Search found 296 matches

by Tomsod
19 Jan 2024, 09:08
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MMMerge Revamp russian localization
Replies: 22
Views: 2123

Re: MMMerge Revamp russian localization

cthscr wrote: 19 Jan 2024, 08:47 Though I suspect monster kind sex is hardcoded somewhere in mm7.exe (MMMerge uses external table - 'Bolster - monsters.txt').
Yes, there's a byte array at 0x4e8360. Interestingly, it's not limited to NPCs -- e.g. genies or necromancers are also tagged female, but it probably isn't used anywhere.
by Tomsod
16 Jan 2024, 07:55

As for feminitives... MM8 (and MMMerge) NPCs don't have Sex field set yet. I'm going to add field to NPCData.txt since we already have field in structure (and shrink this field from 4 bytes to 1). Where it was stored (and from where it was get) in MM7? Not sure I understand the question. It's at of...
by Tomsod
11 Jan 2024, 20:48

A fair warning: gettext indexing the strings by content can be a double-edged sword because the same strings in original are not necessarily the same in translation. A real MM7 example: some hireable NPCs such as Monks, Hunters and Initiates share their profession titles with class ranks. In the off...
by Tomsod
07 Jan 2024, 16:32
Topic: MM IX patch for Rest Screen
Replies: 2
Views: 622

Re: MM IX patch for Rest Screen

Well, at least someone still mods MM9. Good job! Myself, I'm afraid to even play it because it was my first MM game and I was just a kid back then and I liked it very much, but it's not actually that good so I would almost certainly sour these memories if I revisited MM9 now.
by Tomsod
29 Dec 2023, 19:38
Topic: Maestro's Augmentation mod for MM7 - continues! v0.2a is here
Replies: 103
Views: 59467

Re: Maestro's Augmentation mod for MM7 - continues! v0.2a is here

That's a LOT of new art. What do horses do? Can you ride them?
by Tomsod
19 Dec 2023, 05:13
Topic: Chests in MM6/7 not reloading
Replies: 4
Views: 756

Re: Chests in MM6/7 not reloading

Newer versions of the patch try very hard to fit everything in on the first open, so you may indeed not encounter extra items until the late game.
by Tomsod
17 Dec 2023, 14:09
Topic: MMMerge Advanced Playthrough Shared Chart (Google X-Sheet)
Replies: 3
Views: 1988

Re: MMMerge Advanced Playthrough Shared Chart (Google X-Sheet)

Look, I'm really sorry to point this out, but this is a spambot. There's this stealth spam link at the end of its post: [URL=https://wordleunlimited.online/][color=#FFFFFF][size=1]wordle unlimited[/size][/color][/URL] This has been happening for a few months now, looks like the posts themselves are ...
by Tomsod
14 Dec 2023, 05:23
Topic: Elemental Mod for MM7 -- v3.1 holiday release!
Replies: 135
Views: 72044

Re: Elemental Mod for MM7 -- v3.1 holiday release!

Status update: since about May me and Kaltenberg were working on a new dungeon for a unique Sniper quest (as in Vanilla it duplicates the Master Archer quest, and doesn't require traveling to boot). Kaltenberg did all the modeling, bless his heart, and I only had to texture and script and stuff like...
by Tomsod
13 Dec 2023, 13:10
Topic: The Chaos Conspiracy Redone
Replies: 161
Views: 258365

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

Karol wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 12:56 Any kind of guide would help.
Here's the original TCC main quest walkthrough. There was supposed to be part 2 with optional quests, but IDK where it is or if it even exists.
by Tomsod
09 Dec 2023, 18:59
Topic: The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!
Replies: 942
Views: 654218

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

FWIW, you don't need all the scrolls to get the treasure, as long as you can answer the questions.
by Tomsod
01 Dec 2023, 16:44
Topic: Harmondale lore: HoMM3 Contested lands vs. MM7
Replies: 12
Views: 3263

Re: Harmondale lore: HoMM3 Contested lands vs. MM7

AFAIK there are exactly two uses of the toponym in MM7 texts: the Harmondale city temple is named WelNin Cathedral, and the GM Sword teacher is said to live "in a small village in Welnin, just south of the city of Harmondale". This gives me the impression that Welnin is the general area wh...
by Tomsod
30 Nov 2023, 17:23
Topic: Maestro's Augmentation mod for MM7 - continues! v0.2a is here
Replies: 103
Views: 59467

Re: Maestro's Augmentation mod for MM7 - begins!

