Search found 50 matches

by Ketzal
Sep 1 2006, 17:38
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Question for people who own the Special Edition...
Replies: 18
Views: 3663

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried to read the text within the auras?
by Ketzal
Sep 1 2006, 17:29
Topic: I can't paste a mod in the data folder
Replies: 7
Views: 2055

haloswift wrote:and if I drag/paste it in the folder it say's the folder is an only read file you can put new stuff on this editable cd-rom but will replace the files

It seems like you are trying to paste it onto the CD itself. You should be putting it in the installat directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\...)
by Ketzal
Sep 1 2006, 17:24

DaemianLucifer wrote:I think those pictures should be stickified somewhere.Is there a special place for them on CH?

Maybe one of the mods can incorporate the images into the Heroes V FAQ post. This seems to have been asked frequently enough.
by Ketzal
Sep 1 2006, 15:52
Topic: Might or Magic?
Replies: 5
Views: 1584

I don't think that one is clearly better than the other (a good thing). It all depends on the map. In my experience, maps are usually geared towards either might heros or a magic heros. A balanced approach (a hero strong in both might and magic) can be very powerful, but it requires a long game on a...
by Ketzal
Sep 1 2006, 15:24
Topic: Sylvan Campaign 5: CPU uses more than 10minutes/turn
Replies: 10
Views: 2805

I have seen this happen in map 5, but only late in the scenario when Teal has a lot of resources and heros. It takes a long time deciding what to buy and where to go.

It does seem to get worse if the AI feels threatened by the presense of one of your heros.
by Ketzal
Sep 1 2006, 15:14
Topic: 1.2 cheats: newest command
Replies: 46
Views: 15153

I can get them all to work except for the skill one, I could give him attack, but I can't get him to learn archery, even though he has 3 empty slots, can anyone help? It's not the secondary slots that matter, it's the primary slots. Do you have all six skill slots filled in? If so, you will not be ...
by Ketzal
Sep 1 2006, 15:12

I dont think there were any pics of the special aura in the pic of the day page.However I think someone posted it here in the HV forum.If I find it,Ill link it.But dont count on it.If someone else is willing to share,it would be better. Check my post history. I made the post about this about a mont...
by Ketzal
Aug 18 2006, 13:45
Topic: Fall of the King
Views: 2211

I cheated once to see what would happen, but there was nothing special. Just a lot of exp (capped to level 10).
by Ketzal
Aug 18 2006, 13:42
Topic: Need a little help to get some uniqe heroes.
Replies: 6
Views: 1597

Those heroes are usually blocked from non-campaign maps since their specials are usually overpowering.

I think you are going to have to wait for the map editor if you want to use them in a regular map.
by Ketzal
Aug 17 2006, 21:46
Topic: Missing the Map Editor
Replies: 56
Views: 10486

It's being tested now. My guess is that it will like be in one of the next two patches.
by Ketzal
Aug 17 2006, 17:36
Topic: Favorite Skill Combinations ...
Replies: 37
Views: 7944

Obviously leadership is useless for them.

I don't know about useless. On a large enough map with alot of mid to high level neutral creature stacks, Leadership, diplomacy and herald of death can be very nice.
by Ketzal
Aug 17 2006, 15:13
Topic: Haven strategy and hints
Replies: 16
Views: 5269

Type gg?
by Ketzal
Aug 17 2006, 15:07
Topic: Why is no one OUTRAGED with the artifact situation?
Replies: 54
Views: 9082

I think the map editor should allow a player to creat his own unique artifacts. sort of like the artificer with the academy: they have a bunch of different icons. you choose what slot. you put in the abilities. the computer classifies it as relic or whatever and then "upgrades" the icon accordingly...
by Ketzal
Aug 16 2006, 19:12
Topic: Fall of the King
Views: 2211

There are some supporting characters throughout the campaigns that are very important to level up. I would say that it is most important to level up the secondary heros in the Dungeon and Sylvan campaigns. I think that Godric is the only secondary hero that you get to use again in a different campain.
by Ketzal
Aug 11 2006, 19:56
Topic: Special Aura
Views: 4240

That's what I paid extra for? ;)
by Ketzal
Aug 11 2006, 19:36

Thanks Angelspit. Anyone got a screenshot without the aura (now that I know what it is, I see that I have always had it)
by Ketzal
Aug 11 2006, 19:34
Topic: Suggestion about ultimates
Replies: 17
Views: 3019

I never chased the ultimate.Much better not to.Tactics was great for agrael,and so was dark magic.Destructive was perfect for raelag.And markal owned with summoning.I might have chased it with findan,because thats the only one I find usefull,but its imposible for him to do that(which is good,becaus...
by Ketzal
Aug 11 2006, 18:23

The special aura isn't that trail that follows the hero, it is that circle underneath the hero. If you don't have the special aura, then all heroes have (or are supposed to have) just the generic blue circle. If you have the special aura, then each hero's circle is different. That's it? Oh... OK......
by Ketzal
Aug 11 2006, 18:21
Topic: 1.2 cheats: newest command
Replies: 46
Views: 15153

Do you mean at the start of the Sylvan campaign? I actually tested all this at the start of that campaign...

Do you have any empty primary skill slots?
by Ketzal
Aug 11 2006, 17:34
Topic: Suggestion about ultimates
Replies: 17
Views: 3019

I was going back and playing the campaign on heroic and planning on getting all these ultimates.. screw that for dungeon - there is no way in hell I am going to gimp Raelag like that I did not even bother trying for the ultimates for Haven, Inferno and Dungeon. I got it for Necropolis, but then rea...

Go to advanced search