Search found 309 matches

by MattII
30 Apr 2011, 21:30
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: What's with all of the female units?
Replies: 161
Views: 90580

The Coral Priestess *is* a Medusa which is half-woman half-snake creature (in mythology she was originally an extremely beautiful woman that inspired the lusts of a god). So no *justification* needed, the creatures have breasts when it makes sense that they would. Except that it doesn't have a dead...
by MattII
29 Apr 2011, 22:15

Do you not know what a Moor is?! Yes, but Moors are from around Morocco, they've got Berber and Arabic Blood in, as well as Black-African. Yeah, that's why cosmetic surgery is doing so badly, because all our females have very round chests. Look at female body builders, once there isn't enough fat t...
by MattII
28 Apr 2011, 08:11

Only if it has moorish ancestry. Brown skin and black hair, could be Indian I suppose, or half-African. Regardless, the Archer still looks more 'elfy' than the actual elf. That's just because they're not as self conscious about any droopiness... they still technically have them. And because you cou...
by MattII
27 Apr 2011, 23:22

Yeah, it's not like Humans have blonde hair, or the elf is actually in another town (and is actually not very nordic): http://www.celestialheavens.com/homm2/images/creatures/h2_sorc_elf.jpg Oh look, a Spanish elf. The rest of the primates say HI! Well I don't know about you, but I've never seen a c...
by MattII
27 Apr 2011, 20:11

Yeah, sure... but if you have any male friends that wear that type of shirt... well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH0lFGBYRtU Sound card's broken at the moment, so I can't do much with that, but, looking at the heroes, you maybe right, all of the 'female' genies do have an obvious 'pigtail', whil...
by MattII
27 Apr 2011, 11:38

Yeah, it's not like they had bras or anything: http://hommworld.net/Homm3/Tower/bGenie.gif Always seemed more like a short vest to me. Yeah, i love the argument that it's ok for females to be in a certain role as long as there's only very few of them... jeez. I'm not against females in fantasy (pro...
by MattII
27 Apr 2011, 05:24

Firstly, the original poster is quite wrong, there were quite a few female units in HOMMIII too. Medusae, Harpies, Nagas, Genies, Pegasus Riders, (arguably) Wraiths, Water/Ice Elementals... Not to mention many female heroes as well. You know, I never got the impression that Genies were female, and ...
by MattII
27 Apr 2011, 05:07
Topic: No Blackies = please no Dungeon
Replies: 100
Views: 42514

Re: No Blackies = please no Dungeon

For me, the Dungeon died with Heroes V. All that catering to the masses with the (thanks to Salvatore) popular dark elves, replacing all but 3 units of the faction... Dungeon was and should be about warlocks leading armies of monsters created/enslaved by them, with the Black Dragons at the forefron...
by MattII
23 Apr 2011, 20:42
Topic: A question and answer with Marzhin and xhane
Replies: 11
Views: 6683

Blocks100 wrote:Re-launching HOMM without one of its most iconic units is folly. Suggesting it may reappear in some distant expansion really is the worst kind of carrot-dangling that wont appease fans, it just irritates them.
Yeah, just like not having orcs in H5 vanilla irritated fans.
by MattII
23 Apr 2011, 11:54
Topic: Heroes 6: ooookay?? (rant, really)
Replies: 82
Views: 30833

If you have to make everything glowy to get it noticed, then the terrain is too big. Or your items are poorly designed. The thing a lot of us like about 3 (and the previous versions) is that the interface was simple and clean, allowing you to focus on strategy. I was talking about stuff on the map,...
by MattII
22 Apr 2011, 02:37
Topic: Homm3 and Others
Replies: 11
Views: 7111

These, especially, are the things I do like. Random skills make luck a big factor, as do several resources. Black Hole wanted to make the game more competitive, and this is exactly the way to do so. Except that they haven't apparently touched variable creature damage, which is one of the most rando...
by MattII
17 Apr 2011, 19:34
Topic: No elves?
Replies: 23
Views: 13306

Unlikely, orcs had been in every game up to H5 as well, and then got slated for the second expansion.
by MattII
06 Apr 2011, 08:56
Topic: Bosses
Replies: 70
Views: 27647

Nah, France only goes in after the shooting's started, though they ought to get a few marks for being ahead of their neighbours.
by MattII
05 Apr 2011, 04:13
Topic: Budapest Demo Review in the spanish site Torre de Marfil
Replies: 10
Views: 8734

Mirez wrote:thats quite the inventory screen
It'd be better if they'd kept the 'paper doll' artefact placement screen IMO.
by MattII
15 Mar 2011, 19:19
Topic: What's The Worst Faction ?
Replies: 274
Views: 100477

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:(of course, the necro side of infernolopis was only 4 units- skeleton, ghost, vampire, bone dragon)
I don't think anyone's ever going to count infernopolis, because for one thing, you could only get 5 creatures from any one town, and for another it was an absolute abomination.
by MattII
15 Mar 2011, 04:25

No need to go that extreme, but 3-4 different creatures would have been nice (I don't think many people would have complained about the Ghoul and the Fate Spinner replacing the Zombie and the Bone Dragon in H5).
by MattII
14 Mar 2011, 23:07

The Necro creatures in H2 were Skeleton, Zombie, Mummy, Vampire, Lich, Bone Dragon, in H5 they were Skeleton, Zombie, Ghost, vampire, Lich, Wight and Bone Dragon. 2 creatures different, and one of them is because a tier was gained in H3, so, yes, not a huge load of development.
by MattII
14 Mar 2011, 06:20

Mirez wrote:evolved? I hardly see any change, just a bunch of red monsters put together on fire
Same for Necropolis, only a little better for Haven (Angel and Gryphon were new to H3) and Sylvan, etc.
by MattII
14 Mar 2011, 06:06
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 143104

Great, this guy gets a couple of extra arms, but the Cerberus has to hand one of its heads to the Hellhound to make up the difference. Not that I have any complaints about a 4 armed Naga you understand, if fact it makes perfect sense biologically, with the tail as a motive system the legs can become...
by MattII
13 Mar 2011, 02:50
Topic: Your favourite faction?
Replies: 45
Views: 24730

The poll is 'which are you most excited about', not 'which do you prefer', so how they actually play doesn't come into it.

Go to advanced search