Search found 590 matches

by Psychobabble
16 Oct 2006, 03:25
Forum: Campfire
Topic: You-Tube
Replies: 37
Views: 9044

Well I fear for the once individuality and originality of this. Google just bought it, so expect it to become very commercial in nature. And once commercial in natture like everything else, it will have less originality and individuality. I don't understand this. YouTube's contents is entirely prod...
by Psychobabble
16 Oct 2006, 02:58
Forum: Campfire
Topic: HTML Javascript Popup Question
Replies: 4
Views: 2754

HTML Javascript Popup Question

Hey, I'm just trying to do something with popup images, I'm using this script: <script> PositionX = 100; PositionY = 100; defaultWidth = 370; defaultHeight = 510; var AutoClose = true; if (parseInt(navigator.appVersion.charAt(0))>=4){ var isNN=(navigator.appName=="Netscape")?1:0; var isIE=...
by Psychobabble
13 Oct 2006, 23:41
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War
Replies: 247
Views: 44798

Yeah, the WA patch 1.5 eliminated the CD check, which was nice.
by Psychobabble
11 Oct 2006, 23:25
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Dying community??
Replies: 172
Views: 36911

These forums get as many posts as they ever have and the map community, while slowed down by the editor obviously, has hit the ground running. We're getting a very healthy number of submissions for an editor ~1mth old.
by Psychobabble
09 Oct 2006, 03:49
Forum: News
Topic: VE Report: Girls Do It Online
Replies: 24
Views: 6888

Re: VE Report: Girls Do It Online

I'm sorry, I just don't believe it. If you have XP, go start/programs/games and look at all the ones with "internet" in front of them and then go into the latest version of msn and look at the list of games there. They, along with other casual (and usually free) games, make up the vast ma...
by Psychobabble
09 Oct 2006, 03:34

ThunderTitan wrote:(i'm thinking each enables it's own races).
Yeah, that'd make sense. So if both ppl have the original game the 2nd expansion but only one person had WA, they could play all races except IG. That doesn't seem to bad to me, I'd be surprised if they let people with only DC play as the IG.
by Psychobabble
08 Oct 2006, 23:18

That's a pretty unusual move to make the xpack a standalone game. And I don't quite understand that last part. Does that mean that no other races will be enabled w/o both the original game and WA installed or is it just that the original races will work with the orig. installed and the IG with WA in...
by Psychobabble
08 Oct 2006, 23:12
Topic: VE Report: Girls Do It Online
Replies: 24
Views: 6888

VE Report: Girls Do It Online

I think you'll find the figures include a lot of casual games, eg. msn/XP games.
by Psychobabble
05 Oct 2006, 00:05

ThunderTitan wrote:Wasn't sure about whether only the exp or the whle game took that much space.
Expansion is only 1 CD, so it can't be the full 1.3gb.
by Psychobabble
03 Oct 2006, 04:01
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Installing H5 maps with .rar extension
Replies: 5
Views: 4022

Ever since windowsXP integrated with .zip (you don't even need winzip to open zips anymore so everyone on XP will be able to open them), compressing anything in .rar seems like nothing more than a needless complication to me.
by Psychobabble
02 Oct 2006, 02:01
Topic: New Map: Dragon Hill
Replies: 8
Views: 2745

New Map: Dragon Hill

Excellent idea to replace the ugly mini-map with an overhead screenshot :).
by Psychobabble
30 Sep 2006, 11:16
Topic: instant travel spell causes extremely long AI turns
Replies: 8
Views: 7151

Good to know.

I wonder if that's why the final sylvan map had slow turns. What about map 4 Academy? Did the AI have the spell in that map.
by Psychobabble
28 Sep 2006, 08:33
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: how to get zehir to learn omniscience
Replies: 19
Views: 7696

I did it exactly as I described in the walkthrough. I never had to re-start, I just made sure I took the right skills and didn't get skills from witches huts which might muck up the path.
by Psychobabble
27 Sep 2006, 23:53

You need to use the big cannons. It took me a while to figure out that you had to manually shoot them,using the attack button.
by Psychobabble
27 Sep 2006, 22:01

Yeah, it should be pretty sweet.
by Psychobabble
27 Sep 2006, 14:00
Topic: [H5 EDITOR] Troubleshooting topic
Replies: 579
Views: 224141

Ok, thx for the replies. It looks like it should be ok.
by Psychobabble
27 Sep 2006, 09:07
Topic: [H5 EDITOR] Troubleshooting topic
Replies: 579
Views: 224141

Two questions: a) Is this all as complicated as it looks to a non-programmer like myself? Or is it possible for someone like me to pick the editor up and do basic scripts like making a text box or giving the player some resources? b) If you want to do anything even moderately fancy with the editor, ...
by Psychobabble
27 Sep 2006, 08:58
Forum: Articles
Topic: Map-Making Contest - 'A Little Challenge'
Replies: 30
Views: 9759

Holy cow, that's insane.... and people thought the H4 editor was complex! I haven't actually opened the editor yet, so I didn't realise how difficult this might be. I hope I'm not asking too much for people to make an "interesting" map. In all honesty, if this map editor is too difficult f...
by Psychobabble
27 Sep 2006, 06:54
Forum: Articles
Topic: Map-Making Contest - 'A Little Challenge'
Replies: 30
Views: 9759

Base game only, no mods, if that's what you mean.
by Psychobabble
27 Sep 2006, 05:34
Topic: Help requested regarding multiplayer/singleplayer maps
Replies: 11
Views: 7960

Re: Help requested regarding multiplayer/singleplayer maps

I've got quite some experience with editors [ I've made a couple of heroes 3/4 maps, but the experience I mainly have comes from doing countless things with the warcraft 3 editor ], so when I first opened the editor I already knew what my first map was going to be; the same thing as I did in heroes...

Go to advanced search