Search found 222 matches

by cjleeagain
17 Oct 2021, 13:14
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Anybody heard of Heroes 7.5?
Replies: 4
Views: 7509

Re: Anybody heard of Heroes 7.5?

Well, I haven't seen much about the AI (I've seen the same one-liner about changing the AI that Pol wrote), so I believe they are not going to rework the whole thing. Not when they already are doing so many other things which are extensively discussed. I think several things need to be done before a...
by cjleeagain
17 Oct 2021, 13:00
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes III Soundrack on Vinils with art of Magdalena Katańska
Replies: 1
Views: 1602

Re: Heroes III Soundrack on Vinils with art of Magdalena Katańska

I won't be buying this because I don't have a gramophone nor the space to house one. But the artwork! I'm afraid the Celestial mods (pun intended) have put the wrong sample picture on the website's front page. So most of you guys will be seeing this https://www.celestialheavens.com/modules/mod_news_...
by cjleeagain
16 Oct 2021, 13:48
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Anybody heard of Heroes 7.5?
Replies: 4
Views: 7509

Anybody heard of Heroes 7.5?

Some guys on Heroes3wog.net are working on Heroes 7.5 right now. It looks incredibly professional. http://heroes3wog.net/heroes-7-5-ultimate-edition-inferno-and-tower-factions/ Nonetheless, as some commentators pointed out, it is more important to fix the AI than to add cosmetic new units. I wish th...
by cjleeagain
13 Oct 2021, 12:41
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes III Kickstarter Board Game
Replies: 12
Views: 4889

Re: Heroes III Kickstarter Board Game

Just to be fair, BTW, I'm a fan of people adapting H3 (especially HOTA) for use on handphones and tablets. Then I could play H3 anywhere I go.

But a board game sounds too much trouble. It'll require space and stuff. How many of us really have a big nice flat clean table at all times?
by cjleeagain
13 Oct 2021, 12:39
Topic: Heroes III Kickstarter Board Game
Replies: 12
Views: 4889

Heroes III Kickstarter Board Game

Hey, I just saw this posted on youtube, and rushed over here in a hurry to see what's up, and nobody's discussing it!

(Am not that keen personally, but that's me.)
by cjleeagain
30 Sep 2021, 14:14
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Squatting Slav Stereotype - and H3!
Replies: 0
Views: 1841

Squatting Slav Stereotype - and H3!

I came across this and was surprised!

I hope this offends no one, because it is meant to be humorous.

Look for Artyom on the bottom left.

So playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is considered part of the Squatting Slav Stereotype? Wow!

by cjleeagain
05 Sep 2021, 16:36
Topic: MOD: HoMM III.5 "The Days Of Silence" - Questions, Features, Announcements
Replies: 15
Views: 9595

Re: MOD: HoMM III.5 "The Days Of Silence" - Questions, Features, Announcements

I looked at your video, and wow! As you said yourself (in the translated subtitles, at least), you're a one man army. Doing everything. Whew! But I do hope you won't take forever to get this done! I think there's no need to do videos featuring all the level 1-10 creatures as you suggested. Fans will...
by cjleeagain
27 Aug 2021, 03:23
Topic: Maygwan Map "The Walking Dead"
Replies: 6
Views: 2649

Re: Maygwan Map "The Walking Dead"

Edit 2: do not forget that 7 days with no town erases even overpowered heroes and one cannot capture a town from an ally. Your last line was really the most important line. I've realized that unlike other maps, Maygwan maps do leave this possibility for you to win the game. Whack the castles and wa...
by cjleeagain
23 Aug 2021, 14:27

Hey Pitsu Thought I'd respond to your post. Maygwan's Walking Dead map does have the problem of slowing down and gradually becoming bogged down in tons of the undead. When your enemies are basically this type of undead, or that type of undead, and everybody is just a vast shambling army that outnumb...
by cjleeagain
21 Aug 2021, 01:31
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Live Action Shaman(ness) and Orcs
Replies: 1
Views: 2172

