Search found 427 matches

by Ya5MieL
Apr 25 2008, 8:53
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: homm5 v. homm3
Replies: 19
Views: 4527

Classic camera makes the game quite better. (btw i don't think its even possible to rotate when in classic mode).

Other than that, pressing alt highlights all objects on map, so it can be helpfull as well.
by Ya5MieL
Apr 24 2008, 20:18
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Baldur's Gate
Replies: 557
Views: 64590

i never managed to finish baldur's gate 1. Finished bg2 twice but bg1 seemed boring in comparison.

Started playing it 3 times, and quited 2 times in BG city, once somewhere in chapter 3.

I need to give it a fourth go.
by Ya5MieL
Apr 23 2008, 12:16
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Fictional new H3 hero specialties
Replies: 6
Views: 1540

Ideas are nice but i must notice that most of them are not level dependant, or in other words, they are same at level 1 as they are on level 80. That makes their destiny tied to being a secondary hero imho.

I always like heroes whose power grows with levels.
by Ya5MieL
Apr 22 2008, 20:29
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Majesty 2
Replies: 30
Views: 10369

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
by Ya5MieL
Apr 18 2008, 19:57
Topic: HII in XP: nearly 100% CPU usage
Replies: 34
Views: 20166

I have the same problem, but can live with it. :)
After all H2 isn't among hottest games nowadays :P.
by Ya5MieL
Apr 18 2008, 18:27
Topic: Any mod worth downloading???
Replies: 12
Views: 2193

Legends of the Ancients. Series of campaigns set in old Might and Magic universe that takes advantage of moding abilities of the game. http://lota.celestialheavens.com Quoting myself - It IS a campaign, but it uses the MOD-s in a way many custom maps do. Anyway, here is an interesting thread that l...
by Ya5MieL
Apr 14 2008, 18:41

Legends of the Ancients.

Series of campaigns set in old Might and Magic universe that takes advantage of moding abilities of the game.

http://lota.celestialheavens.com
by Ya5MieL
Apr 14 2008, 8:09

Heavily MODDED campaign :P
by Ya5MieL
Apr 13 2008, 17:25

You heard it wrong. game is more more balanced than any other official heroes game in the series. (it still has several flaws tho)

As for mod recommendations, one is way ahead of any others, and that is LotA MOD, hosted on celestial heavens.
by Ya5MieL
Apr 10 2008, 16:02
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Should the Merchant skill effect the whole party?
Replies: 15
Views: 3171

This is nice idea, but i would "depict" it differently. Imagine that your highest merchant fella is selling the equipment for their comrades, even if it is in their backpacks. (contrary to all characters getting merchant boost). Same should be for many other misc skills (i.e. it would be e...
by Ya5MieL
Apr 10 2008, 15:56
Topic: Regarding the H4 grass theme
Replies: 3
Views: 1150

Would be nice if i could recall the grass theme, but im drawing a blank atm. What was it like?

All i remember that one of the themes in H4 was a direct copy of a melody from another game (something that king and romero don't do that often, recycling their work)
by Ya5MieL
Apr 10 2008, 10:52
Topic: SoD+campaign+elixir of life+thief in the night
Replies: 10
Views: 2771

There is no way you could load a game without it being in games folder. The code requires that exact location.
by Ya5MieL
Apr 8 2008, 21:10
Topic: Soldier's Luck in TOE
Replies: 7
Views: 4142

Soldier's luck definetly improves torpor chances, but you need to have a big stack of princes to get a decent chance of it triggering.
by Ya5MieL
Apr 8 2008, 3:45
Topic: All around worst hero?
Replies: 23
Views: 7107

It only ignores magic resistance (which is neither immunity, not magic-proof).

EXTREMELY situational..... and even when situation is right, it is weak.
by Ya5MieL
Apr 7 2008, 8:04
Topic: All around worst hero?
Replies: 23
Views: 7107

Game's worst main heroes doesn't equal game's worst heroes overall. Ellaine can be very good as secondary hero. Galib is great secondary(collector) due to fast resourcefulness, and he can be good main as well, tho it is very situational. Magic Mirror triggers 50% of the times, which is considerable,...
by Ya5MieL
Apr 4 2008, 9:24
Topic: Ultimate Rage - when?
Replies: 15
Views: 4819

Skill is ok as it should be. It was not a mistake, it was intended that way. So developers did it exactly the way they wanted it, and it is perfectly fine imho.

Next thing people would want is quadruple ballista, which can only be achieved by wearing an artifact as well.
by Ya5MieL
Apr 2 2008, 21:46
Topic: Balanced Difficulty level for H5 TotE
Replies: 22
Views: 10178

Just to make it clear, this was random 1st april babbling.
by Ya5MieL
Apr 2 2008, 21:29
Topic: "Stealth" surrendering? News to me...
Replies: 5
Views: 1460

You should not pay much notice to random ramblings on April the first. Didn't thought it would actually lead to some people testing it, i was just fooling that guy in other thread...

:P

Sleep well!
by Ya5MieL
Apr 1 2008, 21:26
Topic: Balanced Difficulty level for H5 TotE
Replies: 22
Views: 10178

It has been the same in all heroes games. Its a payoff for AI-s general handicap of not having a brain :P

He doesn't use this to his advantage so it cant be counted as town portal, just a free surrendering.
by Ya5MieL
Apr 1 2008, 16:49
Topic: Massive multiplayer bug discovered in Heroes 3!
Replies: 9
Views: 4000

While the bug might indeed exist (i wouldn't be surprised), it seems it was not causing many problems, otherwise it would be noticed much sooner. Thats why we should all switch to H5 :P Anyway. I don't think editing this might be possible atm.. but it could be useful to groups that are trying to rec...

Go to advanced search