Search found 456 matches

by Darmani
14 Dec 2012, 04:47
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Arctor (Dark Messiah spoilers)
Replies: 4
Views: 3213

It's not hinted; it's explicitly stated. If you kill Leanna in Chapter 8 instead of rescuing her or ignoring her, Xana will tell you she's the last Falcon.
by Darmani
29 Nov 2012, 14:32
Forum: King's Bounty
Topic: Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North
Replies: 20
Views: 21268

The big failure mode of the King's Bounty games is that, as it goes on, you become too powerful for the enemies around you and stop needing to try, or you fail to become powerful enough, take heavy losses and run out of money, and need to start over. (I like the mini-campaigns in Crossworlds a lot f...
by Darmani
20 Sep 2012, 04:30
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod
Replies: 101
Views: 162347

We spent a lot of hours last month making it possible to add new creatures without touching any code. That doesn't produce any flashy screenshots. But that let a team member have fun adding five new creatures over a couple days, which does. Introducing the harpy, bloodsucker, black knight, treant, a...
by Darmani
18 Apr 2012, 06:19

There were definitely some growing pains involved in going from 4 to 10 people in a bit over a week; it took a bit too long for the Game Creation Society to get our repository up. Most of the members have been chipping in a bit each week, which is the expected commitment. Just so no-one lynches me i...
by Darmani
24 Mar 2012, 22:56

As I've said XEL, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. ;)
by Darmani
21 Mar 2012, 00:51

XEL is completely right, but the Ironfists may have some secrets they're hiding. Hopefully it won't be too long before we release the first few missions and answer some questions....and create a lot more.
by Darmani
20 Mar 2012, 17:49

VARN is an artificial world. In some ways, no-one originated there. ;)
by Darmani
20 Mar 2012, 16:35

Some of the aspects are still being finalized, so we won't be revealing the plot to people not interested in chipping in. That particular question has been debated heavily.
by Darmani
20 Mar 2012, 14:52

SirTometheus: Oh man, a community visitor! I'm not sure -- most of the games presented are the more finished ones from previous semesters. Whether we do or don't, you should definitely be able to track down a team member and get a private screening. :) XEL: We're not changing the backstory, but exte...
by Darmani
19 Mar 2012, 07:34

If we did that, they would stick out like a sore thumb.

Not a bad idea for prototyping though.
by Darmani
18 Mar 2012, 18:14

Thank you!

We can use all types of people. New team members are always welcome. It's just that, at the moment we could use a horde of artists, but only have one. Hopefully, in a month we'll need a horde of mapmakers and playtesters. :)
by Darmani
18 Mar 2012, 04:41

Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod

When Richard of Aria lost his hand in battle, the wizard Rothbard presented him a new one, one fueled by an internal lightning, with a mind of its own and the strength of a thousand men. On that day, he became Richard, King Ironfist. On that day, he condemned his family to centuries of betrayal and...
by Darmani
30 Dec 2011, 11:29
Topic: Inner workings of the HoMM II AI
Replies: 16
Views: 10438

This isn't *really* AI, but Chain Lightning So, Chain Lightning hits a creature, and then moves on to the nearest creature which isn't immune. But how does it determine nearest? What measure of distance does it use? Pixels. It simply computes the Euclidean distance from the center pixel of one stack...
by Darmani
18 Sep 2011, 07:17
Topic: Recommed custom soundtracks for Heroes 3 towns!
Replies: 9
Views: 4781

Two songs which I think are especially fitting for HoMM are "Welcome to Your Fantasy" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSLfie8ntk8) by Future World Music, and "Moonlight Armies" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qipcloNV4tE) by Two Steps from Hell. Both companies have huge volumes o...
by Darmani
27 Aug 2011, 04:00
Forum: King's Bounty
Topic: King's Bounty: Legions
Replies: 3
Views: 5244

King's Bounty: Legions

There's a new Facebook game based on King's Bounty: The Legend called King's Bounty: Legions (http://apps.facebook.com/kingsbountylegions/), created by....Nival. I've just started playing it. So, far it seems to basically be the basic combat mechanics of King's Bounty (somewhat simplified), with the...
by Darmani
07 Aug 2011, 14:37
Topic: heroes 2 new age ? what is this ???
Views: 9315

Thanks! I never noticed the book next to the lich. I've learned that it's just as possible for artists to be terrible designers as it is for programmers to be. And it seems this guy is merely a clever arguer. The ability to "tactics" - it's good or bad? This is very bad. Imagine what would...
by Darmani
07 Aug 2011, 05:07

I couldn't understand how to send this guy money, and I'd appreciate it if a Russian speaker could help me out; I'd really like to get in touch with this guy.
by Darmani
07 Aug 2011, 04:34

I have not found a clear statement of what it is. The best I found was this, at the end of a rant against "meat" units (units whose only purpose is to soak up damage). In summary, I hope that the findings of the above will now be able to make each one of you. Findings are clear as day: we ...
by Darmani
10 Jul 2011, 14:52
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Any boardgamers?
Replies: 57
Views: 53961

Look for board game clubs in your area. I belong to my university's board game club. Current students actually form a minority. A lot of the other regulars are alumni, but some have no affiliation with the school. I know there's also a group which meets every weekend at a cafe in New York to play bo...
by Darmani
05 Jul 2011, 04:48
Topic: Inner workings of the HoMM II AI
Replies: 16
Views: 10438

General notes Rounding occurs in a lot of places, and I haven't really been tracking where. Also, note that the effects for Slow and Curse have negative heuristics, while the rest have nonnegative heuristics. However, the signs of all effect heuristics are often adjusted, so that e.g.: detrimental ...

Go to advanced search