Search found 309 matches

by MattII
23 Sep 2011, 08:39
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroic: boss monsters
Replies: 14
Views: 7094

How about a boss unit that increases in strength as time goes by, so it starts off at like a level 7 or so, but then gets tougher from there? Also, I never liked the idea of elementals, so I came up with an alternative idea, Animentals, basically animal shaped elementals which would be by the old me...
by MattII
19 Sep 2011, 21:01
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 95730

Salamandre wrote:The potential Wake of Gods has (probably 10% exploited until now) made me say good bye to all further sequels, no matter how good they are, they are far from having the same versatility.
Then you add VCMI on top of that when it eventually gets completed.
by MattII
15 Sep 2011, 23:27
Topic: Heroic: town borders
Replies: 12
Views: 11521

And I thought you were gunning for recruiting upgraded creatures from the adventure map. :) Nah, have that tied to the town, or at least give it a different resource cost. I’m still a bit confused about the trade off between lieutenants and ordinary heroes hired to perform secondary roles. It looks...
by MattII
14 Sep 2011, 20:06

What would be the effects of the upgrades? More resources/creatures. I haven’t played HoMM 1 or 2, so I haven’t had exposure to lesser hero types that I’ve heard mentioned in connection with them. So I’m curious – what would be the reason to hire one instead of a fully fledged hero? Is it merely a ...
by MattII
14 Sep 2011, 04:00

Make the garrisons upgradeable for a cost. Allow a town to have, as well as a hero, several lieutenants (mini-heroes, who can't get as many/as high level skills) who can lead troops out against raiding enemy heroes. Lieutenants would come with no creatures, and no skills beyond the racial, but woul...
by MattII
11 Sep 2011, 10:21
Topic: Heroic: heroes
Replies: 28
Views: 12200

Could someone explain to me how those Final Fantasy skill systems work, because I can't make heads or tails of the things.
by MattII
06 Sep 2011, 22:11
Topic: Heroic: town creatures
Replies: 13
Views: 7337

I did once consider a building where you could, in a siege, recruit all unrecruited creatures for half their normal cost, but they'd only stick around for the one battle. Another idea I'd had (you couldn't do it now) was being able to recruit for free a stack of tier 1 creatures whose strength was d...
by MattII
05 Sep 2011, 21:38
Topic: Heroic: artefacts
Replies: 27
Views: 10248

The Monuments idea is interesting, I'd never really thought about sticking artefacts directly in towns before, well, except for the Relic/Ultimate Artefact (build a special building to house it). Makes sense though. How many monuments would be allowed per town? I'm not sure about forged artefacts/co...
by MattII
15 Aug 2011, 22:51
Topic: Why Should I Buy HoMM 6?
Replies: 27
Views: 17543

...no DRM... That they eventually took it off is incomplete compensation for the fact that they added it on in the first place. ...making town windows... Most people wanted town screens . ...delaying the game for more balance/polish. I they suddenly decided it needed more polishing then they weren'...
by MattII
15 Aug 2011, 22:41
Topic: Im going to gamescon what should i ask the dev team?
Replies: 25
Views: 12488

I'll go with GMnemonic's first question.
by MattII
25 Jul 2011, 06:38
Topic: The new skill tree
Replies: 34
Views: 12448

Maybe not officially, but yes.
by MattII
22 Jul 2011, 21:54
Topic: HoMM is disappointing
Replies: 53
Views: 18106

Do you still get the hero's Tactics skill bonuses after he's been 'killed'?
by MattII
21 Jul 2011, 03:44
Topic: Beta patch 1.2
Replies: 25
Views: 18241

According to alcibiades over on Heroes Community you're limited to one hero per town and one extra.
by MattII
20 Jul 2011, 19:17

The real plus point though was that you could use an army consisting of just heroes and still stomp your way through the campaigns, making this a lot less stressful. Lol. Maybe I'm just lazy. I think most people considered this as an issue of bad balance. Lets not forget that beloved HoMM3 also had...
by MattII
19 Jul 2011, 22:25

It is funny, how one of the weakest games in HoMM series is turning to one with the most brilliant ideas (however, much of which were poorly introduced and it's the reason why HIV is so bad at the end). IMO that's half of what killed it, too much innovation (the other half of course being the absol...
by MattII
19 Jul 2011, 10:06

What if, as well as the main players, each and every town were to act like a player hiring heroes, recruiting troops, capturing mines, etc., but the heroes in such towns didn't step beyond their zone of control? What if, as well as having to deal with fixed troops of neutrals, you could get ambushed...
by MattII
18 Jul 2011, 20:11

H4 didn't apply your stats to the creatures, that's why one of the tactics skill gave you up to 30% more attack and another 30% defence... Oh, right. But secondary skills give you those bonuses anyway, so taking the H4 arrangement a bit further, you could make you mana pool dependent on your hero l...
by MattII
18 Jul 2011, 09:18

I think one of the reasons for the Superhero and Errand Boy issue is that ever since H2, troops under a might hero have been getting double-boosted, because not only do they get the secondary-skill bonuses, they also get boosted by the hero's attack and defence as well, and magic had to be made all ...
by MattII
12 Jul 2011, 19:57
Topic: Nimbyism in HOMM (portal placement woes)
Replies: 57
Views: 18560

ThunderTitan wrote:Beg your pardon? I'm a bad influence on everyone, and don't you ever forget it again.
Well except me, I'm bad enough on my own that you can't make a lot of difference.
by MattII
30 Jun 2011, 10:29
Topic: Nimbyism in HOMM (portal placement woes)
Replies: 57
Views: 18560

So why not just bury the portal if it's going to be that much of a danger, or build a stone-fronted rampart around it (or a double rampart even with offset gates)? Because you want to keep the portal open so that traders can use it. It's like the solution of blowing up all your bridge. You know, if...

Go to advanced search