Search found 935 matches

by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 13 2008, 17:39
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Necromancer hero evolution
Replies: 22
Views: 7512

How about adding poll option "Hate 'em all"?
(there are two things I don't get: in Heroes III we have a riding wraith as a hero and in Heroes IV we have a hero unit on the battle field. I find them both to be great mistakes)

I reluctantly voted for Heroes IV male Necromancer.
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 9 2008, 21:09
Topic: Tolkien's Middle-Earth map for H3: Testers Wanted
Replies: 49
Views: 25824

Map soon to be released for testing at CH

Update 9th of March, 2008 The closed Beta is now over and all feedback has been gathered together and addressed. I have made some adjustments and improvements* to version 0.92 and with that said, the map "Tolkien's Middle-Earth" is finally ready for general testing at CH's own map testing service. I...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 7 2008, 11:40
Topic: Five new maps coming up - testers needed
Replies: 57
Views: 7212

Update March 7th, 2008 Greetings, heroes! Operation Turning Point has been finally released and boy, it makes this map maker glad. I have now fulfilled my promise to deliver five new maps to the community at CH for the players to enjoy. Here's a short description of the maps and their gameplay style...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 7 2008, 10:45
Topic: Pit Fiend Evolution
Replies: 18
Views: 9143

Make way for the hellish Prince of Torture, the nasty big whip wielding incarnation of the Master of the Pit of Doom, the Pit Lord of the Kreegan horde! There's no doubt in my mind, the Pit Lord of Heroes III gets my vote by a large marginal. I like the unit's appereance and its special ability. The...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 27 2008, 17:01
Topic: H3 - Game Notes - Not so known facts.
Replies: 150
Views: 41082

The version of Heroes III you see me referring to is that of Complete. (4.0) I can testify that in that edition the player can not take artefacts away from allied heroes nor can he upgrade his ally's troops when the AI visits one of the players castles and has troops belonging to that particular fac...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 27 2008, 9:20
Topic: Knight hero Evolution (New Hero Class Evolution polls!)
Replies: 39
Views: 11651

The Heroes V Knight secured my vote. In my opinion, he looks most fantasy orientated of the whole bunch. Others somehow made me think of more realistic approach to medieval warfare. Anyways, personally I found this poll hard for me because I hate the military. In real life I know nothing more creepy...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 27 2008, 9:11
Topic: H3 - Game Notes - Not so known facts.
Replies: 150
Views: 41082

This is just a quick note as I'm still at the Civilian Service Center and attending lazily the daily lectures :D I've seen two or more allied CPU Heroes hiring troops in an external creature dwelling belonging to one of them, yes this applies only to CPU players and only when they are allied to one ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 24 2008, 23:34
Topic: Mage Evolution(!?)
Replies: 40
Views: 18462

Voted for Archmage from Heroes III.

Why? You just got to love that fancy looking outfit of his.
Younger Mages simply don't have enough character.
Ah, and yes, that glowing staff is legendary amongst spellcasters.

Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 24 2008, 23:29
Topic: Sorceress/Druid hero evolution
Replies: 28
Views: 8779

Voted for H3 Druid. Gem is unique in Heroes III for her character is listed as a Sorceress in her AB campaign called "A New Beginning" whereas in single scenario maps she is called a Druid. Although I went with Heroes III, there's something fascinating about H4's North American Indian style. Quite f...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 20 2008, 19:47
Topic: H3 SOD: Unholy Alliance, "Gathering the Legion"
Replies: 14
Views: 5217

This is how I performed the task: First I made sure that this enemy Hero was the starting Hero of his color. I disabled Tavern in that town but did not use an Event to build it later on as the map progresses. Next I placed a Quest right next to his front door denying him access unless he brings a la...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 20 2008, 19:26
Topic: difficulty in armageddon's blade
Replies: 10
Views: 5213

@UndeadHalfOrc & Pol Great news! Many many thanks for this solution. I can tell you that up until now this has been a real block on my path to rework some campaigns in the RoE. I don't want to meddle with the maps themselves but rather adjust the level of difficulty. For example raise "Steadwick...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 20 2008, 7:31
Topic: difficulty in armageddon's blade
Replies: 10
Views: 5213

I once managed to modify difficulty in the Restoration of Erathia but it seems that this was due to a bug that was fixed with patch 1.4. Like others here have pointed out, the bug appeared after playing a single map and then switching to play a campaign map. The level of difficulty used in a single ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 20 2008, 7:22
Topic: H3 SOD: Unholy Alliance, "Gathering the Legion"
Replies: 14
Views: 5217

I agree with people here that when playing SoD campaigns speed is your best friend and so is agressive attitude. You must concentrate your troops in the early game to create a strong army and have good secondary Heroes "feeding" it. Also, my personal experience tells me that access to one humble ski...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 20 2008, 7:01
Topic: Barbarian hero evolution
Replies: 20
Views: 7454

I voted for Heroes III Battle Mage. In my opinion, this Hero model is a nice union of realism and fantasy. When you got two for the price of one, you always know that now that's a real bargain.

Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 13 2008, 16:51

@ByteBandit I have now completed early testing for "Tolkien's Middle-Earth" (version 0.92) and can send you the map any time you want. I think you will find it twice as good as the "Beta Version" from Feb 1st. To keep a long story short: -improved graphics, more true to classic Middle-Earth maps -re...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 10 2008, 11:05

Update Feb 10th 2008 As all testers probably already know, "Tolkien's Middle-Earth" has gone through some innovative small updates which now are available in version 0.92. I have tested this version myself a couple of times and have a "gut feeling" that this will be very close to the final release v...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 4 2008, 0:34

@ByteBandit I'm leaving this morning (Feb 4th) at 8:00 to Lapinjärvi in order to do the Civilian Service, my duty to the state of Finland. This means I'll be staying all weekdays at the Civilian Service center in the municipality of Lapinjärvi. What is this thing called Civilian Service? "A conscien...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 2 2008, 10:57

@ByteBandit I'm aware that there are some typos still to be found on the text file no matter how hard I worked on them. I don't know how I missed such an obvious one... This is what comes when one writes in a hurry. All typos will be fixed in next version/final version. I should give up writing even...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 2 2008, 10:46

Hello All As the team of testers already knows, map testing sessions for "Tolkien's Middle-Earth" (Heroes III: Armageddon's Blade, size XL, Co-Op) have begun and the work is progressing quite nicely with emails coming and going. And now, the real news. :) I have been thinking of expanding the limite...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 1 2008, 16:18

Update 1st Feb 2008 "Operation Turning Point" has been sent to the CH staff and is now in line to be published. This was the last of the five maps I told you about one and a half years ago when I started this thread. Overall I used just over two years to see them all released on the web. All feedbac...

Go to advanced search