Search found 74 matches

by ChimTheGrim
20 May 2011, 20:53
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: So what's with Blackhole's trailers?
Replies: 30
Views: 14191

http://videos.uk.ubi.com/videos/vrpy338 ... ing-of.htm :proud:

Ok, they show that they know how to make a trailer.
by ChimTheGrim
13 May 2011, 03:18
Topic: Heroes 6 wish list
Replies: 39
Views: 22978

hmmmm..... well then.

Yea so Heroes VI, I'd love some 2D town screens like in HoMM III except with added effects (since its 2011... ya know?). I think that's asking too much from a multibillion dollar company like Ubisoft though.
by ChimTheGrim
11 May 2011, 02:17

The point I'm making is that when you have a big announcement like a new faction, show me the faction and some story, gameplay, or cinematic of the faction. THEN, after that give a developer diary. That is the norm. It is not normal to have a huge announcement, and then instead of showing the actual...
by ChimTheGrim
09 May 2011, 14:33
Topic: HVI units (images)
Replies: 227
Views: 172230

Good point--it doesn't really matter either way.
by ChimTheGrim
09 May 2011, 01:36

You would have to ask Ubisoft for that. The word Kami is used as "spirit" just as much as "God." I studied abroad in Japan and lived in a suburb of Tokyo for a year. My understanding of Japanese is conversational. I also attended church while I was there a few times. The word &q...
by ChimTheGrim
09 May 2011, 01:30
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 55811

I am excited that it seems they are emphasizing the "Might" just as much as the "magic" and the "hero" aspect of the game. So there are like 6 heroes for each faction, 3 might and 3 magic. i really like that they are doing this, so we'll see how it works. I hope that th...
by ChimTheGrim
09 May 2011, 01:20

I'm not sure how old you are, but Blizzard was a relatively small company before WoW was released. Also, their cinematics in Warcraft III (came out in 2002) were of the highest quality at a time when Blizzard was a company of roughly 80 to 100 developers--the Warcraft III team only being 35 to 40 d...
by ChimTheGrim
05 May 2011, 21:08

I think kami translated as god isn't as accurate as if you use spirit instead. It means both... check the 2nd definition: http://www.jisho.org/words?jap=kami&eng=&dict=edict Of course it does because there's no 100% equivalent word for it. But seeing how all the supernatural things are kami...
by ChimTheGrim
05 May 2011, 20:15

Because they aren't making endless amounts of cash from WoW, or have their own in-house CGI team, so that's the only cinematic we''ll get for teh game. And if you've never seen a video of a Blizz employee talking about Diablo 3 gameplay and story is because you haven't been paying attention. There ...
by ChimTheGrim
05 May 2011, 16:15

I just feel like these two guys are taking away from the feel you get when you're excited to watch a trailer and then *boom* two guys telling me about a game rather than me seeing actual content that is apart of the game. I was only disappointed because i was so excited to see something in the game ...
by ChimTheGrim
05 May 2011, 02:12

So what's with Blackhole's trailers?

I brought this topic up on another forum and there were mixed reactions. Some people were in agreement while others felt it wasn't a big deal. I feel it kinda is. I think the trailers for heroes VI after the debut trailer have been sort of underachieving in their goal to get me interested in the gam...
by ChimTheGrim
04 May 2011, 16:13
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes VI Delay Q&A
Replies: 12
Views: 4362

The delay is for the best. It's gonna be a great game and worth the wait.
by ChimTheGrim
04 May 2011, 03:53

ThunderTitan wrote:I think kami translated as god isn't as accurate as if you use spirit instead.
It means both... check the 2nd definition:
http://www.jisho.org/words?jap=kami&eng=&dict=edict
by ChimTheGrim
03 May 2011, 04:03
Topic: Heroes VI Delayed
Replies: 46
Views: 17905

Hmm. I don't meant any internal date, in that case you would get over year with ease. You know what? Better to compare it to the bests, so side by side to SC2? And instantly Ubi is extremly fast, the teply to the other question still vary. SC2 was delayed once as i recall, all other dates where sim...
by ChimTheGrim
27 Apr 2011, 16:13
Topic: Heroes VI Delayed
Replies: 46
Views: 17905

Man, i hope they're just pulling a Gears 3 on us, because otherwise such a long delay would indicate something's very very wrong... Hopefully it's just a marketing thing and they'll use the extra time to smooth over any remaining bugs (imo H5 didn't have any bugs that required over 3 months to fix ...
by ChimTheGrim
27 Apr 2011, 01:47
Topic: Clash of Heroes First Reviews
Replies: 11
Views: 3538

I usually leave my PS3 at my parents house so I don't waste time on it while I'm at school during the week, and I had to go out and buy the DS version because I was fiending to play this game. The DS version is the exact same game, but with old-school sprites. I never thought I would be a Haven guy,...
by ChimTheGrim
19 Apr 2011, 03:57
Topic: Clash of Heroes First Reviews
Replies: 11
Views: 3538

I recommend this game mainly because I don't like puzzle games other than something like Zoo Keeper on the DS (or Bejeweled). Those games were easy to figure out, and so is this one. SO I didn't think I would like this game, but I do. It might take you a few rounds of playing to figure out the mecha...
by ChimTheGrim
19 Apr 2011, 03:32
Forum: Articles
Topic: Clash of Heroes HD is Out
Replies: 26
Views: 11759

Re: Clash of Heroes Achievements/Trophies

Bought it, and its great. Played it for like 12 hours with no regrets. Awesome game, and fun all around. Only gripe is the load screens. Okay, so I got the full version and so far the wife and I are loving it. One question though. We've only played multiplayer battles so far and haven't delved into ...
by ChimTheGrim
12 Apr 2011, 08:22
Topic: Clash of Heroes Gameplay Movie
Replies: 12
Views: 5630

I'm surprised more people aren't looking forward to this game. Seems like a great PSN or xbox multiplayer game that has strong Heroes elements.

I think I'll be getting it.
by ChimTheGrim
03 Sep 2010, 14:45
Topic: How hard is it to look at Heroes 3 specifics for a 3D heroes
Replies: 35
Views: 14071

How hard is it to look at Heroes 3 specifics for a 3D heroes

--[please read whole post if you wish to reply]-- As we all know, Heroes VI was just announced, and yet it does look pretty cool. Yet I have some basic level stuff that I really am amazed these developers cant figure out. FIRST OFF --- 1. Stop trying to make a over-the-top strategy game that looks a...

Go to advanced search