Search found 749 matches

by Dalai
Aug 5 2016, 21:22
Forum: Campfire
Topic: The Most Ridiculous Announcement Ever by cjlee
Replies: 13
Views: 4505

Re: The Most Ridiculous Announcement Ever by cjlee

cjlee1 wrote:this is my new and current account.
You could ask admin to change your e-mail in account information. And then you could renew your password.

That is if you could prove your identity :D
by Dalai
Jul 30 2016, 22:25
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes 4 HD mod - Artists needed
Replies: 153
Views: 63870

Re: Heroes 4 HD mod - Artists needed

the H3 HD mod you can check easily on Youtube, everyone uses it, but they (baratorch) basically turned all assets of a defined or limited resolution into windows and dimmed the rest of the screen, for instance the town screens and battlefields become windows, or he padded out dead space with the ge...
by Dalai
Jul 30 2016, 10:54

why not handle it in the same way as the Heroes 3 HD mod? also how much of the game is blown open for modding now since you guys joined forces? I don't know the way they handle it in Heroes 3 HD mod. We did not join forces with them. Max_HMMI has found some very efficient ways to do the most boring...
by Dalai
Jul 29 2016, 20:40

Exciting, but it does beg a few questions. Is there an editor? I am assuming equilibris is included, but will they all run in Win 10? Win 10 compatibility is unrelated, although very important issue. Can't make any forecast yet. It is high on our priorities list. This mirrored town image doesn't lo...
by Dalai
Jul 28 2016, 22:59
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Is everything OK with this screenshot?
Replies: 7
Views: 3844

Re: Is everything OK with this screenshot?

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote:That's what I was thinking, with the wider view, but I couldn't quite tell if things were skewed or not :)
You can always check image's properties ;)

Although the difference between 4*3 and 16*9 is quite obvious.
by Dalai
Jul 28 2016, 17:42
Topic: Is everything OK with this screenshot?
Replies: 7
Views: 3844

Re: Is everything OK with this screenshot?

Bingo! :creative:

Soon I'll post a news item to elaborate on the subject. :)
by Dalai
Jul 26 2016, 16:12
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Discuss Your Uplay experience
Replies: 24
Views: 8551

Re: Discuss Your Uplay experience

Pol wrote:It's not exactly fair to compare.
Why? The money they take can easily be compared with money Steam creators take. If their system is so reta... backward then may be they should be in $1 games business.
by Dalai
Jul 26 2016, 9:14
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Randomness - vol. IV
Replies: 1712
Views: 263749

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

Well, I believe most teams have already long ago realized that 50% of them will be sick, 25% will be robbed and 5% eaten by cannibals in Rio :p Those are not the only options ;) Good old kidnapping (by police!), because why not? New Zealand jiujitsu champ Jason Lee says he was kidnapped and robbed ...
by Dalai
Jul 26 2016, 9:09

Galaad wrote:Uplay is one of the biggest piece of **** ever created in the gaming industry.
And mind you, the industry of creating pieces of **** is very, very competitive. ;)
by Dalai
Jul 25 2016, 17:58

jeff wrote:Or wait a few years for it to be available on GOG after UBI doesn't want to waste server space for it and thus a Uplay-free version.
Ubi game is so interesting that even hackers and pirates ignore it, and Ubi will have to hack it themselves. :D
by Dalai
Jul 25 2016, 13:09
Topic: Uplay Required
Replies: 5
Views: 2859

Re: Uplay Required

When Heroes fan site's admin starts promoting uninstalling Heroes game, you know Ubisoft is doing something wrong. :D
by Dalai
Jul 25 2016, 13:05

I'll be damned if Ubisoft are going to decide what association apps I have installed on my PC. If it was important for many people, someone would create some sort of "patch" (like exported registry branches or smth) to make H7 think that UPlay is present when it's not. Since there is no s...
by Dalai
Jul 5 2016, 23:15
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: H7 vs taking things into our own hands
Replies: 108
Views: 41531

Re: H7 vs taking things into our own hands

Cherry-picking convenient bits is not the same as answering. Of course I meant GalCiv 2, not GalCiv 3, which should be obvious for anyone interested in AI. It's a well known cognitive bias though, so it's ok. Good luck :D upd: from one of the reviews: AI: It doesn't cheat except on the highest level...
by Dalai
Jul 3 2016, 23:06

Actually, I stopped playing GalCiv because of the AI. Have you ever examined the planets of your opponents after you take them over? This AI couldn't even get the basics right and the conclusion is simply the only way that the opponents appear to be powerful are massive cheats. GalCiv AI is non-che...
by Dalai
Jul 2 2016, 23:25

You can easily conclude why there are no interesting and complex strategy games that feature a fast and non-cheating AI. Galactic Civilizations series. With you level of involvement with the topic of AI it is very odd you could miss the game and A LOT of discussions about it's fast and non-cheating...
by Dalai
Jul 1 2016, 23:36

I am normally not interested in entry level positions if this answers your question. No, I don't feel that any of it does, but that's ok. You skipped my question about availability of some sort of AI algorithm, description or smth like that for a Heroes game, so I have to infer there is none. If th...
by Dalai
Jul 1 2016, 19:38

Do you think I only could do that if I were hired? Not necessarily. But if I ventured a guess, I'd say you have a job which you like less than working with games' AI. So it's your hobby. And you can spare not so much time on it. If you had it as a job, you would be more motivated AND spend more tim...
by Dalai
Jul 1 2016, 15:40
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Call to H-IV mapmakers - AI enchancing scripts
Replies: 231
Views: 60592

Re: Call to H-IV mapmakers - AI enchancing scripts

Update:
No news from Namerutan.
But!
A lot of progress with iLiVeInAbOx05 :)

Your ideas will not be wasted. In fact, we'll need concrete help from mapmakers very soon. Stay tuned :)
by Dalai
Jul 1 2016, 11:38

That's funny how history goes in rounds. I remember the moment when I was convinced, that Ubi team is hopeless. They don't understand the most basic things about the game, and no amount of funding and "development experience" can change it. It was before H5 launch. All that happened after ...

Go to advanced search