Search found 749 matches

by Dalai
10 Jun 2015, 16:37
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes IV: no HD workaround?
Replies: 4
Views: 3827

You should try playing with your graphics card settings, so that the game shows in the middle 1024*768 with two vertical black stripes on both sides. It will look sharp and play perfect.

I have a notebook from 2005 with exactly the same screen resolution. I can play Heroes 4 on it just fine.
by Dalai
10 Jun 2015, 16:25
Topic: Call to H-IV mapmakers - AI enchancing scripts
Replies: 231
Views: 101953

That's why for maximizing, you must give all artifact that boost creatures's luck/moral/defense/attack/speed to the hero with the highest tactics skill (usually the same hero). (obviously, if you have 2 tactic hero, 1 level 25 with basic leadership and 1 level 10 with expert leadership, you should ...
by Dalai
04 Jun 2015, 15:01

This is not true Had to check. I was wrong, I am sorry. Here is correct explanation: Game checks all heroes for highest attack bonus, consisting of skills and artifacts, and applies it to creatures. Then it checks all heroes for highest defense bonus, consisting of skills and artifacts, and applies...
by Dalai
03 Jun 2015, 11:15

It sounds very strange that warlords ring and ring of protection should only give +20% IF the hero has tactics..? I do believe it stacks upon offense/defense giving additional +20% or if none of those skills, just +20%. Atleast that's what I recall people have determined earlier I am 99,99% certain...
by Dalai
02 Jun 2015, 11:40

How are the scripts going to be inserted into the maps with the tool? I'm just trying to figure out if there's a way around the placed event only being applied to the army, rather than each hero within an army. Imagine it as a tool that has access to the map and can change it following certain algo...
by Dalai
29 May 2015, 16:07

The topic is for scripts (preferably) and ideas (if there are no scripts for them yet). Idea with giving AI heroes one of a number of predefined sets of artifacts is not bad at all. It does not work for new AI heroes (or does it? as a placed event near city gate), but combined with other buffs can r...
by Dalai
25 May 2015, 17:28

so the only way to get 100% MR is invulnerable cloak or Grandmaster magic resistance.... Sometimes 85% MR is better than 100%. When your opponent tries to curse you and fails - it's better than when he knows he can't curse you and blesses his own troops instead. Second thought: How You will apply t...
by Dalai
22 May 2015, 10:25

I tested decreasing first - no effect after 20 of battles. And then both decreasing on one side and increasing on the other side. Again - nothing. That means that you were right, and luck/morale does not affect quick battles. Sad, but we'll have to deal with it. I don't see a point in spending many...
by Dalai
20 May 2015, 10:22

Regarding combat for computer VS neutral, I personnaly prefer to give moral and luck to the computer and/or reduce moral and luck of the neutral instead of Give/take creatures from armys. That's a good idea, thank you! It requires some testing though how helpful it is. Is it equivalent to reducing ...
by Dalai
19 May 2015, 12:30

Yes, I think that would boost mapmaker's balancing capabilities tremendously. (Note that the majority of mapmakers are creative artists that think of balancing as a necessary evil) Ok, I finally see your point :) I don't see why this functionality should be "mapmaker only". Mapmakers can ...
by Dalai
19 May 2015, 12:23
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Homm4 Help with 1280x1024 resolution in windowed mode?
Replies: 18
Views: 20233

Khalbrae wrote:I wanted it to run in windowed mode to be able to record video. I can't really find any tools that work properly for me to record in fullscreen.
Try Bandicam, I was very pleased with result.
by Dalai
19 May 2015, 10:25

does it force it to 1024x768 when you set it to windowed mode? I'd love if it kept its resolution. I tested it - it did force fullscreen setting with 1280*1024 in my case. It forced 1024*768 when selecting windowed mode. But it does not matter for the goal of recording video. You said that you trie...
by Dalai
19 May 2015, 10:17

The screenshot is from the perspective of the player that wants a suitable challenge. I'd want a 'balancing' menu in the editor that allows balancing by the mapmaker for different difficulty settings. Case to illustrate: in every playtest I did so far I've commented "Armies on this map should ...
by Dalai
18 May 2015, 17:03

Karmakeld Thank you for your comprehensive input. You are very observant about Learning Stone's problems :) Now Dalai, can you dig into the Learning Stone's script? For it already remembers if a hero has already visited it (even if original name is changed), if you can do this, then you should be a...
by Dalai
18 May 2015, 11:49

We did not change this behavior from vanilla. But I don't see the problem - you start Heroes, it goes full screen mode (changing your system resolution if necessary), you hit "record" hotkey and it records everything in 1280*1024. It does not care if you monitor supports fullHD or any othe...
by Dalai
18 May 2015, 11:44

I don't know if this can give you some ideas, but here is the "Better AI" mod I did for Heroes III. As you can see, all parameters are modulable to fit every player skill and AI income/growth can go up to +1000%. ... If you are interested I can give you a list of all changes and bonuses A...
by Dalai
15 May 2015, 14:47

Call to H-IV mapmakers - AI enchancing scripts

Basis for this call is this discussion . Short summary - it is possible to make an automated tool to add scripts to one or many maps of your choosing, that will enhance AI and make maps more challenging and interesting. If you have made some AI enhancing scripts for your maps and you don't mind othe...
by Dalai
15 May 2015, 14:21
Topic: Bug reports
Replies: 99
Views: 136333

Is this a protection from Imps or something? If yes, it really hurts Imps, because they are very weak even without this. Also, Dark Champion and Leprechan are having a proper mana (24 and 3 respectively). Yes, it's protection from 1 stack of imps for 1 turn. In 2 stacks or on 2-nd turn imps will dr...
by Dalai
14 May 2015, 09:24

I'd rather it was the other way round, but I get the technical difficulty in getting a portable temple working :) Imagine your disappointment when you play for Haven and discover this spell in the only Magic Guild available to you. In multiplayer you don't have the luxury of having all level 5 spel...
by Dalai
13 May 2015, 21:30

Another one: Divine Intervention doesn't work on dead heroes outside of combat, even though it's listed as something you can use on the adventure map and it explicitly states it revives dead heroes, and actually does a sound effect and takes spell points when used (regular healing spells don't acti...

Go to advanced search