Search found 935 matches

by Yurian Stonebow
Nov 18 2015, 23:38
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Randomness - vol. IV
Replies: 1673
Views: 228229

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

This is my first message here in months. And I mean what I say. Long, long months have passed. I am still battling my heavy depression, sleeplessness and occasional suicidal thoughts. I do not wish to alarm you people nor do I wish to shock you but... I was placed under the care of two doctors and a...
by Yurian Stonebow
May 6 2015, 23:44
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Bug reports
Replies: 98
Views: 45189

Heroes IV (Vanilla) Might campaign bug

"There is a bug in Campaign mode, where certain skills are never offered to your heroes even when they are able to receive them natively. For example, if you played on the Might campaign, even if you hired a Mage from the external tavern (say, on Map 2), you will never be offered Life Magic or ...
by Yurian Stonebow
May 2 2015, 20:24
Forum: Articles
Topic: System Requirements Q&A
Replies: 23
Views: 4240

Heroes VII Q&A 2

@King Imp: The numbers here do indeed speak for themselves. Just take a look at Heroes VI's weak performance. It makes me wonder this: could it be that the rumours about Black Hole using another game's "recycled" map editor software for the basis of their HVI project be true after all?
by Yurian Stonebow
May 2 2015, 20:13
Forum: News
Topic: Humble M&M Bundle
Replies: 29
Views: 5596

Humble M&M Bundle

Heroes VI Complete? Really? If trying to get a single Heroes VI game ("Vanilla") to work with no problems (broken installation code to valid your purchase, that draconic Uplay system, the game itself not working with NVidia cards, hordes of bugs being still present after Patch 2.11 etc) whatsoever i...
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 25 2015, 19:15
Topic: New Old Heroes Music
Replies: 5
Views: 2049

New Old Heroes Music

I believe that this "forgotten track" was both being discussed by Heroes fans and ready to be downloaded somewhere on the web already some 10 years ago or so. :)
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 25 2015, 19:12
Topic: H7: Tales of the Ten Years War - Part 9
Replies: 1
Views: 1044

H7: Tales of the Ten Years War - Part 9

"H7: Tales of the Ten Years War - Part 9"

How many Parts are there yet to come? Are we beginning to feel the inflation on these or what...?
by Yurian Stonebow
Mar 25 2015, 19:08
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Minasli
Replies: 5
Views: 1708

Minasli

*in a very official sounding voice* Nobody makes fun of al-Assad. That's an order.
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 27 2015, 8:23
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!
Replies: 658
Views: 180399

Friday Update! About Romania and the World of Sighisoara.

Update on Friday, the 27th of February 2015 Greetings fellow Heroes fans, It is yet another Friday so an update to our Project is in order. :) During the years we have been approached by a number of Romanians asking about the name of our fantasy world. Yes, it is taken from its real world counterpar...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 27 2015, 7:32

I did some more testing on my own, and to my embarrassement must bend a knee right here: I was wrong. AI's retreat from battle works as intended. Sorry about that, I was really trying to help you in the ongoing hunt for bugs. What caused me to (hastily, as it later turned out) suspect a bug was my b...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 27 2015, 7:17
Topic: project status
Replies: 62
Views: 31331

Have you faltered in your faith in the Equi project?

After more than 10 years since the release of version 3.51 (Oct 2004) I'm beginning to think that having faith in any new upcoming Equilibris versions equals in its own peculiar way this famous Bible quote: "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believed" We have not seen the famous ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 10 2015, 21:20
Topic: List of CH members to meet in 2015
Replies: 26
Views: 8263

Germany, home of great lager beer and beautiful women

I just checked the web for bargain priced flight tickets for Helsinki-Düsseldorf. And you guess what? Late May-early June (2015) will be a time for campaign offers for various airline companies. From Helsinki to Düsseldorf, there and back, for about 150€. Also, the train trip from Düsseldorf to Lang...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 10 2015, 20:39
Topic: H3HD Wolf Raiders
Replies: 20
Views: 4157

H3HD Wolf Raiders

@Romanov77: I've read it on Steam's HD Edition discussion thread that bug fixing is on its way but the pace is slow. I can't say about that choppiness issue, but what I do know about Heroes III HD Edition receiving expansions to complete the game... Not going to happen. They've said it before, said ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 10 2015, 0:47
Topic: H3HD Wolf Raiders
Replies: 20
Views: 4157

That the wolves are going to lose the battle? 8|
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 10 2015, 0:30

Another bug, and an annoying old bug if there ever was one

@Dalai: Sorry to hear that it isn't possible at this point. I was hoping that you'd say it is and has already been implemented in the next patch that has all of Max's goodies in it and is all but just waiting to be released in the nearest future. But alas, being a pessimist as we Finns tend to be, I...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 7 2015, 21:41
Topic: List of CH members to meet in 2015
Replies: 26
Views: 8263

Oh, Yurian, I feel appreciated and somehow flattered reading my name on your list. But I think, a meeting of us 2 will happen only in our dreams. I don't plan a journey to your beloved Suomi in future and for the rest of my life, ah, if I only were younger, ... (dreaming...) No worries there friend...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 7 2015, 21:07
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 49748

While I don't think (hope) that The Damage's Been Done Already, a lot of what the original poster said is echoed in my thoughts. I won't go into detail here but as I'm no longer a young man nor a newcomer to the series, Ubisoft's strategy of showing pretty graphics ruling over weak gameplay just fai...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 7 2015, 20:48
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: rotating camera please!
Replies: 10
Views: 3496

Give me a decent map editor over fancy graphics anytime

*Agrees with Kalah* Rotating camera is not that much needed while a well-functioning map editor is a must have. Great scenery ("graphics") may be used to attract some new players but a mediocre or just plain bad map editor will serve to alienate a h*** of a lot players. Heroes VI anyone? T...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 7 2015, 20:38
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Megom Chronicles Project
Replies: 189
Views: 51222

Duzeom_ wrote:Masters of Sogishoara have topic here too ;)

"Sogishoara"??
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 7 2015, 10:43
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Wog & Heroes III HD
Replies: 4
Views: 5508

I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden

Hello Salamandre, my non-Russian* friend. Here's my reply. And here's hoping that you'll kindly take so time to read the contents of my post carefully and "between the lines", as my posts quite often hide within them double meanings. Thank You. Even if Slava (ZVS) is russian, the wog team ...
by Yurian Stonebow
Feb 6 2015, 17:55
Topic: Heroes III HD Review at PC Gamer
Replies: 13
Views: 3274

Heroes III HD Review at PC Gamer

You find it annoying because that particular feature you complain about (and not in a polite way, too) was first introduced in the Shadow of Death standalone/expansion? And let me guess... There are no damage dealing moats and they forgot to add in the Combo Artefacts...?

Go to advanced search