Search found 401 matches

by raekuul
24 May 2022, 20:23
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM6 skill emphasis mod (#74)
Replies: 297
Views: 67368

Re: MM6 skill emphasis mod

Just following up on the spellbook costs: at level 1 with 0 reputation score and no Merchant skill: Skill cost 750 Spell 1 (Wizard Eye) costs 150 gold Spell 2 (Static Shock) costs 300 gold Spell 3 (Prot.Magic) costs 450 gold Spell 4 (Poison Spray) costs 750 gold at level 4 with -166 reputation score...
by raekuul
24 May 2022, 15:01

I figured you were using a global multiplier since both HP and AC were being increased (MMMerge has the same issues if you leave Bolster at the default setting and jump around between continents instead of going clear-to-clear, though MMMerge also has specific exceptions in place for the three start...
by raekuul
24 May 2022, 14:20

It'd probably be a good idea to just focus rebalancing the early New Sorpigal monsters. The main thing is that increasing a monster's HP only makes it slower to kill, while increasing a monster's AC makes it harder to kill without magic. Do not raise both unless you intend to do both. Apprentices an...
by raekuul
24 May 2022, 13:50

ye you need the gate master to do the quests. cavalier you probably will agro but you gate to free haven, sleep, run to get quest, gate to free haven, sleep, run to get nomination, gate to free haven, sleep, and then do quest. Same thing for Money/stables quest. I found myself killing a bunch of mo...
by raekuul
24 May 2022, 13:04

Cavalier is on the table (only going to aggro that first group of Apprentices in Free Haven since I'll be diagonal travelling from NW Ironfist and drowning my way back and forth to Rockham is 'free' in that it won't aggro anything else), Money is probably not on the table yet (I think I have to aggr...
by raekuul
24 May 2022, 12:40

I think a large part of what I have to rethink is stats-based; since I can't even access the Day of the Gods pedestal in JVC's Office I can't rely on having super-inflated stats in the New Sorpigal area, let alone the longer-term benefit that the Shrine of the Gods provides with its smaller-but-perm...
by raekuul
24 May 2022, 11:27

okay so I started a new game on the latest version and... how, exactly, am I supposed to survive? The goblins are level eight with 24 AC (which means that it takes a lot of attempts to hit one) and the follower-class enemies over in Ironfist are hitting for a third of my HP (I can't get up to Castl...
by raekuul
24 May 2022, 00:12

okay so I started a new game on the latest version and... how, exactly, am I supposed to survive? The goblins are level eight with 24 AC (which means that it takes a lot of attempts to hit one) and the follower-class enemies over in Ironfist are hitting for a third of my HP (I can't get up to Castle...
by raekuul
23 May 2022, 01:54

Simply removing the immunities will make a difference; the probability of the spell succeeding is no longer 0%, so as the number of attempts approaches infinity the probability of the spell succeeding on any given attempt approaches 100% and besides I don't need Mass Fear to work on everything all a...
by raekuul
23 May 2022, 00:05

If immunities aren't a thing then as long as curse actually works as-is it won't need to be changed, as now you can actually curse the things you would want to curse

also be prepared for an all-new kind of endgame cheese in the form of "Mass Fear"
by raekuul
22 May 2022, 21:39

Another though is to differentiate shield and stuff protection specialty is to use shield against actual projectiles including magical. Whereas stuff should have some sort of dispel power giving a chance to deflect bad effect on party (not projectiles) like curse, weakness, fear and such. Not sure ...
by raekuul
22 May 2022, 14:08

The defensive side of things is more necessary than in vanilla too, because of the changes to combat. Want to actually get inside of Icewind Keep? Hope you have your defensive spells ready, because you're taking every single one of those shots.
by raekuul
19 May 2022, 19:52
Topic: MM6/Merge Catch-22 situation?
Replies: 5
Views: 2030

Re: MM6/Merge Catch-22 situation?

Gumdoc999 wrote: 16 May 2022, 17:01 Thanks, I had forgot about that hidden scroll, that's what I needed, already have a full party so no room to add an NPC.
Hirelings are separate from Playable NPCs, in order to support a handful of quests from MM6 (Prince of Thieves) and MM7 (Dwarves)
by raekuul
14 May 2022, 18:10

naturally you're posting that while I'm still brainstorming a solution for the ailments problem (current idea is to base the ailment modifier on the curing spell - anything that can be cured by resting would be left out since you could just go rest at the inn instead, Curse would add 5 MP to the rec...
by raekuul
14 May 2022, 17:42

Training costs more per level if you're promoted; you can see this fairly easily with the standard KACS once you've gotten the K and C promotions. The goal I guess of my proposal is to not unduly punish low-level parties (who typically can't fix the conditions on their own) while still attempting to...
by raekuul
14 May 2022, 16:44
Topic: How can I correctly update MMMerge installation?
Replies: 4
Views: 1807

Re: How can I correctly update MMMerge installation?

I would advise finishing a savegame first before updating.
by raekuul
14 May 2022, 15:32

Honestly I always forget about the +30 Level Well (though in the context of SkEm it's a major boost). The Day of the Gods pedestal inside of NWC is a much more immediate bonus at lower levels but SkEm's changes to ranged combat make that and the outside Shrine of the Gods a lot more dangerous to get...
by raekuul
10 May 2022, 20:36
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 613
Views: 412241

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

Isn't it the Lich-class enemies that are casting dispel? I remember running into Dispel Magic in the Tomb of Ethric the Mad...
by raekuul
04 May 2022, 14:49
Topic: Might and magic 8 melee team
Replies: 2
Views: 1435

Re: Might and magic 8 melee team

I've done melee-focused in MM7 before (but not Melee-Exclusive classes), it was Light[Monk,Thief,Archer,Cleric]. Having access to Hour of Power really helps Melee teams in the late game, since your one non-melee character can just focus on Light Magic after a while (though I will say that in MM7 in ...

Go to advanced search