Search found 935 matches

by Yurian Stonebow
Apr 8 2008, 13:52
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: New H4 maps discussions
Replies: 4
Views: 1522

I agree with you guys that it seems very suspicious indeed to see a map receiving maximum number of points within days of it being uploaded at the site's map database. I suspect that people A) use multiple handels and thus enable the cheating. With multiple handels it's not a hard trick to gain fast...
by Yurian Stonebow
Apr 8 2008, 13:17
Topic: Massive multiplayer bug discovered in Heroes 3!
Replies: 9
Views: 4136

I hope this is not considered offtopic or double thread... I don't much play multiplayer via the internet, but it seems that 3do/NWC (and probably Ubisoft version as well) Heroes III and its expansion packs are somehow "hostile" towards Win XP. The game plays fine multiplayer TCP/IP sessio...
by Yurian Stonebow
Apr 8 2008, 12:52
Topic: HoMM II: Best level 1 creature
Replies: 24
Views: 3409

And the best level 1 creature in Heroes II is... The Halfling! My limited Heroes II experience (finished the Succession Wars' "good campaign" as well as two and a half PoL campaigns) tells me that the Halfling is quite solid unit and a worthy opponent, too. I haven't tried out Necroplis in...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 30 2008, 22:01
Topic: New Heroes 4 Map for Testing: The Eyes
Replies: 58
Views: 11396

Humakt, I think I managed to prove you wrong. ;) Please go and check your email, you'll see some proof there that your latest Heroes IV map called The Eyes is fit for Novice players such as myself. I completed the map in 18 weeks with the rank of Minotaur. See the two screenshots for more details. Y...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 30 2008, 21:20
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Heroes 4 is DEAD
Replies: 81
Views: 29301

Sorry about wandering into the offtopic area. Sometimes one just gets carried away by funny, lighthearted conversations. But my opinion about H4 remains unchanged: I await for the next version of Equilibris mod to arrive and only then I will re-embrace the world of Axeoth. Some exceptions to this ru...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 28 2008, 9:59
Topic: New Heroes 4 Map for Testing: The Eyes
Replies: 58
Views: 11396

Humakt, I think I'll look into your latest H4 map later today. Although I don't much play H4 and consider myself a Novice in that area, I still look for quality fan made maps for the game. You've made yourself a name in that field, the H4 map making that is, which encourages me to re-learn the Heroe...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 28 2008, 9:43

@Metathron "So you're well acquainted with vodka then as well, I reckon?" Indeed. The university parties are not the ones where you "spit into the bottle". ;) I have read about spirits and liquer both informally and formally, that is in my free time and in my studies. (some histo...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 25 2008, 21:18
Topic: Water Elemental Evolution
Replies: 27
Views: 8862

Voted for the "Mermaidish" Heroes III Water Elemental. There's something about the style&look in the creature that makes me vote for it (or "her").

"She's got style, she's got grace, She's a winner.
She's a Lady. Whoa whoa whoa, She's a Lady."

Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 25 2008, 21:02
Topic: Harpy Evolution
Replies: 7
Views: 5411

Voted for Heroes III Harpy Hag. I agree with ThunderTitan, the Harpy unit needs to be, by definition, old. The creature as described in the Greek mythology also appears to be both old and ugly and always looking for innocent bypassers (sailor's) flesh to feed itself. Not your favourite exotic creatu...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 25 2008, 20:53

@Dalai Being a Finn myself I can tell you that as a nation we Finns have a long history with the Russians, both in good times and bad times, so judging by examples and events in joint Fenno-Russo history, I think that your team will appreciate more the quality Finnish vodka called Finlandia than jus...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 21 2008, 10:02
Topic: Nature Dragon Evolutions
Replies: 34
Views: 14801

I agree with mr.hackcrag and others that this poll seems a bit flawed. How do these dragons represent nature and moreover just how do they serve nature's plans and intentions somehow, some way? Still I found myself voting for Fairy Dragon of Heroes III. The mighty, mischievous spellcaster is simply ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 21 2008, 9:35
Topic: Green Dragon evolution
Replies: 72
Views: 28638

I voted for the Heroes III version of Green Dragon. It looks majestic but not evil (such as the Black Dragon does) and it is generally portraited as a basicly good and noble creature in the H3 saga, especially the Chronicles part called the Clash of Dragons where Tarnum the Immortal Hero talks about...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 21 2008, 9:00
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 4 creature
Replies: 36
Views: 12769

Crusaders all the way! The unit is quite powerful with nice stats, great speciality and it belongs to my favourite Heroes III faction, the Castle. The number of HP makes them a tough opponent for their level. The 35 hit points makes them outlast creatures of equal ranking such as the Pegasi and the ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 17 2008, 18:43
Topic: Favourite faction in H3 - 2007
Replies: 37
Views: 8444

I voted for the Castle. This human faction has always been my favourite one in the Homm series right from the very beginning. I started out with Heroes III back in December '99. Maybe it is that in Heroes III the Castle players enjoy the overall best faction balance? It sure offers good range of uni...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 17 2008, 18:23
Topic: HoMM IV: Best level 1 creature
Replies: 26
Views: 7763

The skeleton is overall one of the best low level units in Heroes IV.
It has nice stats, can give and take damage and last but certainly not least,
the unit's bonus makes them less attractive target for enemy ranged units.

Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 17 2008, 18:16
Topic: HoMM IV: Best level 2 creature
Replies: 8
Views: 4666

Voted for the Pikeman.

The unit is quite solid one with good overall performance.
The long weapon and best growth of its level are also worth mentioning.
In addition, it represents a quality infantry unit and comes from my favourite
faction in Heroes IV, the Haven.

Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 17 2008, 18:04
Topic: Ranger hero evolution
Replies: 11
Views: 4466

I gave my vote to the Heroes III Ranger.
Female ranger from Heroes IV was a close second. I half seriously considered
announcing her the winner thanks to those broad hips. ;)

Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 17 2008, 17:52

I think that Heroes IV is not dead and buried. We have many dedicated fans playing the game daily and people are still making maps to this game. I agree with folks here that while it is true that Heroes IV has a bad AI, the map editor is really a powerful tool that can help create some fine maps wit...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 13 2008, 18:00
Topic: Warlock hero evolution
Replies: 24
Views: 8123

Voted for Heroes IV female warlock.
These Chaos heroines rock the game big time.
I wonder if all male players agree with me here for some funny reason... ;)

Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 13 2008, 17:54
Topic: Wizard hero evolution
Replies: 36
Views: 10185

Heroes III Wizard for me. I like the style, all in all this is one of the best hero models in the series. As a side note, the Heroes IV female character pictured here in the poll options looks suspiciously close to a well-known female adult film actress from Italy. The one who was elected to the Ita...

Go to advanced search