Co-operation map for Heroes III:SoD has been released. What pleases me most is the fact that unbeknownst to them, the CH staff published the map on Dec 6th, the 90th Independence Day of Finland, my beloved home country. This calls for a joy...
by Yurian Stonebow
Dec 2 2007, 19:55

I'm sorry for not giving Pol the credit that belongs to him... It somehow escaped my attention that he is the co-owner of the map archives website. Sorry, Pol. My bad. Now that the map is finished, can you host the map at your website? If yes, I'll send you the map early this week. Thanks in advance...
by Yurian Stonebow
Dec 1 2007, 22:59

Once again hello, hello, hello! Dear Heroes fans, I have just sent Dark Elves! version 1.0 to the CH staff for map publishing. Many many thanks are addressed to all of you for your continual support and the quality comments, suggestions and help with map testing. I couldn't have finished the final v...
by Yurian Stonebow
Nov 24 2007, 10:41

Hello all. I have been working with the upcoming "Dark Elves" map and checked for remaining typos and other minor issues. In addition, some new elements were added for the overall balance. Final release confirmed November 30th, 2007. Thank yous go to the map testers at CH ( headed by Pol, thank you ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Nov 24 2007, 10:29
Topic: Is anyone interested in new user made Heroes III maps?
Replies: 32
Views: 4231

@Muszka "Dark Elves!" is a Multiplayer map with Co-ooperation as the special element. Of course you can always play it with a CPU player as your ally. A word of warning though: in my test games my CPU ally has had a tendency to get his armies destroyed in daring raids into the enemy territory or qui...
by Yurian Stonebow
Nov 21 2007, 14:30

"Dark Elves!" will be a Heroes III:Shadow of Death map for Allied/Co-op type of game. It will feature 2x2 Human teams against each other and the 4 non-allied computer players. Because of the storyline, the computer players will have some nice "boosters" as well as access to some parts of the map the...
by Yurian Stonebow
Nov 21 2007, 2:43

I voted for "If the map is well made" but I could go with "I will play every H3 map I can find" option as well. Why? Because I'm a Heroes III hardcore fan who appreciates all new fan made maps because they keep the game "alive" so to speak. What I do when new H3 maps become available at CH is: Step ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Nov 8 2007, 20:33
Topic: Orc Evolution
Replies: 40
Views: 11429

Although I liked the design and the overall usefulness of the Heroes II Orcs, my choice is the upgraded and greenskin version from Heroes III, that is Orc Chieftain. Not the best shooter of its level but I like the character and attitude of the Orc Chieftain. It looks like a green viking warrior on ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Nov 8 2007, 20:09
Topic: Phoenix evolution complete
Replies: 20
Views: 4278

Unashamed as I am, I voted for NWC's vision of Phoenix for its upcoming Heroes V. I really liked the unit's design and was eagerly awaiting for the game to be released. Too bad 3DO let me down big time. Thanks a lot, "MR. Trip". :( *ranting done, let's move along*

Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
Nov 8 2007, 20:02
Topic: User Made Map / campaign walkthroughs
Replies: 12
Views: 4488

I have sometimes toyed with the idea of writing walkthroughs to some of my own maps (such as Mutare's Apprentice or Viking Invasion) but in the end I let go of the whole thing simply because I thought that people would consider me narcistic or just plain stupid. "Wouldn't you as the map maker alread...
by Yurian Stonebow
Nov 6 2007, 17:10
Topic: Swordman Evolution
Replies: 56
Views: 21841

The "crusading" unit of castle from Heroes III is the one that gets my vote. It's a solid unit with good stats and has a nice ability: Strikes Twice! I can never stress that enough. You can't go wrong with these guys. Also, you got to love that helmet with feathers on the top. It's so fancy. :D Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
Nov 6 2007, 12:12

Hello everybody. It has been a rough autumn so far for me and finding a full-time job has reduced drastically my free time and thus postponed map devolpment, testing and of course the advent of final release version. I have worked like a dog on the "Dark Elves!" map and am quite satisfied to tell yo...
by Yurian Stonebow
Nov 6 2007, 11:52
Topic: Wolf evolution
Replies: 38
Views: 12756

This one is definately a tricky question, but after some thinking I award the first prize to Heroes I Wolf. Compared to the other wolves this one at least looks like a real wolf. And it's a good unit too.

Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
Nov 6 2007, 11:44
Topic: Rogue/Bandit Evolution
Replies: 17
Views: 6559

I voted for the Heroes III Rogue. I like the design of the unit, its ablities and stats. While it may not be the best level two unit in Heroes III, the Rogue's "Spying" ability and its use as a moving Thieves Guild really make a diffrence. Overall the Rogue is one of my favourites units of the entir...
by Yurian Stonebow
Oct 28 2007, 9:31
Topic: Losing heroes of Might and magic savegames
Replies: 18
Views: 3039

Well you know, it's a crappy thing to happen but the good side of it is that you can concentrate on replaying the mission(s) and hopefully better this time. I mean that to myself, at least, it is a major victory to beat my previous records. Good luck with starting over again. Maybe you can then retu...
by Yurian Stonebow
Oct 28 2007, 9:25
Topic: What order to play campaigns in HOMM III?
Replies: 8
Views: 35375

Corlagon, you're quite correct: Lord Haart is an Enrothian nobleman who serves in King Roland's armies during the Succession Wars. In Heroes III it is mentioned that he left Enroth for being suspected of having ties with the local necromantic cults. However, his loyalty to King Roland of Enroth and ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Oct 28 2007, 9:05
Forum: News
Topic: Tribes Review at Games Radar
Replies: 37
Views: 4012

Tribes Review at Games Radar

"Try and get past it and realize not everything I say is an attack on your beloved H-V." Jeff, if it makes you feel any better a quite many people too slashed at me because I "attacked their beloved Heroes IV" with my "unjustified, unprofessional and just plain stupid arguments". This is really iron...
by Yurian Stonebow
Oct 21 2007, 16:25

I included a watch-out-for-spoilers sign (marked with* ) so that people would not come to me and claim I revelead parts of the plot without warning them first. And besides, as I was talking mostly about the Shadow of Death, I still don't think I gave away too much about the entire Heroes III storyli...
by Yurian Stonebow
Oct 19 2007, 8:04

Since this comes from a University student majoring in general history, don't be surprised to see me favoring playing the campaigns of Heroes III in chronological order: first the Shadow of Death then Restoration of Erathia and Finally Armageddon's Blade. In addition, if you own the Last Chapters (t...

Go to advanced search