Search found 749 matches

by Dalai
20 Aug 2016, 20:51
Forum: Campfire
Topic: The Most Ridiculous Announcement Ever by cjlee
Replies: 13
Views: 8677

Re: The Most Ridiculous Announcement Ever by cjlee

But still I can put a positive spin on this: thanks Ubisoft for not making an addictive game. Addictive games are bad; you only want games to be fun enough to play through without making you feel like not stopping. Good game is bad, bad game is good. Too orwellian for my taste. :S Congrats on accou...
by Dalai
18 Aug 2016, 11:46
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: X-COM, the remake
Replies: 66
Views: 41288

Re: X-COM, the remake

Kalah, those pictures of your TV are terrible. I'm sure there must be a way to make actual screenshots.
by Dalai
18 Aug 2016, 11:44
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes 4 HD mod - Artists needed
Replies: 164
Views: 137987

Re: Heroes 4 HD mod - Artists needed

do you mean like when I interned door-to-door, Mrs. Macrae ran out brandishing her rolling pin shouting for me "to get the **** ****** ** off her private property if I ever see you again I'll shove a **** ********** **** up ****," that sure cured her crippling arthritis, maybe she was gra...
by Dalai
18 Aug 2016, 09:41

To put it in other words, you're 51% for Erwinner (and others) giving you and the Equilibris team a hard time :tired: you're a brave man, Dalai ;) Oh, come on! If he lived where I live, old ladies chilling near apartment blocks would point fingers at him and say "Now THAT is a nice guy!" ...
by Dalai
18 Aug 2016, 09:27
Topic: The Most Ridiculous Announcement Ever by cjlee
Replies: 13
Views: 8677

Re: The Most Ridiculous Announcement Ever by cjlee

He is starting a new life of not bashing Ubisoft. Not that he has any real chance of achieving that, but man can dream, right?
by Dalai
16 Aug 2016, 19:02
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Heroes 4 Spellbook in Full HD
Replies: 4
Views: 4991

Re: Heroes 4 Spellbook in Full HD

Although it's just a random background, I find the idea interesting to match the background with the hero class or spellclass, but I doubt it's possible in game..? Right now there are 3 situations when you can see a spellbook: on adventure map, in battle and in city library. Only the city library s...
by Dalai
16 Aug 2016, 18:54

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote:Dalai, what do you think?
Now I think I am not the most knowledgeable person on the subject, to put it mildly :D

I think all continents should be there, but I REALLY do not insist :D Let's say I'm 51% for all continents and 49% for Iranese only. :)
by Dalai
15 Aug 2016, 18:52

True. "I can do better" is for some reason more powerful than just "I can do it". It's some sort of non-aggressive competitiveness, I think.
by Dalai
15 Aug 2016, 12:33

@Dalai, she planned to do it A3 size, instead of A4, as that would leave more room for better details. I guess the 12,5% top/bottom still applies, as being expendable. I'll make sure sides can be cut aswell. Every A[N-1] format has the shorter size doubled comparing to the A[N], but size ratio rema...
by Dalai
13 Aug 2016, 18:45

Erwinner If the information about those continents is indeed so vague, I don't really insist on including them. It's flattering that you treat a piece of fan art we discuss so seriously. Thanks, really. Consider the alternatives. Let's say we decide to put something else as main menu picture. What ...
by Dalai
13 Aug 2016, 12:06

I think it makes sense to have all the continents. Even if someone doesn't have TGS, for instance, it doesn't mean Lodwar isn't out there. A4 is enough, the quality depends on scanner. Even cheapest scanners have enough resolution to produce acceptable result. What you have to plan ahead: The origin...
by Dalai
12 Aug 2016, 15:02

Yes, iLiVeInAbOx05 is right. Of those 3 pictures Avonu posted I like the last one the most. But being very professional and "polished" (may be even a bit too much), it's really not far from maps drawn by Karmakeld's girlfriend. Those are very good, she is obviously very gifted. I suspect t...
by Dalai
11 Aug 2016, 09:04

Yes, exactly :)

Besides dragons, sea monsters and minotaurs, there can be some magical stuff. Some rainbows, magical spires, trees of knowledge. May be a cloud castle.
by Dalai
10 Aug 2016, 11:03

I wish someone could take this map as an example and redraw it in medieval style with sea-monsters, dragons and vampires in appropriate places, according to official campaigns. Some edge-of-the-Earth waterfalls, compass and other stuff. That would be wonderful :)
by Dalai
09 Aug 2016, 23:56
Topic: Tech Corner
Replies: 826
Views: 424278

Re: Tech Corner

Pol wrote:disconnect the other drives before you run the update.
That is very... messed up. :S
by Dalai
09 Aug 2016, 23:54

that was actually from NWC Heroes 4 team, the map itself that is at least Unfortunately, it doesn't answer my question. It's Ubi's now, and I don't know if they are ok with anyone else using it. you can check better versions I have only found a same version and some interesting map overlays. But no...
by Dalai
09 Aug 2016, 13:25
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Do you want to help the project?
Replies: 61
Views: 103662

Re: Do you want to help the project?

We need someone to work as a programmer on map editor issues. We need artists for HD-mod related tasks. We would welcome some music variety as added content. With iLiVeInAbOx05 we are well covered with advanced editor, scripting and map generating projects. Mapmakers help with scripts is always welc...
by Dalai
09 Aug 2016, 13:05

Slavax wrote:an official map of Axeoth
Where does it come from? Will Ubi (I assume it's them, with H7 and all) be content with it being used elsewhere?
by Dalai
08 Aug 2016, 09:52
Topic: Marzhin Moving On
Replies: 45
Views: 26300

Re: Marzhin Moving On

DanTanna wrote:Good luck Julien, you will be missed.
He is alive. He is still Heroes fan. And he is still member of this forum.
Why will he be missed? 8|
by Dalai
06 Aug 2016, 22:20
Topic: Talk about the weather
Replies: 928
Views: 239236

Re: Talk about the weather

High quality work on those lane dividers! :applause:

Go to advanced search