Search found 246 matches

by addicted
Oct 20 2006, 12:22
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: When Will You Buy Dark Messiah?
Replies: 23
Views: 9222

I picked # 2, as soon as it hits my stores. I look forward to this game and can't wait. :oex:
by addicted
Oct 20 2006, 12:10
Forum: News
Topic: Countdown to Dark Messiah
Replies: 27
Views: 5350

Countdown to Dark Messiah

Gee, I am looking forward to DM and I for sure am not basing it on HV! DM is going to be a big hit.. I just pray my computer will support it.. I for sure am buying it the minute it hits the stores. As far as HV, it isn't all that bad, especially with the improvements of the patches, I just don't lik...
by addicted
Oct 18 2006, 15:58
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: HoF release date: Oct. 31 [Gamespot]
Replies: 5
Views: 1983

Yeah, this has already been mentioned in my thread at:
http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... php?t=4190 :D
by addicted
Oct 15 2006, 14:16
Topic: UBI's Hammers of Fate Release Date
Replies: 51
Views: 12103

This is UBI's Response When I emailed UBI Support about the release date of HoMMV: Hammers of Fate: Quote: "Based on the last information I received, Hammers of Fate is due for release on Oct 31, 2006." "Please note that this date is subject to change at any time." Response from...
by addicted
Oct 13 2006, 18:03
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Hammers of Fate Boxshot
Replies: 55
Views: 18933

Hammers of Fate Boxshot

Looks like the typical M&M dwarf warriors. I like it, fits the name... A lot of internet places (including ubi) have Oct 31st as the release date, others have mid to end of Nov. Wonder what the real release date is. Wonder what the specs are and if you will have to have H-5 to iplay it.. Edited ...
by addicted
Oct 12 2006, 13:07
Topic: Dying community??
Replies: 172
Views: 24796

Re: Dying community??

The HOMM5 editor has required us to learn a new computer language as well as specific functions for HOMM5.GOW Exactly.... and this is why a lot of old map-makers ' won't ' be making H-V maps!!!! That includes me.. I have no desire to learn programming and I personally think the map editor is too co...
by addicted
Oct 10 2006, 17:11
Topic: UBI's Hammers of Fate Release Date
Replies: 51
Views: 12103

UBI's Hammers of Fate Release Date

On UBI's pre-order website, it lists released date as OCT-2006 but don't give a day. It also list the expansion selling for $29.95 UBI PrdOrder Site UBI's Hammers of Fate Store webpage doesn't show a picture of the expansion game box (if no game box picture, does that mean the game box hasn't even b...
by addicted
Sep 30 2006, 17:44
Forum: News
Topic: A Pack of Maps
Replies: 21
Views: 5675

A Pack of Maps

I too like H4 the best, especially H4's easy to use editor. H5's editor is way to complicated for the average person to use.
by addicted
Sep 27 2006, 12:04
Forum: Articles
Topic: Map-Making Contest - 'A Little Challenge'
Replies: 30
Views: 7162

Map-Making Contest - 'A Little Challenge'

I personally feel the H-V editor is too complicated for the average-joe per-se! I made several maps in the previous Heroes games and I personally think the Heroes 4 map editor was easy to use, but the Heroes 5 map editor don't even come close to being easy, even without the scripts but this is my pe...
by addicted
Sep 26 2006, 17:54
Forum: Articles
Topic: Map-Making Contest - 'A Little Challenge'
Replies: 30
Views: 7162

Map-Making Contest - 'A Little Challenge'

Well if this editor wasn't so complicated to use and more menu driven like in homm4, I would certainly enter this contest but this editor seems to be too complex for me. If they come out with a better user-friendly editor in the future, I hope you have another contest and maybe I will enter at that ...
by addicted
Sep 18 2006, 13:37
Topic: An interesting flashback
Replies: 179
Views: 34583

I voted no. I can't pinpoint what it is about H-V that seems to lack that magnet of pulling or keeping my interest. One aspect I loathe tho, is the camera, underground darkness. The story lines for sure don't keep my interest and some bugs continue to drive me crazy. But I still hold hope this versi...
by addicted
Sep 17 2006, 20:26
Topic: Problems with Cheat Console after patch 1.03
Replies: 14
Views: 4989

This shouldn't even be a problem...the developers should have just put the cheat codes into the game so we could just type them in. It is almost ludicrous to have the general population have to figure out all this crap. I totally agree with you. In fact Nival said the cheat code console would retur...
by addicted
Sep 17 2006, 16:54
Topic: Problems with Cheat Console after patch 1.03
Replies: 14
Views: 4989

Re: Problems with Cheat Console after patch 1.03

Hey guys, After downloading the third patch, I added in the new line into the input file (bind show_console '`') in the correct position. I restarted my computer, opened up heroes, typed ` in a single player game and no console. Any suggestions anyone? Also, do the cheats work in the campaign games...
by addicted
Sep 16 2006, 4:55
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: What's it like? :)
Replies: 17
Views: 5333

Between night and day, apples and oranges! In my humble opinion, H-5 editor has a long way to go to be as good as H-4. The H-5 editor is complicated to use, laggy, and missing a lot of functions among other things. Hope you know programing!!! So with the H-5 editor, it ends map making for me as far ...
by addicted
Sep 15 2006, 19:23
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Q about map distribution
Replies: 28
Views: 9972

I have made several maps in the earlier versions of homm but I doubt I will be able to make anynew maps with the H-V editor version since it seems to be too complicated for me and I for sure don't have any desire to learn programing which this version seems to require. Yes, I personally feel the map...
by addicted
Sep 15 2006, 15:49
Topic: Seriousllly need help from a tech wiz.
Views: 6530

Ubi doesn't have a support contact in my country and international phone calls are very expensive. Well you can still use the 'online' Support to get help. Go to the above Support url in my last post or go to the UK Support website at: http://www.ubireg.com/uk/ Just follow the tutorial directions. ...
by addicted
Sep 15 2006, 13:47
Topic: Seriousllly need help from a tech wiz.
Views: 6530

There has to be a different solution, other than applying a cracked exe to a legally bought game. I also posted on the official frums and i've been completely ignored for days now. From what i saw there i'm not the only one with this kind of problem and a working solution is still not clear. Can so...
by addicted
Sep 15 2006, 13:36
Topic: Will you buy the expansion?
Replies: 47
Views: 9405

I voted 'Lemme think about it for a while'... I just hope they upgrade the editor to be more like homm-4's editor as I totally dislike their un-user friendly editor which everyone rants and raves about being like H-3. I guess I was spoiled with Homm4's editor which is so much easier to use and in my...
by addicted
Sep 14 2006, 14:57
Topic: Editor Manual Question???
Replies: 8
Views: 3080

How big is each of them? Are you referring to how many pages or file size in the editor manuals? if so, I will list them here. 1. Cheat Codes 1 page, size = 15 KB 2. Editor Practical Guide 67 pages, size = 5,538 KB 3. Editor Theory 1 page, size = 1427 KB 4. Hero Level & Exp. 31 pages, size = 26...
by addicted
Sep 14 2006, 12:17
Topic: Editor / How to load current nival maps?
Replies: 4
Views: 3376

I think you can open the maps pak files but I don't beleive you can edit the ubi's maps.. Check out this ubi forum url
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 2801002284

Go to advanced search