Search found 935 matches

by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 27 2008, 20:43
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Five new maps coming up - testers needed
Replies: 57
Views: 7208

@Artas 1984 Thank you for the constructive critisism. I do know that I'm not the first person to have the idea of making a map of his own using a map editor. I believe that I may very well be amongst the first 500 or so people here on CH to come up with a map for any game of the Heroes of Might and ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 27 2008, 20:23
Topic: Tolkien's Middle-Earth map for H3: Testers Wanted
Replies: 49
Views: 25786

I'm now back from a trip to Tallinn, Estonia. Not feeling that much relaxed but still able to carry on the H 3 map projects. (Man, those cruises are going to be the death of me. I'm so tired... and not to mention the hang-over.) I did some testing on "Tolkien's Middle-Earth" before leaving yesterday...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 26 2008, 13:09

Update Jan. 26th. 2008 I forgot to tell you that in my current version of the upcoming map "Tolkien's Middle-Earth" Northern Orcs are allied to Saruman the Wizard which makes the map 2 Human teams (Elves of Mirkwood and Rivendell allied to Humans of Gondor) vs 2 CPU non-allied players (Saruman's Ise...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 25 2008, 16:55

Muszka has made the team of testers and thus there is room left for 9 more people. @Muszka Welcome aboard, friend. Always nice to have you with us. @Metathron Have you played Heroes II? If you are familiar enough with that game, playing Heroes III won't be such an impossible task. A friend of mine o...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 25 2008, 4:13

Tolkien's Middle-Earth map for H3: Testers Wanted

Hello All I'm currently making a Multiplayer/Co-operation map for Heroes III: Armageddon's Blade. The map is called "Tolkien's Middle-Earth" and as its title says, the map is about the LOTR focusing on the War of the Ring. The version is not numbered but a kind of a Beta version. (perhaps 0.80) At t...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 24 2008, 16:39
Topic: Heroes Family Tree
Replies: 21
Views: 9259

"I've heard that after the death of their leader, the Dragon Queen Mutare, Nighon has fallen into chaos. Mutare's generals battle for control in an endless civil conflict." -Tarnum, Sword of Frost If you want to know what happaned in Nighon and Erathia after Mutare was killed, I recommend you play a...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 24 2008, 16:29
Topic: Wraith Evolution
Replies: 25
Views: 9667

My pick is the mana stealing, regenerating evil bastard of a creature from Heroes III, the Wraith. The glowing red eyes inflict terror on all players who encounter them early in the game, not just the ones playing with magic orientated Hero. That regenerating ability is especially annoying if you ar...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 24 2008, 16:20

Greetings, Heroes fans I have now gone through almost all feedback gathered from "Operation Turning Point"'s test players and other commentators, including opinions and remarks by my wife Tiare, the author of "The Atoll Island". I agree with my own team of testers that some minor stories should be a...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 20 2008, 18:44

@Muszka Thanks for the reply. As I explained earlier, I think that in the end all Human and CPU positions in "Operation Turning Point" are in order and that the overall design and the theme in which the map is set are in harmony with one another. I agree with you that the map is ready for release he...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 20 2008, 18:25
Topic: Manticore Evolution
Replies: 26
Views: 10004

Out of the three candidates, I chose the H3 Manticore. I like the colour, the tail, oh well... I like the unit's overall design. Scorpicore is way too red, in fact it looks "unnatural" (if you can say that of a fantasy based creature anyway). Although I like Scorpicore's special ability, the unit lo...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 18 2008, 10:34

@Muszka Thank you for the feedback. Here are some of my own 'findings' after doing some more testing on "Operation Turning point". These are thoughts that came to me as both from the map maker's point of view and that of a "regular" player. "Operation Turning Point" is free of bugs but somehow I sti...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 16 2008, 17:30

@Muszka Please Check your email and you'll see a message there from me. It's from my web mail account at the University of Helsinki and signed by my real name. I hope you like the map "Operation Turning Point" and the map and nice extras in the zip "Viking Invasion". Merry gaming! :) @ByteBandit Ple...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 15 2008, 18:53

@Muszka Thank you for your co-operation with the project. I will send you, Muszka, the map later this today (late night) after I'm finished with another thing under process. I may include an alternative special edition of my already released H3:SoD map Viking Invasion as a bonus is that is what you ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 14 2008, 21:43

Update 14th Jan, -08 Operation Turning Point (H3:SoD, Co-Op map of size M)is ready for testing. It now has more quests, better graphics and more carefully planned and tried overall balance in CPU vs Humans. What it lacks is testing and some more testing (by folks other than me and my wife and the re...
by Yurian Stonebow
Jan 14 2008, 21:19
Topic: Faerie Dragon Evolution
Replies: 27
Views: 6611

I voted for the (as described in the in-game text) Offensive spellcaster, the Heroes III Faerie Dragon. The unit has a cool purple skin with a truly mischievous look in its eyes. In my opinion, it really looks like a Sorcerer Dragon with enough power to cause serious havoc or just a little prank whi...
by Yurian Stonebow
Dec 18 2007, 22:32

I'm looking for the Clash of the Dragons in its UK version. I have all other Chronicles as UK versions and would hate to break the chain so to speak. But I will welcome US version too if it's not going to interfere (complicate things) with the previously installed parts in the series. I checked the ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Dec 18 2007, 22:17
Topic: Behemoth Evolution
Replies: 43
Views: 17017

There's only one "true" Behemoth here that can claim the prize: the Ancient Behemoth. Its only drawback is speed. With a speed value at 9 in regular terrain and 10 on its native terrain, the Behemoth will have to wait to get his terrible claws on enemy units. But I agree with UnDeadHalfOrc, there's ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Dec 18 2007, 22:04
Topic: Horned Demon Evolution
Replies: 25
Views: 9415

I voted for the updated Heroes III demon. The armor looks quite nice and indicates that the unit is elite infantry - just take a look at the golden battle gear of his. Also, the horns of the unit look longer and more pointy, indeed they are reserved for running head first into the enemy. The Horned ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Dec 18 2007, 21:48

Update Dec 18th, -07 I have been feveriously working on "Operation Turning Point" ( a H3:SoD map) to have it released on CH before Christmas. Why such a hurry? This will be my Christmas gift for all of you Heroes fans out there. Speaking of Christmas, I'm still trying to buy legal version of Heroes ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Dec 7 2007, 19:18
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 5 creature
Replies: 24
Views: 6142

The Mighty Gorgons! There's no doubt, really. They are simply the best. Even the fearsome Azure Dragons bow before of the terrible death stare of the black bulls of Tatalia. Sudden Death, man...

Yurian

Go to advanced search