The text is black for me. That said, looking at HTML, it doesn't actually have a set color, my browser just sensibly defaults it to black. Yours chose light gray for some reason.
by Tomsod
30 Nov 2023, 13:16

Still of someone relly wishes, we can rationalize that contested lands seen in h3 are not same as harmondale, but just another cluster of theese contested lands that still didnt get independence and were under Erathias control. Both the town the campaign is centered on, and the area around your cas...
by Tomsod
29 Nov 2023, 06:24

I suppose they just never aimed for 100% cross-game consistency. Like how there are angels in Celeste, tame harpies in Hall of the Pit, and rocs allied with Nighon warlocks. Or how you open a portal to another world at the end, and then it's never relevant in any sequels. (Unless the portals to Axeo...
by Tomsod
18 Nov 2023, 23:31
Topic: Armageddon spell: is it broken? How would you change it?
Views: 2815

Re: Armageddon spell: is it broken? How would you change it?

In the incriminated post there's not link, at least yet. And there's no way how to differ someone not speaking correctly in english from AI with 100% certainty. That's why next posts will decide. There is now, isn't there? geometry dash subzero I noticed sometimes they add the link later via post e...
by Tomsod
18 Nov 2023, 22:49
Topic: Armageddon spell: is it broken? How would you change it?
Views: 2815

Re: Armageddon spell: is it broken? How would you change it?

In the end, I just implemented the monster healing thing in my mod like Gray Magic Expert suggested. It's probably enough. Is that AI generated response? It can be. But we will see that with other posts. :creative: It most certainly is, we have regular posts by new accounts that contain AI-rehashed ...
by Tomsod
24 Oct 2023, 23:05
Topic: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]
Replies: 8298
Views: 7004383

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

I only found ---- Identify items function events.CanIdentifyItem(t) local Type = Game.ItemsTxt[t.Item.Number].EquipStat + 1 if Type >= 7 and Type <= 18 and NPCFollowers.HaveProfession(4) then t.CanIdentify = true end end I opened lua file with text editor windows :) Can u help? Delete "Type >=...
by Tomsod
24 Oct 2023, 00:40
Topic: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]
Replies: 930
Views: 491581

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Have run into same problem. It turned out that these are "expected exceptions" generated by lua scripts (for example, to test if lua version supports operators like "&" or "//", if not an exception is thrown and caught by lua), so just need to not break when they'r...
by Tomsod
20 Oct 2023, 20:48
Topic: Multiplayer for MMMerge [beta 14.01.2024/4]
Replies: 258
Views: 92313

Re: Multiplayer for MMMerge [beta 23.07.2023/13]

4. inventory issue - I had inventory of 100% just bottles, 1 slot each, but ~10 slots remained "restricted" to me - I was able to shuffle items from one slot to another in inventory, but when I tried to place some extra item in those slots or buy smth, even bottles of 1-slot size, game wo...
by Tomsod
20 Oct 2023, 20:44
Topic: New Might and Magic fan game- Monsters of Mican
Replies: 15
Views: 6005

Re: New Might and Magic fan game- Monsters of Mican

Welp, I've tried for a while and I couldn't get either Linux OR Windows demo to run on my Linux laptop. The native build crashes on startup, while the Windows one (with Wine) complains about no MSVC runtime, then fails to install it -- installing VC2015 runtime manually doesn't help either. Too bad!

Go to advanced search