Search found 952 matches

by Yurian Stonebow
05 Mar 2013, 01:13
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Tolkien's Middle-Earth map for H3: Testers Wanted
Replies: 49
Views: 35316

New LOTR based map released for H4

Greetings folks, As was seen in the CH headline news a couple of weeks ago, my first Heroes IV map has been released. It's a re-creation of my earlier work by the same name for Heroes III, "Tolkien's War of the Ring". Although the main theme of the various Tolkien maps I've made is pretty ...
by Yurian Stonebow
05 Mar 2013, 00:27
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Bug reports
Replies: 99
Views: 136324

Bug found in H4's battle mechanics

Heroes IV mod Equilibris 3.51, the heroes carry no artifacts with them. That's a bug I tell you. How can a mechanic unit be blinded by the unicorns? Straight out - it just isn't possible.

-Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
05 Mar 2013, 00:15
Forum: Campfire
Topic: A most joyful family event
Replies: 38
Views: 24968

@darknessfood: Thanks! I'll buy you a pint if I catch up with you in Amsterdam (that's where I'm planning to go again) during my next trip to your country. That's a firm promise. You're not on my CH Members To Meet - list for nothing. ;)

-Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
05 Mar 2013, 00:11

Heroes VI is for babies

Photo #6: I decided to hand over the "splendid" HoMM VI to my 6 and 1/2 month old daughter to play with. That's how much I digg the game. It's all real rotten, buggy stuff. I recommend we all stay clear of it.
by Yurian Stonebow
18 Feb 2013, 20:25
Forum: News
Topic: Shades of Darkness Delayed
Replies: 13
Views: 7181

Shades of Darkness Delayed

Shades of Darkness delayed? Good grief. Now isn't this the end of the world or what? Imagine that I interrupted my nice and relaxing winter vacation just to take my time to log in and read the headline news (amongst doing other stuff) here at CH.com for.... this? Oh, man. It hurts. Big time. I could...
by Yurian Stonebow
18 Feb 2013, 20:10
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: H6 Clay Model
Replies: 5
Views: 3418

H6 Clay Model

Really impressing. The guy who made this clay model is a real artist. He's taken his time to finalize the figurine with great patience. The amount of time used in completing the work must be at several days, maybe at a minumum of some 72 hours or so.

Good stuff here!
by Yurian Stonebow
18 Feb 2013, 19:57
Topic: New H4 Maps
Replies: 35
Views: 12242

New H4 Maps

@ Duzeom_ So... My Tolkien/Heroes IV crossover project "is terrible" because You Sir say it is without bothering to explain why? It is true that the map in question is my first Heroes IV map, and therefore I am not that experienced at scripting things using the HIV map editor, but still......
by Yurian Stonebow
21 Jan 2013, 15:49

Some more baby photos

Photo #3: That's me showing my baby daughter the Heroes III manual. It turned out that she wasn't that interested in it -yet. :) http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/53/05/49150553/photos/undefined/heroesbaby1.jpg Photo#4: Father and daughter sharing a nice Heroic moment together playing Heroes V:Tribes ...
by Yurian Stonebow
20 Jan 2013, 20:16
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!
Replies: 663
Views: 369295

Sincerely apologies for the constant delays

Greetings All, Yes, rest assured, dear fellow Heroes fans, that we have not abandoned The Masters of Sighisoara Project. As HoP said he is in charge of writing storyline for Campaign III while I am at the moment seeking earnestly to add finishing touches to Campaign II. HoP mentioned something about...
by Yurian Stonebow
25 Dec 2012, 02:29
Topic: Christmas 2012
Replies: 15
Views: 9361

Christmas 2012

Happy Christmas everybody! Enjoy the holidays, yes, but there's no need to be overly optimistic about the future of Heroes. I bet 20 €uros that we'll get to see but one pathetic buggy expansion for HVI, no Might and Magic rpgs whatsoever and topping the bill, my favourite, no long awaited "fina...
by Yurian Stonebow
06 Dec 2012, 20:25
Topic: Happy Independence Day Finland
Replies: 33
Views: 24538

Finland 95 Years

Yes, Happy Independence Day Finland!! Today is the 95th Anniversary of Finnish Independence. The republic of Finland was born in December 6th 1917 out of the wreckage that was the dead and soon to buried Russian Empire. My fellow patriots fought hard the following spring in the bitter Finnish Civil ...
by Yurian Stonebow
17 Oct 2012, 21:52
Topic: Poll: The Expansion
Replies: 23
Views: 12608

Poll: The Expansion

What if we named the expansion "Call of the Dark Caverns"? Now that's pretty creative on my part. :)
by Yurian Stonebow
12 Sep 2012, 21:52
Topic: What is your avatar and why?
Replies: 50
Views: 28719

My avatar is... Well, just guess it. ;) What could it be? Any Heroes III fans out there?
by Yurian Stonebow
12 Sep 2012, 21:37
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Official VCMI project thread
Views: 264939

VCMI, SOD and WOG

Well, there's nothing wrong with my ability to read plain text and get the meaning of it. I do know that VCMI plans and targets to recreate the entire H3 game/engine along with its WoG features and give it new possibilities. But I do also know that one can test their stuff while staying clear of WoG...
by Yurian Stonebow
12 Sep 2012, 18:46
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 307320

"I do however swear on my life here and now that LotA will not become like WoG 3.59. It will be released this year, or bust :P" The text above was written by Corlagon in July 2011. So there you have it... If Parts 3 & 4 are not released by the end of 2011 they will remain shelved. -Yur...
by Yurian Stonebow
12 Sep 2012, 18:38
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Need help: Wikipedia article!
Replies: 21
Views: 16118

Don't worry Naki. :) The Helsinki Metropolitan Area, where I live, is no more than 180km away from the Russian border so you weren't that much off the track. But what certainly is true is that the most active Heroes 3 players in the international level seem to originate in the Eastern Europe. Bulgar...
by Yurian Stonebow
12 Sep 2012, 18:30

If you turn back a page or two in this thread, you'll notice that I am one of your most loyal followers here on CH. The project your Team does is, like I've said before, in the true spirit of Heroes and it is all valid, ever growing and evolutionary work there I've seen so far. I encourage you to ke...
by Yurian Stonebow
11 Sep 2012, 11:30

Good to see the work continues

This forum is not dead. :) We fans of your work still follow this thread right here and keep reading every bit of incoming new information. The new development version (0.89b) is now out, as of Sept. 9th '12, along with these changes mentioned by your leader Tow on the VCMI web site: "0.89 -> 0...
by Yurian Stonebow
11 Sep 2012, 10:56
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Need help: Wikipedia article!
Replies: 21
Views: 16118

Pol wrote: Our Wikipedia is still in the maintenance.
As the game Might and Magic: Heroes VI by the magnificent French company Soft:Ubi is itself. I find this to be quite spot on in an amusing, ironic way.

Yurian
by Yurian Stonebow
11 Sep 2012, 10:45
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]
Replies: 930
Views: 483706

Revenge the Dragon

While I am certainly aware of the fact that what I am about to post here has nothing whatsoever to do with Might and Might 8, I still just have to proceed and say that the name of GrayFace's Dragon character "Kosto" means "Revenge" in Finnish. Not a bad name for a Dragon after al...

Go to advanced search