Search found 219 matches

by Black Ghost
07 Jun 2007, 10:34
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Spell discusions
Replies: 273
Views: 100942

I'm afraid I've come up with a sick combo around Pain Mirror. Please keep me in isolation :D -hero-Monk with P.Mirror & Martyr -units A, B, C 1. Martyr A to protect B 2. Martyr B to protect C 3. Martyr C to protect A 4. P.Mirror A,B,C -dmg to A is redirected onto B, but triggers PM on A -redirec...
by Black Ghost
07 Jun 2007, 09:49
Topic: Let's change the advanced classes!
Replies: 45
Views: 28411

* Assassin: seems a bit too much. hmm, only Haste+Slayer than? * Battle Mage:Frost attack is what I suggested a few weeks back * Guildmaster: That's what I'm talking about... he should be good outside combat... Sorry, I haven't noticed that was already suggested * Heretic: Magic Mirror sucks period...
by Black Ghost
07 Jun 2007, 09:22
Topic: Revolutionary Idea: Remove PoI's from H4
Replies: 47
Views: 26901

Completely removing PoIs would be bad, as in many scenarios/campaigns they're essential. What's more, equilibration giving AI potions at high difficult lev. is for good, and I don't find it being a cheat. Interesting would be removing PoIs from Alchemist Shop/Armory/Ranger's Guild, etc. You could st...
by Black Ghost
07 Jun 2007, 08:48
Topic: Let's change the advanced classes!
Replies: 45
Views: 28411

I'd change some classes that way: Assassin (Combat+Death) Permanently under influence of Haste , Bloodlust and Slayer -> for Necromancer Haste is good enough, but Barbarian needs to kill dragons :D Battle Mage (Combat+Order) Either increase Magic Fist & Ice Bolt by 33-50% and give that spells as...
by Black Ghost
06 Jun 2007, 20:54

Thanks for reply, to some extent I agree with your feelings, but still: Bind Flyer works the same way against flyiers like Slow in decreasing movement. Ability flying only allows to ignore obstacles like trees, no influence on movement points. Chaos is actually good against ranged units. Mabye Death...
by Black Ghost
06 Jun 2007, 20:25
Topic: Ideas for next mods
Replies: 395
Views: 145067

One question: What will happen with the Archmage class? Forgot to write about him, thx for mentioning that. Destiny would enable only Life (L), Order (O), Death (D), Chaos (C) & Nature (N) skills but there are two possible ways : -1 archmage type: all Magic skills are enable but no Might skills...
by Black Ghost
06 Jun 2007, 19:04
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Looking backward: First impressions on HoMM4
Replies: 318
Views: 107095

Your topic is very interesting, as I've played all campaigns once again recently and like to compare your feelings about each story.

Waiting for your opinions about Pirat's Daughter and TGS campaigns - hope you'll play them next.
by Black Ghost
06 Jun 2007, 18:46
Topic: Which way do you take your favorite heroes???
Replies: 13
Views: 4222

Actually my heroes don't have any influence on me to choose their class, but like HodgePodge I like having male&female in army, however, to distinguish them on the battlefield :P (2 druids), not to make them a couple... Maybe it's offtopic but would it be better to classify heroes in adv. classe...
by Black Ghost
06 Jun 2007, 18:36
Topic: Zombies, beware!
Replies: 76
Views: 24113

voted mutant zombies

Wolfsburg, you're great. You should be tutor :D
by Black Ghost
06 Jun 2007, 18:33
Topic: Are Titans good or evil in nature?
Replies: 30
Views: 9189

I suppose titans to be neither good nor evil like most of creatures in HoMM world and their factions. (Angels kill so are they that good?)
Wizards/Academies are both good and evil - like any other faction they have own aims and prorities to achieve.

Titans are good as long as they are on your side ;)
by Black Ghost
06 Jun 2007, 18:23

Great point of thinking :-D Counter-strategy-tactis is nice idea.
by Black Ghost
06 Jun 2007, 18:04

I'll check it tomorrow. I’ve checked that script with nwcthoth code + Battle University (not academy :) ) and one Combat altar I've played self-made map where I've advanced in "banned" skills, so it really works. Truly it works but after testing I must outline some bugs that in destiny sh...
by Black Ghost
05 Jun 2007, 22:05

Pain Mirror is IMO probably the most useless spell relative to its level, and even if it's lowered to level 4, I still won't be using it. What do others think of it? Nor will I, but its potential is superior to Efreet's Shield (non-Fire, 50%) so 4th lev is good. Moreover, look though all M.Schools ...
by Black Ghost
05 Jun 2007, 21:34

1) Thanks for nice welcome, and nice to see you again, Metathron 2) To make it clear: Lets say Lowell from lev1-10 will only learn skills by LevelUp from battles and Dream Teachers. Destiny will work for him as if only Nature and Order skills were able to get on the map (such scripts are in map prop...
by Black Ghost
05 Jun 2007, 18:05

I’ve came up with a great idea as for the problem of determining classes. Because it’s not easy to achieve certain class - for instance Enchanter, Dark Priest, Demonologist, etc. I suggest determining skills which hero may get during Level Up to ensure him/her 100% chance to get that class, like: NA...
by Black Ghost
05 Jun 2007, 17:59

Playing a lot recently made me present my newest ideas as for spells. 1) Ogre Mage: Bloodlust, SnakeStrike, Antimagic & MagicLeech Ogres are “shamans”, order’s Power Drain didn’t fit here. Might shouldn’t kill with magic ( Shackles ) but stop it. With limit 5 spell pts. single Antimagic or Magic...
by Black Ghost
05 Jun 2007, 17:53
Topic: Economy in Heroes-IV
Replies: 55
Views: 59711

Welcome, nice to be back after a long period of time... Recently having my exams completed I’ve turned to play all h4 campaigns, scenarios and fan-made maps. I’ve started considering the way of improving economy since having “h2-week” and remembering what Dalai mentioned: economy isnt’ the strongest...
by Black Ghost
10 Jun 2006, 17:14
Topic: AI heroes---modded?
Replies: 11
Views: 7372

Agree, but remeber level-up MR percentage bonus (3% for each second levelup) and even a weak cloak, so that hereo will be tough enough to survive lightning bolt. Moreover usually you invest in your hero lot, and I doubt that he/she won't have in backpack lots of p.o.immotrality, mana, or health whic...
by Black Ghost
09 Jun 2006, 19:21
Topic: Demon Summonings on non-nature/death casters
Replies: 3
Views: 4500

I'm afraid there's no chance of giving him demon-spells without nature magic splash. It's probably because they aren't faction-spells, therefore you won't get them in m-guilds, adv. map magic schools, conservatories, or via stript GIVE SPELL. You can't also dispable it in map options under SPELLS. S...
by Black Ghost
09 Jun 2006, 19:14
Topic: AI heroes---modded?
Replies: 11
Views: 7372

OMG I'm afraid you want to make heroes super-gods with 1000+HP Firstly, Eq. increses att/def/speed/mana stats in addition to skllls aquired from level-ups. Moreover, heores are to be killed. I suppose it's grotesq to have human hero twice as strong as than dragon(!) at lev. 10 for ex. Finally, havin...

Go to advanced search