Live Action Shaman(ness) and Orcs

Earth Daughter leads Warmongers... Now that's the kind of music that might be good for the Stronghold faction in Heroes 5! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjvoq7aFseM&ab_channel=AryunaNimaeva OK, here's a link to a specific time that really looks perfect for a screenshot: https://youtu.be/sjvoq7...
by cjleeagain
16 Aug 2021, 03:41
Topic: Summon Boat Probability for H3
Replies: 3

Re: Summon Boat Probability for H3

Wait a moment, H3 has boat ownership? But boats don't carry flags once nobody is on board! In any case, map is actually Maygwan's The Bogmire Brothers. So there are lots of boats that my side has just used if briefly. Also, it seems the odds played out fairly after all. I was complaining, because fa...
by cjleeagain
14 Aug 2021, 15:46
Topic: Summon Boat Probability for H3

Summon Boat Probability for H3

I'm wondering about the probability of summoning boat in H3. In the past, I used to think it was a 30% chance if you didn't have any skill in Water Magic. I'm afraid I was wrong. Now I'm reading that there is a 50% chance, same as if you had Basic Water Magic. Another website says 25% chance. I'm pl...
by cjleeagain
11 Aug 2021, 20:11

Just to update, I'm a few months into this map. Now that I roughly know how the opening plays out, I moved quickly to rescue Rozita. This is a must for anybody hoping to survive. Making a beeline for Rozita (I won't provide a spoiler by saying exactly where she is, since she's not hard to find) is a...
by cjleeagain
08 Aug 2021, 02:34
Topic: Ran into the most Ridiculous Problem in H3 history
Views: 1829

Re: Ran into the most Ridiculous Problem in H3 history

Pol, I am an experienced player, so I did have the problem of a full backpack multiple times before. But every single time was on a big map where you could hire other heroes. On one such ultra rich map, I hired at least 20 useless heroes (and garrisoned them) so that everyone could have their own go...
by cjleeagain
07 Aug 2021, 12:49
Topic: Ran into the most Ridiculous Problem in H3 history
Views: 1829

Ran into the most Ridiculous Problem in H3 history

Heroes 3 is such an awesome game, that I keep finding new things about this game, more than 22 years after it was first published! Today I crashed into the most ridiculous problem in my history of H3 gaming. I'm playing The Walking Dead by Maygwan. He's an incredible mapmaker. The version I'm playin...
by cjleeagain
02 Aug 2021, 21:09

I've restarted this game twice. Why? Realized that all my heroes have to move fast if I don't want to lose them. The central area (Alexandria) gets attacked pretty early, so I have to liberate Rozita from prison before more powerful undead come by. Still quite lost. I think I have finished no more t...
by cjleeagain
27 Jul 2021, 21:30
Topic: MOD: HoMM III.5 "The Days Of Silence" - Questions, Features, Announcements

Really wish you the best, Adamnavel! I'm no programmer myself; can barely even code basic spread functions! Some units that probably deserve serious tweaking in H3.5: Now I'm looking at this from Blizzard's point of view. Like when they balanced Warcraft 3. They basically check that all units receiv...
by cjleeagain
23 Jul 2021, 17:37

Would it actually be possible for you to break this mod down into more manageable pieces and start by offering beta version for public testing? I'm an author myself, and I also have to consider things like pacing and foreshadowing and what not. So not doing everything in one shot makes things easier...
by cjleeagain
20 Jul 2021, 02:57
Topic: New HOMM3 bug found- after 22 years!
Replies: 0
Views: 1683

New HOMM3 bug found- after 22 years!

Wow! There's always something new to experience in H3! After 22 years, I have found a HOMM3 game breaking bug. You can't do anything about it other than to use Windows' system to force-shut the game down. Moreover, AI being AI, it's predictable for the same day. The action will be repeated. I've tri...
by cjleeagain
18 Jul 2021, 13:44

Maygwan Map "The Walking Dead"

You can get this map here https://www.maps4heroes.com/forum/opinions.php?map_id=1890&game=3 It's by the renowned Maygwan. I'm playing it now. Requires HOTA 1.6.1 to play. So far it is pretty well made. That said, I'm slogging through it now. Really can't make much progress. It is getting tiring ...

Go to advanced search