by Ya5MieL
14 Jun 2011, 23:58
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes VI Combat Video 2
Replies: 41
Views: 12427

Heroes VI Combat Video 2

Irina did her presentation well.

The combat itself shows that there is more emphasis on creature abilities than raw stats. Will this be for better or worse - remains to be seen.
by Ya5MieL
12 Jun 2011, 00:25
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Fireball
Replies: 13
Views: 4199

Fireball

Mermaid
by Ya5MieL
08 Jun 2011, 18:52
Topic: Might and Magic Raiders?
Views: 19520

Might and Magic Raiders?

> So if Ubi ever wants they can easily justify it with minimum lore changes (like the cosmic egg being a space ship) and just adding new stuff. <

And that is what keeps hopes of salvation up, even as unlikely as it actually is.
Edited on Wed, Jun 08 2011, 14:52 by Ya5MieL
by Ya5MieL
07 Jun 2011, 15:19
Topic: Might and Magic Raiders?
Views: 19520

Might and Magic Raiders?

I would prefer "Raiders of Might and Magic". But the more games - the merrier.
by Ya5MieL
19 May 2011, 18:54
Topic: Video: Music & Sound Making Of
Replies: 30
Views: 12047

Video: Music & Sound Making Of

This was indeed a great video.

I'm really hyped to hear the remixes of older Might and Magic tunes in full glory. Makes the soundtrack bonus in certain editions even more interesting.

Now if only i could actually grab a physical copy of Collector edition.
by Ya5MieL
15 Apr 2011, 17:53
Forum: Articles
Topic: Clash of Heroes HD is Out
Replies: 26
Views: 11924

Clash of Heroes Achievements/Trophies

While i found CoH a very nice game, it never warranted such high marks. Gameplay is interesting but gets old after some time (to me it happened in first 30% of game) after which it was just rinse and repeat grindfest. A 7/10 for style and new system. But it will always stay a minigame by design (a g...
by Ya5MieL
15 Mar 2011, 13:21
Topic: The Hype, The Hype
Replies: 16
Views: 6292

The Hype, The Hype

It's a matter of opinion. Of all things listed i would only agree that it's somewhat consistent with the story. It is in no way intriguing or aesthetically appealing to me. :) I would prefer minimalistic cover in lines of previous gold edition. While it might be ok cover for single character RPG or ...
by Ya5MieL
16 Feb 2011, 18:46
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Is it naga faction ?
Replies: 264
Views: 107702

killersheep wrote:it still doesn't make any sense
the hand that could grab it is already occupied|
Unless there is an extra pair of hands around. :P

Yah, a long shot, i know.
by Ya5MieL
10 Feb 2011, 16:34
Topic: Inferno Landscape
Replies: 12
Views: 3484

Inferno Landscape

It indeed looks less cluttered. That could in turn speed up the gameplay. Nice work.
by Ya5MieL
19 Oct 2009, 18:04
Topic: Changes in the M&M Brand Name?
Replies: 36
Views: 15009

Changes in the M&M Brand Name?

If you google for early H5, HoF and TotE boxarts they are all using the Might and Magic: Heroes 5 label. There were small uprisings in Europe before any of those went gold so they changed it to classic version on at least some of the boxes if not all.
by Ya5MieL
18 Oct 2008, 01:11
Topic: Q&A: Mike Morhaime on DRM, WoW and the next MMO
Replies: 23
Views: 5358

Q&A: Mike Morhaime on DRM, WoW and the next MMO

Best thing i ever saw was messing up the game for pirated copy. If you had illegal copy of settlers 3 your blacksmith would produce pigs instead of iron bars, thus crippling your ability to have decent economy. Or so was the myth.... In the end it turns out to be a bug, even tho it strangely appeare...
by Ya5MieL
23 Sep 2008, 12:27
Topic: King´s Bounty English Demo
Replies: 73
Views: 22079

King´s Bounty English Demo

Well, when you put it that way it seems to be 1,25€ for a hour of game-play which indeed isn't a bargain :P. But I'm quite satisfied with 30 (and hopefully 40-45 with full quests and exploration), considering most games last even less than that. Price, I'm not satisfied with if that's true. Especial...
by Ya5MieL
23 Sep 2008, 11:34

Yes, there will most likely be far less replay-ability than in heroes game, but we expect that replay-ability simply because we are heroes players that are used to it. Authors said the game will take 30-ish or so hours to finish, which is quite a decent amount of fun for an today's computer game. I ...
by Ya5MieL
16 Sep 2008, 22:52

Another great day in Heroes/KB fan diary. The game (at least judging by the demo i finished) is everything i hoped for. In the essence game is a lot simpler than heroes, and doesn't try to prove otherwise. From the menu screen ahead, it seems creators wanted to create exactly the Kings Bounty game, ...
by Ya5MieL
08 Sep 2008, 01:37
Topic: LotA Book 3 Back on Track
Replies: 27
Views: 15598

LotA Book 3 Back on Track

Nice to see this project still going strong, and addition of Corlagon to the boat can bring only more good things.

Only bad thing with this is that it will raise my expectations even further :)
by Ya5MieL
25 Aug 2008, 20:04
Topic: Patch 3.1 Available for Download
Replies: 24
Views: 8575

Patch 3.1 Available for Download

Thought it would be ok to list undocumented changes here(copy from HC thread) Zealot: 2 more shots added (overall 7) Horned Leaper: +1 defence, -1 initiative, double damage on retaliation after leaping(200%). Neutrals now move randomly about when their enemies turn invisible. Death wail does double ...
by Ya5MieL
04 Jun 2008, 11:22
Topic: Time to Talk Heroes 6?
Replies: 96
Views: 30803

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Ever thought that your definition was wrong? (Not that I'm saying that it is) Whining is ok in decent measures but what you do is simply evil intended bashing of a game. Some of us like the game, even with its few flaws. You could try respecting other player's thoughts and impressions. You obviously...
by Ya5MieL
03 Jun 2008, 13:55
Topic: Time to Talk Heroes 6?
Replies: 96
Views: 30803

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

If they make decent upgrade of great H5 game, it will surely be even greater product. Now, little more work on user friendly editor and better multiplayer support are indeed needed but that is not enough to mark the game as bad. H5 fulfilled almost all my expectations from Heroes sequel. Nival for t...
by Ya5MieL
14 May 2008, 02:10
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Heroes like free browser game (heroes of war and money)
Replies: 2
Views: 4216

Heroes like free browser game (heroes of war and money)

i stumbled upon this game that is made in honor to homm (and m&m, since you can play arcomage as well :P).

http://www.heroeswm.com/?rid=7804
by Ya5MieL
27 Apr 2008, 23:56
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: How may abilities per skill?
Replies: 4
Views: 2209

I would recommend reading the fan manual (which is included in game folder) before asking questions that are already explained there.

Go to advanced search