Search found 122 matches

by Blake
Jul 9 2012, 3:59
Forum: Campfire
Topic: What is your avatar and why?
Replies: 50
Views: 18790

Mine is the mighty Hero from the incredible HoMM V promotional trailer that unfortunately ended up looking better than the final game lol! Especially the Archangel and Archdevil! Here's a copy of it if folks don't remember the amazing trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2QAos9BSvU
by Blake
Jul 9 2012, 3:18
Topic: HoMM Similar Games & HoMM Total Conversion Mods List
Replies: 15
Views: 14498

Ohh yes thankyou I just looked Gemfire up, very DOS Kings Bounty like heh. I see its an old KOEI game. I love their old games like 'Romance of Three Kingdoms' and 'Gengis Khan'. You may of noticed I list one of their last big PC games 'Celtic Tales - Balor of the Evil Eye' above. By far the most gra...
by Blake
Jun 14 2012, 11:43

Thanks guys! :) Wow despite the fact I knew of Nivals Etherlords series I'd never actually seen them. I didn't know how similar they are in style to Heroes. Never heard of Heroes of Annihilated Empires before! I just played some videos of it and I can see how despite being an RTS game it sort of use...
by Blake
May 27 2012, 16:58

HoMM Similar Games & HoMM Total Conversion Mods List

Greetings fellow heroes, been a while since I last dropped by! :) I've been working on and off on a Heroes of Might & Magic section on my retro website over the last year containing information, pictures, videos and tips for the games. I've also been looking to expand it to list games similar to...
by Blake
Nov 1 2010, 3:26
Topic: HoMM Midis
Replies: 1
Views: 1155

mmm guess no one knew :( oh well I just used an mp3 for heroes 1 and midis for the rest.. was quiet surprised to find the excellent Heroes 5 midi! I few years back I wrote a guide for a friend I was intro'ing to heroes (I'm always trying to get people in the the series! :) ) and decided it would mak...
by Blake
Sep 19 2010, 14:51
Topic: HoMM Midis
Replies: 1
Views: 1155

HoMM Midis

Hi guys, been a while since I dropped in here! :) Am making up a HoMM section on my website and wouldn't mind getting my hands on some small midi music for the pages. Does anyone know a good site that has midi's from the heroes games?? Managed to find a couple for Heroes 3, 4 and 5 on hamienet, some...
by Blake
Jan 4 2010, 7:18
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: HOMM MMORPG rip-off? Heroes of Gaia
Replies: 7
Views: 5557

been playing it for 2 weeks now.. very buggy and the English translation is terrible in some parts but bloody hell am I addicted.. and yes sounds would be nice but oh well.. without sound I can sneak on to it at work lol! Stuff like this raises awareness of the Heores & Might and Magic world so ...
by Blake
Sep 21 2009, 6:01
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Loading H5 & HoF scenarios into ToTE
Replies: 2
Views: 1266

Loading H5 & HoF scenarios into ToTE

Hi guys, After playing the campaigns I've been wanting to play the scenarios for some time now but I'm rather stuck in a dilema lol.. If I play them in Heroes 5 1.6 I get all the nice interface tweeks and bug fixes that the latest patch offers but there are no caravans. If I load them in HoF 2.1 I g...
by Blake
May 2 2009, 10:35
Forum: News
Topic: Might and Magic Tribute Revival?
Replies: 17
Views: 4105

Might and Magic Tribute Revival?

WOW
by Blake
Apr 12 2009, 9:46
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Old School Games
Replies: 6
Views: 1886

Old School Games

haha seen that so many times in the 90's and this decade too.. I still love heroes 1.. including the graphics!!
by Blake
Dec 30 2008, 9:28
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord
Replies: 90
Views: 35427

The Ranger - The Vampire Lord

wow.. that's a weird problem.. are you sure Nicoli is dead?? the scenario ended the moment I killed him despite that fact I hadn't taken all of his cities. Do you still get a 'teal player moves' when you click end of turn.. if you do then he's still out there somewhere.. if you don't then restart th...
by Blake
Dec 27 2008, 8:12
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Ranger → The Refugees
Replies: 59
Views: 23077

The Ranger → The Refugees

Well I've got patch 1.6 installed and Biara charged in to her death as planned.. although I was only playing on easy..
by Blake
Dec 16 2007, 3:03
Topic: HoMM Kingdoms Announced
Replies: 80
Views: 16178

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Wow.. as a big Utopia fan this is great news. Some of those screens had a bit of a Master of Magic feel to them too. Very promising. It’s likely the game with be like Utopia in that it uses advertising to pay for its fees. Ubisoft will likely use it as a platform to advertise all their other games i...
by Blake
Sep 8 2007, 0:01
Topic: Heroes 5 isn't a true Heroes of Might & Magic game.
Replies: 138
Views: 27856

Apologies for the delayed responses. Work’s been a real b****. Blake - Really liked your post, very well written. Totally agree with you. Thanks! ;) But I will argue against all this foolish talk of Ubisoft killing HoMM. 3DO (almost) killed the series (just ask all the ex-NWC employees, I can still ...
by Blake
Sep 5 2007, 11:10
Topic: Heroes 5 isn't a true Heroes of Might & Magic game.
Replies: 138
Views: 27856

Arrgh.. As an old active member of the previous round table and the 3DO and Ubisoft Heroes forums I was pretty much done discussing all aspects of Heroes games and have been content to simply lurk the forums for the last few years (excpet for the occasional replies to news posts on the main site) bu...
by Blake
Aug 15 2007, 10:12
Topic: Forumtalk: The RTC is Back With a Vengeance
Replies: 10
Views: 1302

Forumtalk: The RTC is Back

hmm does Kalah always talk about himself in the 3rd person? ;P
by Blake
Apr 9 2006, 1:18
Topic: Heroes V Deluxe Edition
Replies: 43
Views: 14728

Heroes V Deluxe Edition

Guys.. this was posted on the Ubi forums by the Sales guys: -------- Hello All, We post this message to clarify everything: The Heroes of Might & Magic V Deluxe Edition is the edition that will be included in the Super Collectors Edition. We did not have the exact content of this Deluxe Edition when...
by Blake
Mar 29 2006, 10:22
Topic: Patches moved to CH!
Replies: 11
Views: 1934

Patches moved to CH!

You should put up the brilliant home made patches for M&M6-7-8 from TELP's Taverns. You don't even need the M&M help guide on this site after you install these babies.. http://strony.aster.pl/mokmtg/mm6_eng_patch.exe http://strony.aster.pl/mokmtg/mm7_eng_xp.exe http://strony.aster.pl/mokmtg/mm8_eng_...
by Blake
Mar 17 2006, 13:08
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might & Magic 8 - Balthazar Lair
Views: 9825

Ahh thats what I figured, but I thought I'd double check as I was worried I triggered a bug.

I'm doing the lake of fire quest for him at the moment so I guess I'll just have to wait for all the goodies that the lair's residents will give me.. ;)

Thanks guys!
by Blake
Mar 16 2006, 9:25
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might & Magic 8 - Balthazar Lair
Views: 9825

Might & Magic 8 - Balthazar Lair

Hi guys, I've been well overdue to get my new account setup since the move but I've finally got off my butt and here I am! ;) I've got a strange problem with Balthazar's Lair. I've killed all the sea creatures and have flicked all the switches in the correct order and have flicked the finale switch ...

Go to advanced search