Search found 80 matches

by Khelavaster
May 22 2006, 14:20
Forum: News
Topic: First Online Review: 8/10
Replies: 26
Views: 5305

First Online Review: 8/10

I wonder if Gamespot´s review will beat HOMM IV´s review at 8.6?
by Khelavaster
May 21 2006, 20:15
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 5 Musical Score
Replies: 30
Views: 7076

I, too, think HOMM2's music is the best in the series. Especially the music in the expansion (Price of Loyalty). That Sorceress tune is just beautiful!! One that has eluded me over the years is the music for HOMM1. I'd love to have that one too, simpler but evocative. Does anyone know how if rips/so...
by Khelavaster
May 21 2006, 11:19
Forum: News
Topic: First Patch Announced
Replies: 85
Views: 15949

First Patch Announced

The game looks beautiful but it's still a strategy game and without strategic AI any change they may introduce is moot. I'm sure there're a lot of casual players that will enjoy the "challenge" anyway between bouts at Zuma, but I would much rather they left the typos and bugs intact and produce some...
by Khelavaster
May 20 2006, 15:06
Topic: Is there good news about the AI?
Views: 8535

I think we should face the fact: The AI in HoMM5 is pretty good. No matter how hard it is to accept that they managed to pull it off, you can't smack around the AI any way you like. Linky, the fact that you cannot smack around an artificially inflated AI hero who's been given lots of troops and res...
by Khelavaster
May 20 2006, 11:24

I hear you Ovarwa. As it is now, only players willing to engage in puzzles rather than maps (for campaigns) or neutral stack killingfests (for customs) or multiplayer need apply.

People who enjoyed single player from HOMMs 1-3 should be very wary.

Khel.
by Khelavaster
May 20 2006, 11:20
Topic: Heroes V Easter Eggs
Replies: 73
Views: 28577

Inhumation or Inhumatio?? They can't even be consistent in an Easter Egg... :(
by Khelavaster
May 18 2006, 18:17
Topic: Slowdown observations
Replies: 3
Views: 2051

The problem is that this is apparently a random problem. It is clear that on such a rig the game should experience absolutely NO SLOWDOWNS, no matter how low you set the camera. Others, however, have said that the game runs perfectly smooth on their machines. So I´m guessing the problem is tied to a...
by Khelavaster
May 18 2006, 15:41
Topic: How does HOMMV perform in your machine (pls list your specs)
Replies: 55
Views: 9411

Right Wolfshanze, the poll is wildly inaccurate (you could even say that everyone choosing "great" are simply less demanding gamers who can live with 15 FPS), but I´m afraid more detail would have made it unwieldly. As it is, it´s just a guidance and a beacon for people to post their specs in detail...
by Khelavaster
May 18 2006, 14:28

The objection is true - to be truly relevant only people with systems that reasonable exceed the minimum requirements and are reasonably close to the recommended specs should participate. Otherwise those with old machines will yield logically low results.

Khel.
by Khelavaster
May 18 2006, 13:02

How does HOMMV perform in your machine (pls list your specs)

Hi people, I figured I would create this poll to try to understand why HOMMV is such an underperformer in some rigs and makes a good show in others. From what I´ve read I´m thinking that Nvidia users may be experiencing more performance related issues than ATI card owners. Thus this poll. For more c...
by Khelavaster
May 18 2006, 12:51
Topic: My quick review
Views: 12116

What I´m gleaning from all this is that Nvidia cards might have got the short end of the stick.... I, too have AoE3 installed along with several other games and definitely HOMMV is the worst performer of the bunch...

Khelavaster
by Khelavaster
May 17 2006, 21:37

Here are my specs: Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1 Gig RAM Geforce 6600 GT 128 I´d say, given that I can run Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Call of Duty 2 and the Rise of Legends demo without a hitch, that my machine can handle pretty much any current-gen game out there, even when the processor speed is...
by Khelavaster
May 17 2006, 13:01
Topic: Bugs in HV...
Replies: 196
Views: 54252

Another one spotted. The Tavern section where you can see other faction´s info (ex Thieves Guild) doesn´t seem to work properly. Here I had several Paladins but still the Priest was listed as "best creature" in my army. Also, are they sorted from left to right in terms of better to worse? Really a b...
by Khelavaster
May 17 2006, 10:57
Topic: It's here!
Replies: 66
Views: 12160

Lol Minmaster, you may have to change your avatar... they say that the Inquisitor got a weird helmet. I wonder what was wrong with the bald guy (who's still featured in the main menu animation)

Khelavaster
by Khelavaster
May 17 2006, 10:42

The whole settings thing stinks of a rush job and was clearly unfinished. To date I still don't know what "No eyecandies" accomplishes, and why the tooltip contradicts the option. The game needs optimization badly, or at least an "Advanced" options page -like any other modern game- where you can fin...
by Khelavaster
May 17 2006, 10:29
Topic: clarification about building stuff
Replies: 5
Views: 2221

I could have sworn this feature was already included in the demo? :idea:

Khelavaster
by Khelavaster
May 17 2006, 10:26

Just a guess - I think the choppiness is more severe in "green" maps. Underground runs fine and desert runs decent, so I'm blaming the trees. btw, I have a Geforce 6600 GT 1Gig RAM and the choppiness is enough to be disheartening, definitely hurts the game experience. Setting the graphic options to ...
by Khelavaster
May 17 2006, 10:04

Unfortunately the news is not that good. While HOMM 4 Strategic AI was almost completely broken, the battle AI was decent. In the case of HOMM 5 we got a pretty flawed AI both at the strategic and tactical level. Case in point: I faced 6 Archdevils with my - admittedly powerful - army. It seems that...
by Khelavaster
May 16 2006, 20:27
Topic: Strategic AI + memory leaks: worrying stuff
Replies: 84
Views: 24313

If I'm not mistaken the performance takes a big hit in tree-infested maps. Also, lowering every option to very low, no AA/AF doesn't help, you still get the stuttering when facing the rest of the map (even if it's hidden under the fog)

Khelavaster
by Khelavaster
May 16 2006, 20:17
Topic: Bug in the Inferno campaign mission order
Replies: 10
Views: 3205

Might as well start a new bug thread and make it sticky - the game is crawling with bugs, like the turn progress bar for the AI saying "red player turn" when the color is green, or the Dungeon offering upgrading Scouts to Scouts (should be Assassins.) Granted these are very minor and may have been i...

Go to advanced search