Search found 910 matches

by Campaigner
05 May 2007, 08:14
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Party based cRPGs?
Replies: 25
Views: 11601

I've always liked Diablo best since you had perfect control over your character but KotOR was good too with a party of three. I voted "single character" but really it would be "single character and picking characters up by the way".
by Campaigner
05 May 2007, 07:56
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: When to start creeping?
Replies: 8
Views: 2753

Depends on the faction and guardians ofcourse but generally: Academy : When I got Master Gremlins Haven : When I get Archers Sylvan : Against ranged/casters, 7 stacks of 1 Sprite with a secondary hero then the same with Ossir (main hero) Inferno : Against ranged/casters, 7 stacks of Demons while Bia...
by Campaigner
04 May 2007, 12:44
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: First info about Stardocks upcoming fantasy strategy 4x TBS
Replies: 6
Views: 3228

First info about Stardocks upcoming fantasy strategy 4x TBS

It's unofficial and a bit abstract but it's here.
by Campaigner
04 May 2007, 09:55
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Art of Movie Making
Replies: 5
Views: 2466

The Art of Movie Making

Now we await the lame Dracogeddon vs everything tactic and a specific counter to the dracogeddon that doesn't work against anything else.
by Campaigner
03 May 2007, 09:20
Topic: Heroes 5 imbalance
Replies: 6
Views: 2285

The classic discussion about balance and fairness in multiplayer....add something to enhance singleplayer and you get it in the neck in multiplayer.... One way to solve it is to just accept whatever comes along since if you're lucky one game he can be lucky the next one. I would do that. I would thi...
by Campaigner
02 May 2007, 11:53
Topic: alternative upgrade level?
Replies: 96
Views: 13643

So who wants to bet that "the gamedevelopers of the damned" will teach the A.I to field effective mixes of creatures? :rofl:
by Campaigner
02 May 2007, 06:55
Topic: alternative upgrade level?
Replies: 96
Views: 13643

It's more of a theme if you have to choose one of the other instead of mixing to get the best possible group and it would fit with RPG maps alot more. It would also make balancing a bit easier since you can have f.e an offence oriented Haven lineup where the creatures are better individually but are...
by Campaigner
02 May 2007, 05:02
Forum: News
Topic: Free GameTap (and M&M?) Soon
Replies: 12
Views: 3533

I hate when something good like this gets announced and you find out by yourself that it's only available in the states. I expected to get told in the newsitem that it was like that :mad:
by Campaigner
30 Apr 2007, 08:23
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Back to HII
Replies: 33
Views: 9972

Ah good to know. And always equal sizes?
by Campaigner
30 Apr 2007, 07:56
Topic: Back to HII
Replies: 33
Views: 9972

Was there a way to manipulate the stacks in Heroes II so you faced one big stack or five small? I remember it in Heroes III but not in part 2.
by Campaigner
29 Apr 2007, 11:53
Forum: Articles
Topic: Tribes of the East Spells
Replies: 100
Views: 28411

Luckily I've given up on Heroes V quite some time ago since they wont fix what I want fixed and it can't be modded either. But for those who were still hoping for some might vs magic balance.....lol! Talk about getting your hopes destroyed! This is laughably bad. Arcane Crystal and Blade Barrier wil...
by Campaigner
29 Apr 2007, 02:16
Topic: King´s Bounty Trailer and Shots
Replies: 58
Views: 12118

Zam: When I think about it, it depends on the game. With cartoony characters as in Heroes II or this Kings Bounty game blood might not fit. But in Age of Wonders it was cool as there came a few spots everytime you hit a unit and an expanding small pool when a unit died. I guess it was selectable.
by Campaigner
26 Apr 2007, 18:06
Topic: emphasize strength or compensate weakness?
Replies: 28
Views: 11110

I consider the Wizards ranged troops a strenght and boosting them is boosting one of his strenghts :) The Wizard has always had good ranged attackers that have always had more attack than defense (unlike Heroes II Lich f.e.)
by Campaigner
26 Apr 2007, 18:00

WhiteRider: Check pic 3 and you'll see small smileys downleft in their portraits :)
by Campaigner
26 Apr 2007, 17:37
Topic: emphasize strength or compensate weakness?
Replies: 28
Views: 11110

Depends. With Wizard I like to emphazize his strenghts by going the completely magicroute with Sorcery that make him a good spellcaster, Summoning Magic that makes best use of Spellpower together with Archery and Battle Frenzy from Attack and expertlvl artifacts for the Master Gremlins. If facing ca...
by Campaigner
26 Apr 2007, 04:04

Trailer was kinda good. Impressive with the minimovies running in the lower part of the window :) It looks good. Graphics are great, but the animations when creatures get hit lack blood, wounds or a cool effect (Yes, I care about that). All I can think of now is that they balance it. On to the scree...
by Campaigner
25 Apr 2007, 05:21

Gonna see the trailer later. But am I the only one who can't view the screenshots on that worthplaying site?? They just look like 'ad''ad''ad' and when I click on'em I get a javascript popup that's completely white!

Oh, firewall....
by Campaigner
24 Apr 2007, 05:19
Topic: Heroes Of Might and Magic 4? what the hell was that?
Replies: 49
Views: 12357

You don't like that people dislike HIV and now you try to make my points less valid huh? :D When I talked about the graphics and animations, I don't mean the 3D technology behind them. I mean that specific gamegraphic. Considering I'm about to start playing Heroes II again, hightech graphics isn't v...
by Campaigner
23 Apr 2007, 17:56
Topic: Peasants vs. Conscripts
Replies: 30
Views: 10219

With the new limit on training I would train as many as I can every week to get as many Crossbowmen as possible which will make using them as taxpayers useless. Therefore I would upgrade them to Conscripts and use them in combat and ofcourse as quickstriking distractors.
by Campaigner
23 Apr 2007, 15:33
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Is it time to transfer?
Replies: 50
Views: 10669

I always feel so dumb when somebody posts about his university studies. Should maybe go to university myself but it's quite tough :s (Also need to meet the demands....but university studies are free here in Sweden :)) Hey Banedon , does Singapore got the same schoollvl system like Europe? You know, ...

Go to advanced search